Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Piles of Treasure

I've had a recent problem with treasure in a 5th edition game.To allow for lots of fun loot I restrict most of the findings to consumables or low charge items that don't have many more uses. However with this came a different problem that should be as simple as players taking the time to sort things out, but that hasn't been working. So, I was thinking if there was a way for them to visualize the treasure, maybe they wouldn't forget to pick it up. Yeah, I stick with the rule "If you don't write it down in your inventory, you don't have it". Well sometimes they got burned by that, and now most of them write it down... all of it. So many of them are claiming to have the same items. It's ridiculous and frustrating. So, Is it possible to create a sheet of some kind to grab from? My ideal solution would be to use a map to display a chest that i could fill with tokens and attach items to them, and then somehow use those to give people permission to add them to their sheet somehow. That way they will simply see, if something is still in the chest, that they didn't take it obviously. It would also help with saying who took what.   I could make a map that flat out shows their inventory and if I used tokens to represent items, i could just set permissions and they could drag them into their inventory space. But I don't know how to attach descriptions or things to a token that doesnt really count as a character. I'm open to any other solutions but I like creative solutions and- well I have this nifty subscription thing after all, might as well actually use it right? Thank you for your time!
Silvyre
Forum Champion
There's API Script called Party Loot Pile that might prove helpful. Do you know the issue where you start handing out loot from the freshly slain boss, and then your players start talking amongst each other, forgetting to write down who took what? Well, I solved that problem in my group by creating a group loot pile. I will just add all the loot to the pile and show it to the players, and then they can pick what they want. It has built-in protection for double looting.
That, might just be the thing i need! Thank you so much! Looks good so far.
We appoint one person to keep track of treasure, and then treasure is divided up at the end of the session.