Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

LF Players, Apocalypse World, Mondays 7pm - 11pm EST, Experienced GM

Edited 1463701998
Ryan
Plus
I’d like to get together a group of players to run a long term game, but it takes time to get together a group with good chemistry, and I don’t want to start that long-term investment until I get to know some people. So let’s play apocalypse world. What the hell is apocalypse world? The game’s backpitch . If you like it, awesome, if you don’t - well it’s not for everyone. We'll be using lots of the 2E stuff. Those links tell you a lot. Here's what else I think you need to know. Apocalypse World is a game that needs enthusiasm. You have to show up and want to play. If you sit back and wait to be entertained, if your character is quiet or you’re only engaging out-of-character, if you don’t make decisions, if you’re distracted and not listening to others, if you don’t form relationships with NPCs, or if you just generally don’t have a presence in the story - you’re killing the game, and wasting our time. Show up. Want to play. Get involved. AW is a narrative game. I’m not creating the setting, or the NPCs, or anything. We’re doing it together, as a group. I have ideas, I have things I think are cool (more The Road less Mad Max, but I like both), and I’ll bring my enthusiasm to the story. If four other players also bring their enthusiasm, we’ll make something awesome. Maybe a little settlement trying to make things right again. Maybe a band of raiders taking what they want by force. Maybe a cult of weirdos trying to commune with the maelstrom. Maybe something weirder. We’re telling a story, together. AW is a game about not enough. There’s never enough. Not enough food, not enough clean water, not enough shelter, or ammo, or guns - sure, all of that. But there’s also not enough trust to go around. There’s not enough safety to be found. There’s not enough clear-sight to see what’s coming. There’s not enough patience to deal with mistakes. And most of all, there’s not enough time. But ultimately AW is a game about what you do with that time. You can careen headlong toward the abyss, and just try to have a good time on the way. You can hunker in a fortress of sheet metal and razor wire somewhere and try to hold on - with bloody grasp - to every precious minute you can. Or you can try and find something more, something higher, something to make it all meaningful, to make it all make sense - but that’s on you. I have no higher truth for you, and I sure as shit have no answers. Maybe we can find some together. Or maybe we’ll tear each other apart, like rats in a sinking ship. Who am I? I’m 29. I own and operate a small business. I went to college, loved it while I was there, and haven’t used my degree for a single thing since. I’ve lived all around the western part of the USA, but never out of country. I’ve got some life experience, much of it painfully earned, but I would do it all over again. I want to play roleplaying games once a week, on Monday evenings, from 7 EST to 11 EST. I use skype for voice, and for text chat to keep in touch over the week. I want to meet an awesome group of people who will play through an apocalypse world game (six to eight sessions) and then start up a long term game. I don’t really want to play with people who are under, I don’t know, 24 or 23 - I’m looking for people who also have a little life experience. Convince me otherwise if you feel it’s important, I’m open minded. Send me a private message. Tell me about yourself. Why do you want to play this game? What kind of fiction do you like? If I tell you, “Roleplaying is a conversation,” what’s your reaction to that? So. Yeah. Apocalypse World. Roll20, Skype for voice, 7pm to 11pm EST, Monday nights. Looking for four players. Shoot me a private message. Hook me. Let’s start a story.
Still looking. I know it's not a super popular system, but it really is a lot of fun. You don't need to know anything about it before hand - just looking for a willingness to dive in, even if you're totally new to RPGs in general.
Hey I'm totally in, I a23 year old combat vet, I  in college now and looking for a setting to play in like this. I'm over dnd, pathfinder. I've always wanted to play in a campaign like apocalypse world, and I have been looking for a long term group. I'm a big fan of apocalypse settings, love fallout,madmax, walking dead and the like. I have plenty of life experience so no childness here
Bump. *AW is awesome. Did you post on the G+ page?

Edited 1463907080
Hey, I played both Monster hearts and Dream Askew (AW hacks from Avery Mcdaldno). And I absolutely love both. I'd like to join in and play a regular game of AW, but I've never played one. So I'd have to learn a few things, and I don't have access to the 2nd edition, unless you mean the free previews in the KS page. My other problem is the time, I usually get home at 9h30 EST on mondays. So, IF (And I know it's a big if haha), you end up playing anything later for any reason, lemme know, and I'd love to join.
Nah, I haven't posted to the G+ page, Golden. I glanced at it and didn't see a lot of LFG posts, so I figured it wasn't really for that. Maybe I'll try it out though - thanks! Anthony, shot you a message. Cesar, I could definitely be more flexible on the time. I figured I'd advertise for my ideal time first and see what happened, but I could start the game later or run it on Sundays, or even start it earlier on either of those days. And yeah, I meant the free previews on the KS page. I linked to them in my original post, but the mods took it out - I guess KS links aren't allowed. As for learning, not a problem - I like teaching. Send me a private message and tell me a bit about yourself, if you want: Why do you want to play this game? What kind of fiction do you like? What do you think of the statement, “Roleplaying is a conversation”? 
If you do end up running on a Sunday, I'd totally be down for joining in. I've run a few of the different Powered by the Apocalypse games and rarely get the chance to play anything longer than a few sessions before they fizzle out. 
I've never played AW before but I'd be interested in trying it.
Id be interested in trying AW. Im a 42 Y.O. combat vet. I've played DnD all editions, Hackmaster, A&8's, a little Savage Worlds, Heroes Unlimited, and the game that I've always loved Twilight 2000. So if you have a chair still open I'd be interested.

Edited 1463962416
Ryan
Plus
Omar, I'll keep that in mind. Ashes to Ashes, Eric, why don't you guys send me a private message and tell me about yourselves. There's a couple of questions I've asked in my posts above that are pretty good conversation starters. Let's talk. Oh, and anyone still reading, I'm still looking. If you're interested, start a conversation with me.
Still looking to find one, maybe two more players.

Edited 1464132580
I'd love to play if you're taking members. I'm 37, I enjoy RPing and GMing, but I'm a bit noobish with AW. I've been running DW for the last year and have recently tried to get into the source, but I'm not confident in my ability to GM it. I have read and re-read the book, understand how characters work, and the basic rules. I've backed the Second Edition of the game to get locals into it, but I'd love to have some play experience. Right now, I may have to cut out early on games (until the summer) as I'm a school bus driver and I need to get to bed at around 10. Edit: I hate Skype, but I'll try and get on board with it. I haven't gotten it to work right with my computer since I updated to Win10. I've been using Hangouts, but recently started using Discord primarily as it's much more stable than either Skype or Hangouts.
I'm in still. 
Im still game

Edited 1464388280
i am looking for a good apocalypse game so are you still looking a veteran novice I've got almost a year of game experience and a play mostly shadowrun and pathfinder but i'm trying to branch out i'm interested in playing either an angel or a gun-lugger but am open to most others though i haven't played a game yet
I've filled it up for now, thanks guys! I'll hit you up if anyone bails.
ok thanks
Had a last minute bail. Wouldn't mind getting a fourth player, if someone wants to dive in head first. Sent some messages to you all who have already expressed interest in this thread, as well. Maybe it's fate. Send me a message.