Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Problem with Copy / Paste while in a character sheet.

Hello folks. Doea anyone else have problems when you copy paste information, (like information out of one of the Monster Manual PDF's) and when you paste the information in either the Bio &Info box or the GM info box you get one word per line. Is this a known issue with the copy/paste option when using the character sheet? And I hope to god there is a fix for this because I dont have the time to type all this out for my monsters. Any insight would be great. Thanks in advance. David

Edited 1379159718
Gauss
Forum Champion
If a pdf has hidden formatting then it will adversely affect how it is pasted into a document such as the character sheet.  When you right click to paste something you could select "Paste as plain text" and that will get rid of the formatting. You will still need to clean it up a bit at that point.  Alternately, you can paste it into a word document or text document to try to filter out some of the formatting. That may or may not work though since itll probably keep all of the formatting or none of it.  If you need further help please send me a PM with the join link to your campaign.  Also, if you could, please show me a screenshot of what the source information looks like and what the resulting formatting looks like. - Gauss
This is what it looks like Gauss Hold Breath: The plesiosaurus can hold its breath ten times longer than normal, and being underwater imposes
Hello again,  I have tried both Copy V and also right click pasting paste as text and the same result happens unfortunately.  I just tried it as well in word and the same thing happens.  David
Copying from a pdf is difficult. You need to paste it into something like Notepad first, remove the tabs and extra spaces, and extra lines. It's often faster for me to just type it in directly.
Yeah, Ive been messing around with it for a few hours now. I will just make a base character sheet template for all of my monsters and just do it the old fashioned way.