Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
×

Looking for one-two players for a TEXT ONLY D&D 5e Campaign, meets on Thursdays once a week

1464197130

Edited 1464205855
We've been playing for about two months now and two of our players have just dropped out within the last three weeks due to job conflicts.  Current Players -A Dragonborn Monk -A Mousefolk Rouge -A Human Paladin  LOOKING FOR: We lost our cleric and a bard, and obviously we're looking to fill some spellcaster slots preferably, or maybe a strong hitter, but I won't say no to unique ideas. I (the DM) am friendly towards homebrew (as you can see from our mousefolk rouge) but I must look over and approve any homebrew you want to use. Due to the nature of the story, all characters have started at level 5.  ABOUT US: We are entirely TEXT-BASED and work over roll-20 using maps. One of our big things is writing- we have a google doc for out of session roleplay and writing dumps relevant to the characters, so we're looking for high quality writers and big RPers. We meet every Thursday 7:30 CST. If you're interested or have questions, please message me or post below. If you are interested, I'll ask you for a character pitch and a writing sample over PM. This is not first come first serve, so don't worry if you see the board filled with posts. We're looking for high quality.  Our story: The characters have awoken to find themselves trapped deep underground in the bellows of the Underdark, chained together in a line and being lead further and further downwards with no recollection of how they had gotten there. An opportune umberhulk attack allowed the characters to make their escape, and currently find themselves wandering underground tunnels, fighting monsters, trying to survive in the pitch-black, resourceless environment, and fleeing the people who had caught them for some unknown reason. The characters will be faced not only with the task of escaping underground and making your way back home, but also with the mystery of why they are here, why they can’t remember, and the threat of a great evil that is brewing underground that may endanger the very home they wish to return to.
I am interested in talking to you more about this game, however, the first day I could be present would be June 9th since my current class quarter finishes the week before. As for a pitch, can I have more details about the world, the area the party is located in atm, etc?
I might be interested in this.  I often find text allows for more nuanced story telling than voices with modern slang mixed in :) Would you mind at all providing a snippet of some of the text-based interactions of your game?  I think it might add a fair to to what you're looking for in potential players. (My Roll20 Profile has all the relevant info about play style, experience, and general bearing)