Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Savage Worlds: Realms of Cthulhu LFM 2-3 Players (Interest Check)

Two buddies of mine and I (with me as the DM) are planning to run a Call of Cthulhu campaign online via Skype and Roll20 using the Savage Worlds core rules. The specific Savage Worlds setting book is called Realms of Cthulhu, but it is basically the same thing. The campaign will use the standard Savage Worlds rules for combat, but will incorporate more CoC elements for the mental rules. - The setting will be the modern times set in a New England major city. - The two players plan on playing: an elderly psychologist and a shady private eye. - All of us are quite roleplay-heavy, so that will be a big focus of the campaign. - Timezones are: 2 CST, 1 EST USA. I am writing this post to see if there is any interest for this. If you do, post back or private message me with any questions you might have and your skype name. We currently don't have a specific date, but it should start within two or three weeks. Thanks all.
I'm interested. I've recently learned Savage Worlds, but haven't actually played a game in it. I've played LOTS of Call of Cthulhu (and recently played for a bit with the Skype of Cthulhu group. I'm in CST USA, but I'm not usually free until evenings as I have 2 infant twins that I help with until their bedtime. After that, I have no limits on my time.
Evenings will generally be what generally be the times we will be playing. I will contact you when I have more things setup. Looking to start within 2-3 weeks.
Shameless bump.
I'm interested. I've recently learned Savage Worlds, but haven't actually played a game in it. I've played LOTS of Call of Cthulhu (and recently played for a bit with the Skype of Cthulhu group. I'm in CST USA, but I'm not usually free until evenings as I have 2 infant twins that I help with until their bedtime. After that, I have no limits on my time. Hey Robert, It looks like I currently have 3-4 players in for sure. We are thinking of starting on the 2nd of Jan 2013. Would Wednesdays work and what times would be best for you?
Wednesdays would work for me; time-wise the later is better; I'm not usually going to be available until 8:30pm CST or later b/c I need to help get my kids to bed.
How late can you play up to?
probably 1-2am CST. With newborns, I'm very used to not sleeping much =)
Color me interested. I've got a lot of experience with Savage Worlds; it's pretty much the only system I've played. Most of the campaigns I've run or participated in have been really combat heavy, though, so a CoC-inspired campaign seems like it would be a welcome refresher from hack-n-slash dungeon running. If you folks are still taking applicants, I'm down.
I'm interested, I love lovecraftian horror and I'm interested in trying the savage worlds system. I'm on PST and have evenings free, do you have any open spots?
I'd be down, I've been looking around for a SW game. I'm free after 6pm PST on weekdays except Thursdays and any time on weekends.
I'm interested. Sexy_hamburglar on skype. I'm new to the system, so you'd have to point me at the materials, but I'd be glad to learn.