Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

Need help with a FAE macro

Pat S.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
I'm trying to add a ? roll query into this macro so it can take in account Aspects, Stunts, and Situational modifiers for the roll. I've tried a couple different ways but have not figured it out yet. I know it is something simple but I'm just not seeing it. &{template:FAE}{{name=@{name}}}{{effect=?{Approach|Careful, Careful: [[4DF+ @{careful}]]|Clever, Clever: [[4DF+ @{clever}]]|Flashy, Flashy: [[4DF+ @{flashy}]]|Forceful,Forceful: [[4DF+ @{forceful}]]|Quick,Quick: [[4DF+ @{quick}]]|Sneaky,Sneaky: [[4DF+ @{sneaky}]]}}}
Ziechael
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
There is an additional } at the very end, could that be breaking it?
Pat S.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
It's not broken. The 3 } close out the current ? and the effect roll template. I'm trying to figure out how to add a +?{Modifier|0} to the macro in the manner that it is added to the dice roll when the approach is chosen.
Ziechael
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
D'oh, of course that is why there are 3 at the end!! Does [[[[?{query...}]]+[[?{modifier?...}]]]] work?

Edited 1464634772
Silvyre
Forum Champion
I generally recommend that elements common to every drop-down field of a Roll Query be factored out. e.g. ?{Q|A, [[1d20 + 1]]|B, [[1d20 + 2]]|C, [[1d20 + 3]]} → [[ 1d20 + ?{Q|A, 0|B, 1|C, 2} + 1 ]] So, factored: &{template:FAE} {{name=@{name}}} {{effect=?{Approach| Careful, Careful: [[ @{careful} | Clever, Clever: [[ @{clever} | Flashy, Flashy: [[ @{flashy} | Forceful, Forceful: [[ @{forceful} | Quick, Quick: [[ @{quick} | Sneaky, Sneaky: [[ @{sneaky} } + 4DF ]] }} Then it's just a matter of placing your second Roll Query right after the first. Doing it this way avoids having to deal with Advanced Usage for Roll Queries .
Pat S.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
Ziechael said: Does [[[[?{query...}]]+[[?{modifier?...}]]]] work? That was my first thought but it didn't work when I tried it. Silvyre said: I generally recommend that elements common to every drop-down field of a Roll Query be factored out. e.g. ?{Q|A, [[1d20 + 1]]|B, [[1d20 + 2]]|C, [[1d20 + 3]]} → [[ 1d20 + ?{Q|A, 0|B, 1|C, 2} + 1 ]] So, factored: &{template:FAE} {{name=@{name}}} {{effect=?{Approach| Careful, Careful: [[ @{careful} | Clever, Clever: [[ @{clever} | Flashy, Flashy: [[ @{flashy} | Forceful, Forceful: [[ @{forceful} | Quick, Quick: [[ @{quick} | Sneaky, Sneaky: [[ @{sneaky} } + 4DF ]] }} Then it's just a matter of placing your second Roll Query right after the first. Doing it this way avoids having to deal with Advanced Usage for Roll Queries . I knew it was something simple. Thanks for pointing it out.