Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

Unique Portraits For Each Game

Instead of having to change your portrait for each game, have a single user portrait and then separate ones for each game you're playing.
Alternatively, the option to display your character's portrait on the tabletop instead of your Account portrait.
Gold
Forum Champion
A long-standing good suggestion. In the meantime as a workaround, if you turn "Video" ON, you can use a 3rd party program to transmit a picture of your choice continually as if it's your webcam feed. ManyCam and CamTwist are 2 programs that offer free versions that can push a picture out in place of a webcam, filling your video box with whatever picture you like. With this you can continually flip pictures in your gallery, for example, your character with a sad face, sleeping face, or other variations -- whatever portraits you have.
Gold
Forum Champion
I've got another Vote available to +1 now due to another suggestion that got accepted/completed. Also I like Devindra's way of looking at this too.
The Aaron
Roll20 Production Team
API Scripter
Devindra P. said: Alternatively, the option to display your character's portrait on the tabletop instead of your Account portrait. Ah, if it set it when you selected your "speaking as", that would be fantastic!
I made a duplicate request, switched my vote over to here.
I entirely support this -- after all, we can already load profile images for our characters into Roll20 character sheets. So it should be trivial to add this extra step. Also, I'd like to see the option to have a standard user name (for forums and general stuff) and separate character names for each game.
As someone who plays a game like every night of the week, constantly changing my portrait is silly and having a completely irrelevant portrait is also silly. This seems easy to accomplish and really useful.
Gold
Forum Champion
Dasra said: Also, I'd like to see the option to have a standard user name (for forums and general stuff) and separate character names for each game. Dasra, the Display Name feature exists, it's working. When you are in the game, go to Gear icon at the top-right (Settings) and go down to Display Name. Change it to what you want for that game, and it will appear at the bottom & sticks whenever you return to that game.
Gold -- thanks. I do use that sometimes. I just think it should be a bit more accessible. Thanks.
A campaign-option that the GM can set to use the "As:" character portrait as your player portrait would be great.
Something like this would be really great
please do!
Im still waiting for this to be a thing please do this
+1
+1

Edited 1458353590
Oh please, this would be fantastic! We're running with a set-up like this; And oh my god would it be useful to not have to change our avatars twice per week so we fit for both of our campaigns!
Goat Games
Marketplace Creator
+1 ,as a creepy profile picture changing dude, i would like this feature ! for science...
This would be great. Since I enjoy the roleplaying aspect, the Avatar helps with that for me. Having my Avatar change for each character would be awesome.
I would really like this feature, especially seeing as to how I'm both a player and a GM and I prefer to change my portrait to when I GM to something that is not some random character I play but a sign or logo or.. something.
I also vote for this
Heck yes having a unique photo for each game would be much better.   I clogged up my library without even knowing it, so I had to go clean out about 2.5 years worth of pictures (because I would change my personal picture, on top of the tons of games I was in.).    I voted, so hopefully this comes to pass!     ツ
+1 It would be great to allow people the option to keep the old method if they don't want to do this, but I'd love for my token to look like my characters look in their armor, while my portrait looks like my characters' actual faces.
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
+1 This can't be that difficult to implement. (says me, with no idea of how difficult it would be to implement.)
AquaAlex
Sheet Author
Translator
API Scripter
The Aaron said: Ah, if it set it when you selected your "speaking as", that would be fantastic! +3
Absolutely +1. It's quite annoying to change account picture when you play a lot of game during the week. :) Once we can also see our private gallery, but now seems that we are not allowed anymore to access it.
Joseph M. said: Absolutely +1. It's quite annoying to change account picture when you play a lot of game during the week. :) Once we can also see our private gallery, but now seems that we are not allowed anymore to access it.
+1
+1 great idea which shouldnt be to difficult to impliment 
The eventual integration is likely to be whatever "speaking as" character you have for your campaign.
I have a question, in addition to the +1 vote for this feature. My profile picture is fine, but on the game page I get a little picture-placeholder over the top right corner of my picture. What does that mean? -Falsoon
Falsoon said: I have a question, in addition to the +1 vote for this feature. My profile picture is fine, but on the game page I get a little picture-placeholder over the top right corner of my picture. What does that mean? -Falsoon That means that you are currently logged into the game.
Kyle G. said: Falsoon said: I have a question, in addition to the +1 vote for this feature. My profile picture is fine, but on the game page I get a little picture-placeholder over the top right corner of my picture. What does that mean? -Falsoon That means that you are currently logged into the game. Expanding on that it means you failed to exit the game properly the last time you  played. always go to setting then Exit.
Adding my +1 here, tired of uploading the same 4 pictures and then having to manually delete them from my library when I have 20+ of any particular one. 
3 years ago eh. top notch service roll20
As suggested by Gold, a workaround in the meantime is quite easy to implement. As he said, you can use ManyCam or an equivalent software to feed Roll20 a picture (or video, or animated GIF) instead of your face. In this thread <a href="https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/6098482/spicing-" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/6098482/spicing-</a>... I was suggesting the use of OBS Studio (open source software). I linked in the thread a quick video I made to show the usage and the results of such solution. The caveat is that the OBS add-on required to produce the feed is only for the Windows version of the software
fenrhir
Sheet Author
Translator
API Scripter
Adding my vote here. Can't really understand how such a simple thing has not been included from the very beginning...
Adding a +1 if I can.. As a dude with a feminine voice, (and since I play characters of either gender), it can be really confusing for other players over voicechat.
+1 for me. I am in 3 different WH40k games. and my fellow deathwatch marines always attack me and assume I've turned to chaos whenever i have my black crusade character picture on.
+1 for sure
+1
+1
Adding my vote to this.
Signed. I really appreciate Roll20, but this is highly annoying (and probably even causes unnecessary traffic for you guys). Please fix!
Adding my vote to this
I came to the forums specifically to see if there was a way to do this. I'm disappointed that there isn't (currently), but I'm glad that there seems to be a good bit of want for it. Well, if my two cents counts for anything then I would like to see this as an option, as well.
+1&nbsp; This is definitely an issue in several of my campaigns.
+1
+1 Changing my Profile Picture every game to fit the character. Display Name too, but that at least has a function and is super easy ^^
+1 +1 +1
+1