Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Looking for players for Basic Fantasy Role Playing Game campaign Saturday Nights 7-9:30 CST (-6 GMT)

Teluria is a light fantasy campaign influenced by Terry Pratchett, Alan Dean Foster's Spellsinger series, and Gordon R. Dickson's Dragon and the George series. Humor is an important part of the campaign, which is ongoing. It's divided up into Chapters (one night's game play) and Books (story arcs). The campaign just finished up a Book called "Flight of the Pigasus" about a lovesick wizard, an unfortunate marriage proposal, and a flying pig. If you understand that we do this for fun and don't take the whole thing too seriously, you'll probably fit in just fine. Because we have a really good group going and want to keep it going, you'll be asked to play one night as one of our NPCs to see how you fit in and whether you want to play with us without having to bring in a new character that we get rid of the next week, just to keep continuity going. Not that we think we're all that, but we've got a good thing going and want to keep it that way. Right now, we're looking for someone to play a cleric and a rogue, as those are what are needed to balance out the party. Presently we have the following characters: Pug the Halfling Fighter Ragda the Redrock clan Dwarven barbarian Kalixta the Halfling Illusionist (although she's having a bit of a problem with her self image these days. Dust the Thief (Dust's player is going on sabbatical and won't be available for a while) Euphema the Aelven cleric. (an NPC) Mustard the fighter (an NPC) Mustard is our audition NPC that we have people play the first time before they create their own character (he's essentially a vanilla flavored fighter who has a couple of interesting personality quirks. Age range of the players is mostly people who played D&D when it still came in a white box.) Maturity is more important than age, however. People new to RPGs are welcome. More information and the address of the campaign wiki are in the right most Pdf below. if you would like more info you can also message me here.
Check out the forums at basic fantasy.org if you'd like to read a good write up of our adventures so far. they're in the general discussion section
we're off for the holidays but will start again Jan 5
oops forgot to mention Harl the Dwarven Flamewarden clan pyromancer, the other PC we have in the party.
I might be interested. I've been gaming since 1985 or so, and am quite familiar with retro clones, although I have little direct experience with BFRPG. I also know my way around Roll20 pretty well, having used it for my own games for many months. Maturity won't be a problem, although my wife might disagree with that assessment.
I would be interested but I am completely new to tabletop games so I will need a lot of guidance and coaching as I learn how to play. I should be able to handle the maturity aspect of your group requirements quite easily I would hope.
Slig, I think you're probably in the wrong time zone at this point. We're CST, and from what you said in another message you would be starting at 3am your time.
Ah yea, I had looked at the time wrong at the top. I think I had either seen EST or +8 and figured it would be fine for me. Sorry.