Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

Advice: Want to go Pro, but changing banks in the next few months and no credit cards...

The title pretty much sums up the situation: I have been banking with Fifth/Third bank since I was 16 but they have finally pissed me off for the last time with their poor customer service and bullshit online policies so I am going to find a credit union that serves my needs and switch over.  This of course means that my current credit card is about to stop working in a month or three.  Now I want to sign up for a Pro user account again* but I am wondering if it is worth the hassle of changing over the credit card information when I change banks or if I should just wait till I have a new bank with a new card in about 3 months here?  *(Used to have one but canceled it when I lost my living situation about nine months ago: well, have a new living situation now, my first independent apartment, so I think it's high time I signed up again. I mean, I have the Never Ending Story badge, the 1K Hours badge, AND the Patron of the Arts badge, it's not like I'm not making use of the site...) As the tittle of the thread says: I have no credit card that wont be dropped when I change banks, and am looking for advice: get the pro membership now so I can make use of the enhanced storage and the character vault but deal with changing over from my current card to my new one, or wait till I have a new card from my new bank and hope I don't lose any/all of my currently vulnerable* token assets?  *(I had a player who has a pro account upload a number of tokens for me to use in a game, that player has since quit the game in question...) 
Finderski
Pro
Sheet Author
Compendium Curator
If you go the annual route you'd have a year to get your card sorted, and the hassle isn't really any different than if the card expired anyway... :)
While that would be a good option I can't afford the up front expenditure right now and probably wont be able to for longer than it would take to get a new card...
Finderski
Pro
Sheet Author
Compendium Curator
In that case, there are also pre-paid Visas. Or, you could pre-pay for a few months (not a whole year, just build up a few months of credit to give you time to get your new card).