Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

[LFP] D&D 5E Game for Beginners – Sunday, June 12 @ 2pm PDT

Edited 1465521092
Greg
Pro
What: I am offering a D&D 5E session for beginners. This is a one-shot adventure using the D&D 5E Basic Rules for players and pre-generated characters. There is no need for video. We will use the Roll20 virtual tabletop and audio. Who: This session is for players who have watched D&D sessions online, may have read through some of the rules, and want to start playing, but they are new to tabletop role playing games, D&D, and Roll20. If you are one of those players, this session is for you! Please make sure to read this announcement thoroughly and follow the application instructions. When: Sunday, June 12 at 2:00pm PDT (UTC -7). The session may last 3 to 4 hours, so plan accordingly and please be on time or preferably 10 minutes early. If you are not certain you can make the scheduled day and time or play for the duration of the session, please DO NOT apply. I may offer more sessions in the future, so watch for those announcements. What Is Needed? A copy of the D&D 5E Basic Rules (free, printer-friendly download) Read or review pages 1-11 and 57-81 of the Basic Rules (to familiarize yourself with the basics of character creation and how to play the game). An excellent Internet connection A headset or microphone for audio Choosing Your Character: You may use one of several pre-generated characters based on the D&D Basic Rules . These will be available for you to choose once you are invited to join the game. How to Apply: Only 5 player slots are available for this session. To apply, reply to this message with your age, time zone, why you are interested in D&D, your experience with any fantasy literature or computer RPGs, and how advanced you are as a computer user (Basic, Intermediate, or Expert). Knowing your computing level will help me prepare for each player's needs. Please use the following format for your post. If your application is accepted, I will reply to you via PM with the link to join the game. Age: Time Zone: Why D&D?: Fantasy or RPG Experience: Computer Skill Level (Basic, Intermediate, or Expert): Decent grammar, punctuation, and spelling will earn a +1 bonus for your application. This makes things clear and easy to read. Thanks!
We've had a couple of excellent potential players sign up through our  Find a Group listing , so we have two players so far. Others are welcome to reply here or visit our listing to apply.