Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

[LFP][M&M3E][Thu. 7 PM PST] Fallout: The Fearless City

Edited 1465601060
Baron Von Cross
Sheet Author
Congratulations Vault Dweller! If you are reading this, then you’ve hit the jackpot! You are one of the few Americans lucky enough to be selected (or descended from) Vault-tec’s selected groups for surviving the end of the world. Please enjoy the following video followed by the GOAT test to receive your aptitude & vault assignment... Hello, I am looking for a few more players to join in on my M&M3e game in the Fallout setting, you few will begin as vault dwellers who make your home in Vault 232. A few things first... Things to know: 1st session will be on June 30th. This is the Mutants & Masterminds 3e system, but there are NO POWERS, this is just the system being utilized for the fallout universe. It makes combat quick & allows for great customization. This will be aimed at being more realistic than the video game, adding the 3e lethality rules. Getting hit by a bullet will be extremely damaging. Not for those who don’t like high danger games.  A mixture of story-driven & player, there will be a grander story ongoing in the wasteland but its up for the players to determine how they adjust to it. While there will be combat involved, the level is determined by the players but plenty of roleplay opportunities will be there. You want something mechanically more like the video game, then this isn’t it. Any level of experience is welcome as long as you’re mature & willing to commit to the game. Starting chars will most likely not start with direct combat skills without good reason. Things required: Skype & Discord Audible Mic & Quiet Room About Me: I'm 22 year old California college student in CIS with too much time on his hands. I've DMed D&D 3.5, 4.0, 5.0, Warhammer Rogue Trader, A Song of Fire & Ice Roleplaying, Mutants & Masterminds 3e. I tend to really enjoy GMing serious narrative games over rogue-likes dungeoncrawls but I've done either depending on the situation. I don't act much as a player anymore due to difficulties in trying to find campaigns that last, so I run my own. Let me know if you have any questions whatsoever & If you’re interested, please go ahead & post using the following below: ~Player~ Age: Little about yourself: Experience roleplaying: What you enjoy most in campaigns: ~Character Concept~ Name: Personality: Sample Skills: Role in group: ~Questions~
Age: 25 About me: Pros: I'm easy going and respectful. I can have fun while losing. I'm perfect in every way! Cons: Overconfident, cavalier attitude. Inability to point out personal flaws. Experience roleplaying: I got back into the RPG hobby a year ago after a long hiatus. I've played and run a diverse range of systems and characters in my time.  My favorite campaigns have memorable NPCs I really care about and/or despise. I find stories don't need to be epic in scale to be compelling and fun. ~Character Concept~ Name: Phineas Vismann Personality: A meticulous planner and compulsive liar, Phineas is friendly enough to those who aren't meddling in his latest schemes and experiments. Sample Skills: Chemistry, Deception, Robotics Role in group: Mr. Science!
Is discord a must?
Hey, I'm Clockwork.  I'm an avid martial artist, tinkerer, marksman, amateur suburban farmer, somallier and jewler.  I've been RPing for some 10 years now, started with D&D 3.5 and have some experience with shadowrun, all flesh must be eaten, Call of Cthulhu, and a few others.  As far as games go I love the characters and the story.  Don't mind combat at all, especially punishing combat, and I like when cleverness is a virtue in a game. Character Concept Name: Elias Gray Personality: Bound by a defunct code of honor only he accepts, very loyal to his friends, willing to do what it takes to succeed.  Eccentric. Sample Skills: Ranged Combat, Stealth, Inventing/Repairing Role: Jack-of-all-trades, emphasis on active support Questions: Just time period in the Fallout Universe and setting (East vs West)
Age: 23 Little about yourself: I am 23, and vurrently looking to be a player in a tabletop game. I'm a huge fan of the Fallout games and wouldn't mind RPG-ing through the Wasteland. Experience role-playing: I have had over a years experience playing DnD 5e. mostly as DM. Looking to be a player in a game as well as expand my tabletop horizons What you enjoy most in campaigns: I personally enjoy freedom and encouragement of creativity. Both from the DM to make fun and interesting challenges. As well as from Players to solve them. ~Character Concept~ Name: Talon Harper Personality: Smooth Talker Sample Skills: I need help with this as im not familiar with this gaming system. But as a general example I wanna play a conman. Pick Pocketing, backstabbing, and in general being Silver tongued. In Fallout terms, Stealth, Bartering, Hacking, Stuff like that. Role in group: Think "Face" fromt he A-team. Something like that. As I've stated i am a complete newb, but am excited and willing to learn this game. :D

Edited 1465703887
Baron Von Cross
Sheet Author
@Robin W. Unfortunately it is, because for voice calls it has always worked a lot smoother for everyone involved in the past & skype has glitched out a few times. @Ronin K. General Northwest, you recieve no more clues :)
Age: 19 Little about yourself: Im a pretty chill guy who enjoys playing ttrpg. Im really just looking for a game I can play regularly with people who enjoy it like I do Experience roleplaying: I've played WoD and a bunch of custom games I have also used a custom version of this system  What you enjoy most in campaigns: I enjoy the fun of ttrpg it brings me into a world unlike are own and that is the most fascinating part of the experience the world created by a good gm and players to sum it all up its the fun of creating a world that we enjoy that we made  ~Character Concept~ Name: Kaden Fox Personality: Calm and collected. Always looking for a way to help someone sees the best in everyone. Sample Skills: First aid,armor repair, Combat strategy   Role in group: Combat Medic 
AGE-45+ Little About Myself-A dad, who likes to RP, and chill out with folks just looking to have a good time. Experience Roleplaying-20+ years, though  maybe played this game once, however it reminds me of Ninja & Superspies with no powers, and I like the Fallout game, so look forward to having fun. Enjoy most in Campaigns-Creativity, roleplaying and having fun. Also creating great stories through roleplaying, that are like reading mini-series. -Character Concept- Name: George Stokes Personality: Quiet, deep thinker, strong silent type(think of Mack from  Agents of Shield), team player, good follower, usually only speaks when it matters. Sample Skills: Electricial/Electronic Technician, Mechanic, Military Trained Role In group: Combat tech

Edited 1465811503
~Player~ Age: 17 Little about yourself: I am one of those people who loves to roleplay their character constantly unless it needs to be OOC. Experience roleplaying: I have around 5 years of roleplay experience with games such as Pathfinder and D&D but have never done one like this. What you enjoy most in campaigns: I absolutely love flavor. ~Character Concept~ Name: Jack Schelks (Arbiter) Personality: Seems a bit rude at times but does what's best for him and his friends. Sample Skills: Stealth, Military Trained, Long Ranged Weapons Role in group: Recon/Sniper
I want to specify again, that characters will most likely NOT have any starting combat skills due to having grown up in a vault, learning them later is possible however, but the game is starting off in the vault.
~Player~ Age: 25 Little about yourself: I'm a student of creative writing, and like to think myself as a writer. I like to roleplay, play video games and write, and sometimes watch tv. I'm big on character acting and rarely speak out of character unless I have a question for the GM. I love the fallout universe, although I haven't played the latest game, I've plat'd New Vegas and Fallout 3 Experience roleplaying: I've been playing, almost exclusively on roll20 for about 3.5-4 years, I've played a variety of systems including 4 or 5 games of M&M 3e, I also GM M&M and 2 other games on the weekends. What you enjoy most in campaigns: Roleplaying a character, building a story and backstory and interacting with other characters and a world. ~Character Concept~ Name: Alice "Cheshire" McDowell Personality: Tomboyish, aloof and independent Sample Skills: Acrobatics, Athletics, Stealth, Role in group: Scout, Generally good at climbing and parkour as well as fitting into spaces other cannot. Messenger.

Edited 1465889238
~Player~ Age: 23 (Turning 24 in July!) A little bit about yourself: I'm from the east coast (RI), i'm a college student and i have a lot of time on my hands. I love video games and writing fantasy novels. I'm pretty laid back and like to have fun. I tend to stay in character, although my characters don't tend to be too different from me as far as how they think. I've also played and beaten all of the fallout series (excluding new vegas), so the lore is well known. Experience roleplaying: I've played D&D 5e a few times. What you enjoy most in campaigns: The role playing and wit i've used to navigate the plot ~Character Concept~ Name: Jamie Rhear Personality: Well mannered, cautious, kind and intuitive. Opininated but understanding. Sample Skills: Locksmith, Awareness, Strongback Role in group: Look out/Path finder/Pack mule
Well, may as well throw my name into contention. ~Player~ Age: Nineteen Little about yourself: I'm a college student from New York who's been roleplaying on this site for about a year now. (Feels like longer) I'm trying to expand my horizons since the vast majority of that time I've been playing with the same group of friends, and I'm trying to meet new people. Roleplaying is my hobby and it makes me happy. I am familiar with the Fallout series. Experience roleplaying: Mostly Pathfinder, some homebrew D&D, some World of Darkness (mainly VtM) What you enjoy most in campaigns: Being a unique and fleshed out person. I'm not really all that concerned with 'winning' so much as being part of a compelling story. ~Character Concept~ Name: Elizabeth E. Reed Personality: Withdrawn, sardonic, pragmatic, kind of sulky but well-meaning Sample Skills: Technology, Perception, Expertise Role in group: Works in Vault Hydroponics - Serves as general support
Never played Mutants and Masterminds, but I love Fallout. So, lets give it a shot. ~Player~ Age:  19 Little about yourself: College student studying Accounting, from Massachusetts. I bowl, I work, I write a tiny bit, and I play a ton of games. Played all the fallout games (including the Orginals) a ton, and I have had a few discussions with friends on where I'd wanna be and whatnot.  Experience roleplaying: I've been roleplaying for about 3,4 years now. Started with 5e during the playtest, and expanded into FATE and I'm looking to learn Mutants and Masterminds, World of Darkness, and Savage Worlds. What you enjoy most in campaigns: Forming a connection with the other players and being able to enter a world outside of the day-to-day of normal life. Well, that and being able to take my character(s) to the stars, figuratively speaking (sometimes).  ~Character Concept~ Name: Timothy Morrisson Personality: Cheerful, Loud, and a (Fake) sense of Innocence Sample Skills:  Sleight of Hand, Stealth, Deception Role in group: The Sneak/Pickpocket ~Questions~ None at this time.

Edited 1466135113
~Player~ Age: 16 Little about yourself: often confused with being older than i am. beaten FO 1,2,3, NV, & T-BOS Experience roleplaying: Shadowrun, Pathfinder, D&D totalling a year and a half but i have no experience in this system What you enjoy most in campaigns: combat, narrative and time it takes to get there ~Character Concept~ Name: Perceval "Percy" Bishop Personality: A joveal, carefree young lad unless he feels threatened and then the light fades from his grey eyes then he shows how hard the wasteland can hit Sample Skills: Stealth, Unarmed * Melee or Small Guns, Perception, Athletics , Acrobatics Role in group: group scout / ghost  What Makes Me S.P.E.C.I.A.L Strength: 7 Perception: 5 Endurance: 6 Charisma: 5 Intelligence: 5 Agility: 6 Luck: 6 ~Questions~ where is the book for this or any reading material to learn the basics from? is it ok to have so many sample skills?
The book for the basis of the game is the core player's handbook for Mutants & Masterminds 3e. Sample skills is just to help me get a general idea of what a player had in mind, the amount of them isn't really important.
I've never played mutants and masterminds and the book is confusing but i want to try and I've also played and beat Fallout 3, nv, and 4 ~Player~ Age: 19 Little about yourself: bout to go off to college, I can be pretty chill and will show respect if respect is shown to me. I'm also an artist not a very good one but hey i try Experience roleplaying: I've played and ran a game of dnd 5e but I'm not really good at DMing What you enjoy most in campaigns: fun NPCs and Awarded creativity ~Character Concept~ Name: Trevor C. West Personality: he's a young adult (18-24) rebellious, open-minded, alittle violent and loyal to his friends Sample Skills: fast, strong, repair, marksman and charismatic Role in group: fighter ~Questions~ i have a few so i apologize - I don't really know how to play M&M so how do i fill the player sheet? - would the game be every Thursday at 10pm? and how many games might we be playing? - This is more of a statement. I'm interested in this game but I don't know if i can get a completely quiet room so for now think of me as interested but not sure sorry if I inconvenienced you
~Player~ Age: 26 Little about yourself: Nordic teacher who's found himself with a little too much free time what with the summer holiday. I like to think of myself as being patient and pretty inoffensive. As a player I fall in the "story-teller" camp usually reserved for GMs. I like my role playing (a lot), but gargling cement in preparation for my role as a super-mutant is not for me.     Experience roleplaying: I have a lot of experience with 3.5 and its derivatives, but M&M is completely new to me. That's actually kinda what drew me to this game. The neon sign at the door spelling " Any level of experience is welcome " was a blessing, because I've wanted to try the system for a while now. Something else new to me that I've wanted to try is this site itself; I've never actually partaken in a Roll20 game before. Might also be worth mentioning that my knowledge of the Fallout universe is limited. I've had some playtime with 1 and 2, but nothing much beyond that. If you're looking for someone to play a fish-out-of-water character I'm your guy! What you enjoy most in campaigns: Lore, settings, interesting NPCs. I'm a sucker for rich narratives, but also enjoy exploring game mechanics. ~Character Concept~ Yeah, I've got nothing here... As expressed above I have little knowledge of both the system and setting. I'm usually the type to go for whatever I feel would round out a group. Maybe some sort of medic or really any other support role. I imagine her/him as being young to better reflect my own inexperience. Taking a brief look at the skill system I'm thinking Treatment and maybe Investigation. I'm not expecting anyone to walk me through every part of this game, but some pointers would definitely be appreciated.
@ I don't know Would be EVERY Thursday at 7 PST Thanks for everyone posting their interest, at this point I have far exceeded how many players I need for the game so no new apps to any other potential interested parties, sorry! I'll be PMing those I'd like to talk to a little more before deciding who to add into the game, Sunday will be the last day before the party is finalized.