Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Roll20 Wiki Pages

Giger
Pro
API Scripter
Howdy folks - i've tried using the search tool and reading the wiki but couldn't find my answer. Is there a way to create sub pages on the user talks sections? I'm using it as a wiki for my game rules and other related information, and it now contains quite a bit of information. Formatting obviously helps but even just the contents panel is rather large, and I would prefer separation by page rather than by sections. Is that possible?

Edited 1466007044
Lithl
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Creating subpages on a MediaWiki wiki is simply a matter of adding the subpage name after the main page name and a slash. For example, if you have "User talk:1442670" (the talk page for your wiki account, Lord G), creating the page "User talk:1442670/Game rules debate" would be a subpage of your talk page. Whether subpages produce breadcrumbs at the top of the page ("&lt; User talk:Lord G." at the top of the "Game rules debate" subpage) is a matter of PHP code on the server, but I believe the User Talk namespace is among the namespaces that handle subpages by default. Edit: Yep, User talk namespace has subpages enabled by default:&nbsp; <a href="https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Manual:$wgNamespacesWithSubpages#Default_value" rel="nofollow">https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Manual:$wgNamespacesWithSubpages#Default_value</a> The Template namespace doesn't, which is annoying for me when trying to document templates. I had to do some hacking with the {{documentation subpage}} template code to get it to display properly without {{SUBPAGENAME}} working on a template subpage.
Giger
Pro
API Scripter
You're my hero!! What a very useful and detailed reply, thank you so much.!