Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Another issue - Drag and Drop not working for me

Tried to drag images onto the tabletop, as I used to do lots of times, but all of a sudden it won't work. I also can't drag and drop to the art library from my image program anymore. I get the message that they are over the size limit (they aren't). Regular uploads work fine. I'm guessing I'm being stupid here and can't see the obvious... am I doing something wrong or does anyone else have a similar problem?
What browser are you using?  And what are the file types and sizes you're trying to upload?
Mozilla, jpg and png uploaded by regular upload after trying to drag and drop them including some gifs. Sizes all differed. None was over the 5MB limit.

Edited 1379606438
Gid
Roll20 Team
Out of curiosity, are you trying to upload more than ten images at a time? There's a 5MB limit but also a ten image item limit as well. If you try to upload more then ten images at a time, you'll get the same error that you when trying to upload an image that's too large.
Nope, one by one.
Did you have the same problem with dragging and dropping in any other browsers?

Edited 1379609124
Pat S.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
are the images close to the limit? I've seen people posting similar problems and their image files were close (probably within about .5 megs) to the limit. The only other thing I would suggest and it more work on you is just do the file upload instead of drop and drag unless you want to do a test. The test is opening one of the denied files in your photo program like gimp or photoshop and exporting it which is just rewriting over it. Sometimes those files work fine but they have a bit of corruption that makes stuff work wierd when uploading them.
No, only one over 2 MB. And I did the file upload for some of them. But as I can't drag and drop stuff onto the table anymore that's not much of a help. I changed file formats and exported them before. No change. Also, it would mean all my images are corrupt as it worked with none of them.
Pat S.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
puzzling indeed. sorry that I couldn't help.
Agnes , two things: Have you tried disabling all of your plugins/extensions/toolbars in Firefox?  And have you checked to see if you can upload in any other browsers?
Yes, yes, and I don't use toolbars :-) I can't check in Opera as that's not supported, but it won't work in Chrome either.
Gauss
Forum Champion
Agnes, could you supply a clear example of what you are trying to drag, from where, and to where? So that I can try to reproduce this please be as specific as possible (perhaps use screenshots for clarity).&nbsp; Additionally, could you please email me an example of a file that does not work? <a href="mailto:Gauss_Death1@msn.com" rel="nofollow">Gauss_Death1@msn.com</a> - Gauss
ANY image I'm uploading can't be dragged onto the table. And they all have to be uploaded to the image library instead of dragged from my image program. I could mail you my whole 5000+ image collection, it makes no difference which one.&nbsp; It will select the image from the library and give me the option to add tags or delete. Trying to drag it to the table just results in nothing happening, no idea how to screenshot "nothing." :-)&nbsp; I've tried from my husband's computer, same thing. Could it be that there is an issue with permissions? But I suppose it wouldn't let me upload then.
Gauss
Forum Champion
Agnes, could you please go to&nbsp; <a href="https://app.roll20.net/account" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/account</a> and tell me what your Storage Quota is at? It is on the right hand side about halfway down the page. I am wondering if you are maxed out.&nbsp; - Gauss
8MB / 100MB
Gauss
Forum Champion
Well shoot. Ok. Please send me a join link to your campaign. I want to make sure it isn't broken in some way.&nbsp; - Gauss
It's the same for both campaigns. Invite sent.
Gauss
Forum Champion
Please promote me to GM - Gauss
The dragging images to the program is a PSP problem it seems. It woks from desktop fine. The problem with the tabletop was just me looking in the wrong place. Thanks for the help.
Gauss
Forum Champion
Let us know if you have any further issues.&nbsp; - Gauss