Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

[Script] Status FX

Edited 1467139877
Ada L.
Marketplace Creator
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Ever wanted to have special effects play for your status effects? For example, making green bubbles for a poisoned character's token or dark clouds for a blinded character's token? The Status FX script will let you do just that!  Using the One-Click user configs, you can assign the name of a built-in or custom FX to a status marker. When these status markers are active on a token, it will cycle through each one and play a special FX on the token. This also supports custom status markers created with the Custom Status Markers script (v2.0). This looks best with custom FX that have a short range, short duration, and small size. Now available from One-Click!
Nothing short of amazing Stephen. I will try it out this weekend.
If it doesn't already, you should add a random vector option to help keep multiple tokens with effects going from looking the same.

Edited 1466192280
Ada L.
Marketplace Creator
Sheet Author
API Scripter
SkyCaptainXIII said: If it doesn't already, you should add a random vector option to help keep multiple tokens with effects going from looking the same. Good suggestion. I'll see if I can sneak that in before 1.0 is merged in. Edit: This is implemented now. You can specify an effect to use a random vector using "[random]" instead of "[X, Y]".
Beautiful, just beautiful! Exactly what I was looking for!
Worked like a charm. Thanks a lot.
Ada L.
Marketplace Creator
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Np, always happy to make fun new scripts for the community! :)
Kirsty
Pro
Sheet Author
This is so cool! I can't wait to try it out in my game tonight!
Is there a way to tell it how often to play the fx? Random for that would be nice too.
Ada L.
Marketplace Creator
Sheet Author
API Scripter
SkyCaptainXIII said: Is there a way to tell it how often to play the fx? Random for that would be nice too. No, it cycles through the FX for all the tokens on a 1-second interval.