Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

[LFP][Fri 7PM PST]The Regiment: Wehrmacht

Edited 1466378285
Baron Von Cross
Sheet Author
Hello! Lately been playing a ludicrous amount of Hearts of Iron IV since its release & since then I've had a penchant for anything WWII related. So I decided I wanted to run a game of The Regiment which is based on the Apocalypse System for anyone familiar with it. The playbooks for The Regiment are: Soldier, Officer, Medic, Sergeant, Commando, Sniper, & Operator. This will be high narrative game as opposed to intricate stat-based combat. No previous experience necessary as long as you're a quick learner.  The game will have 5 players total, 2 spots are already filled.  First game is set for July 8th.  The entirety of this campaign is expected to take from 5-8 sessions at 2-4 hours each. The group will be part of the German Regular army in the Eastern Front, as such this will be an 18+ game so I ask everyone playing to be mature about the the themes relative to the context. Requirements: Skype & Discord Audible Mic & Quiet Room Love for history Feel free to ask if you any questions whatsover. If you're interested, post the following below: ~Personal~ Age: Little about yourself: ~Character~ Name: Age: Preferred Playbook: Brief Background:

Edited 1466393847
~Personal~ Age: 29 Little about yourself: I am on the Eastern Coast, currently attending college classes in the fall. I am going for History Education, grades 5-12 so this is right up my alley. Admittedly my focus is on the interactions leading to and following the Civil War, but I'm a history buff regardless. I am a former Marine with a deployment under my belt so you can guarantee maturity on the subject. The only thing I'd ask for is the campaign to be in a non-SS unit. ~Character~ Name: Friedrich Ludwig Age: 23ish? Preferred Playbook: Undecided, need to read the rules more. Honestly I'm more than happy to be a gap-filler according to the party's needs. Brief Background: See above.
@AurumDude, don't worry, as I said in the post, its Regular German Army, not SS. It was never my intention to run that sort of game.
Oh, my apologies - I didn't see the Regular part, just the Wermacht in the title. Works for me! I rather like the system at first glance, basic enough for a good narrative. Have you decided what part of the eastern front you were using?
Army Group North, would like to hold back on anything more specific than that.
Works for me. Looking forward to playing with you all!
Hello, I'd probably be interested. ~Personal~ Age: 21 Little about yourself: I'm a college student that is a massive fan of history (and especially world war 2) that likes playing war games etc. ~Character~ Name: Johann Krüger Age: 22 Preferred Playbook: Sniper Brief Background: A graduate of a sharpshooting academy, transferred to the eastern front as part of response to soviet snipers.
Again, you have to be in it to win it. ~Personal~ Age: Nineteen Little about yourself: (You already know) ~Character~ Name: Erwin Schäfer Age: Twenty-Five Preferred Playbook: Medic Brief Background: Been with Army Group North since the invasion of Poland, joined the Heer  almost as soon as he could. Used to be outspoken and idealistic, but his years with the military and what he's experienced have disillusioned him somewhat, and he's become quieter and more soft-spoken since then. Born in Bonn, from an upper class background.

Edited 1469239509
~Personal~ Age: 16 Little about yourself: Just a student who loves to play games ~Character~ Name: Eden Age: 19 Preferred Playbook: Medic Brief Background: Joined the millitary to help pay his way through college and is usually quiet and very focused on the task at hand but can space out accidentaly