Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Journal/Character question

Having some trouble figuring out exactly what I need to do to be able to enter "Attributes" and "Abilities" to the characters in the campaign I am currently setting up. The Help documents show them appearing in the lower left of the character's page, (#5 and #7 in the associated screenie) but that space continues to be empty for me, regardless of who has permission to view or control the character in question. Help?
You have to be a mentor and be in a campaign on the dev server.
I see. For clarification, if I, the GM, upgrade to Mentor status, would I be able to move/rebuild my campaign on the dev server and still retain my current players? Are these features something that will eventually roll onto the free and/or non-dev servers?
Might also be prudent to mention in the help files that certain options are only available at specific support levels.
You can copy your campaign from the normal server to the development server easily. There's a button that says "copy from production" and does just that. You do have to re-invite your players to the new campaign, however. I'm not a mod or developer, but I *think* they plan to roll that out to the production server eventually. I haven't heard anything about how soon, though.
Might also be prudent to mention in the help files that certain options are only available at specific support levels. I have to agree. The help files aren't really useful when they tell you to use options that aren't actually available. The (unavailable) option to link tokens to characters in the journal had me pretty confused for a while.
Gid
Roll20 Team
Sorry about the confusion, guys! We're doing a MAJOR help document revamp this weekend. There's a content update coming out very soon, which will make that help document in particular make a lot more sense.
Might also be prudent to mention in the help files that certain options are only available at specific support levels. Just to followup, we only just put that help article up a couple of days ago, we typically don't put out help docs until a feature is available beyond the Dev Server (which this one isn't, currently) to avoid confusion just like this. So, our apologies for that, we'll add a notice for now that this is only on Dev, but hopefully we'll be taking it down soon :-)
Thanks for all the responses, folks! Your work is certainly worth the cost of a subscription, so that'll end up making the point rather moot anyhows :D