Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Turn off video and sound

Phil
KS Backer
I can't seem to find away to turn off the sound / video. I can mute the outgoing sound, however I can't stop incoming sound or turn the video off.
Check under the "Settings" tab (it has a little gear icon) on the bar that you pick from Chat, Art Library, etc. Toward the bottom, you can choose what you want to receive/broadcast.
Phil
KS Backer
Thanks Riley, I was looking from the options when you hover over the video frames, would it be useful to have it there too?
Unfortunately we can't customize the settings inside of that, as it's a Flash object that's provided by TokBox (our video/voice chat provider).
Phil
KS Backer
OK, would it be better for you, or me (us?) to raise the point with Tokbox?
I doubt that's something they'd look into implementing since the whole point of their service is to provide video and voice chat. So when you select not to use it we basically turn off Tokbox. So they probably aren't going to add an option inside their widget to turn off their widget :-). I was just letting you know that's why we had to put it in the Settings tab instead of in the video widget itself.
Phil
KS Backer
Fair one :)