Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

[Script] Exalted successes

Edited 1376943994
Lithl
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
roll20 has both success reporting and exploding dice, but it doesn't have support for "some successes are more successful than others." In Exalted, 7+ is a success, but a 10 is 2 successes. Over here , kawaiiwolf posted a means to do it via the rollable tables, but I figured I'd create a script for it all the same. As it stands, the script simply reports the results of any /r or inline rolls as a new chat message. If the roll contained no successes but it did contain one or more 1s, it reports the number of botches. This script does not currently account for Sidereal Astrology modifying the target number of a roll. Be wary of editing this; calling sendChat does trigger another chat:message event, and while creating this script I did get my testing campaign stuck in an infinite loop posting 'Failure' over and over, and I also locked up my browser. I couldn't continue development until I cleared the chat history from the campaign's info page, even with the script disabled. The script is currently functional and safe, but just be aware of the dangers that come with changing it. <a href="https://gist.github.com/Lithl/6273592" rel="nofollow">https://gist.github.com/Lithl/6273592</a>
How does one roll damage?
Lithl
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Good point. There's no particular means to do it except subtract the number of tens from the successes manually. I've got a rather busy week, but I'll come back to this script soon and improve it.
Your notation on using tables worked well, I just made two tables, one for exalted, one for damage
Although it probably would have looked better if it did not look like I botched that one. I just left the botch in there for when I use the table to roll for mortals and non magical peoples.