Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

It Has Arrived!!!

Edited 1467454352
Rog
Marketplace Creator
At long last!!! The Time has Come!!! I'm extremely proud to present: TRAILER ...After almost 2 years of lovingly hand crafting my next submission: Lands of Belfum!!! (link) This is a campaign module that uses the Pathfinder System. Campaign Features: An Open World Sandbox with Hamlets, Villages, Towns, Cities laid out and ready to go! 118 Superbly Detailed and Beautiful Maps 7 Exciting and Dangerous Quests 100+ Monsters and 300+ Npcs each one with Ability, Skill, Attack, and Save rolls set up as Token Actions (As well as some additional special macros like Loot, Death, ect.) + Hundreds of extra background tokens. Hundreds of Journal Entries A bunch of Easter Eggs... 9 Original Background Themes from Rogue Legacy Composer: Judson Cowan Downloadable PDF Instruction Booklet And 11 Pre-Generated Level 1 Player Characters for quickstart What this is: LoB is an incredible tool set that empowers the GM to run Pathfinder, for either a quick handful of quests, or for an on-going campaign. Each town includes npcs placed throughout, each one has a set up health bar, name, and is attached to a Journal Entry that includes its statblock and has complete set-up Token Actions. So if your Rogue wants to pickpocket a bystander, all you have to do is click on the token, and click on the Perception button and BAM the Rogue is busted! (Well hopefully not). If your Barbarian loses their mind and attacks the shopkeep with their axe, they can just click on the attack button, target the npc, and SLASH the Barb makes their attack roll and it is displayed against the target ac, as well as dat damage roll! There is a small quest-chain that takes you through all kinds of dungeons and encounters to introduce players to the world. When your players have finished the quest line, then there is a full map page of monsters for you to keep playing if you so desire! It also includes 9 original songs made by Rogue Legacy Composer: Judson Cowen. Includes Town Music, Battle Music, Dungeon Music, and all in that classic Late SNES/ Early PS1 era style to add that nostalgic feel! Streamers: You have my expressed permission to use this module on streams, and more importantly, you have my permission to use the music. Let me know if there are any problems but you have my permission right here. So please let me know if you have any questions! If you would like to commission your own character's token you can message me here or contact me at any of the following: Twitter I tweet. Forum (If you would like to meet with me and other GMs as well as find out first about upcoming additional content) Skype: landsofbelfum So that's it! If you have any questions please don't hesitate to ask! The Land is yours! PLUS: Here are some free hero tokens! Enjoy!  
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
That is very cool Rog!  I'm having a 16-bit RPG flashback. Where's my  Jolt  cola?  ;-P
Rog
Marketplace Creator
Vince said: That is very cool Rog!  I'm having a 16-bit RPG flashback. Where's my  Jolt  cola?  ;-P LOL thanks Vince! The one I had back then was Surge!

Edited 1467493839
Gold
Forum Champion
Congratulations, and thank you to the producer and contributing creators of this. The  trailer on youtube is lovely . Lands of Belfum looks worlds above the earlier Heroes Of Belfum module in Roll20, though it would be compatible. This instantly looks like one of the best modules in Roll20 to start playing. The amount of features built-in to this (quantity of maps, quests, monsters, journals, macro buttons, tokens, and even jukebox sound files), is the most I've seen on any one digital adventure module to-date, making this a very impressive offering. The full page of monsters for after-quest replayability is a generous addition. That bonus alone could help a lot of GM's start a campaign or spin-off continuing adventures. Personally I love the video-game perspective art style, and find the characters + monster tokens would work on isometric, bird's eye / zelda perspective, or sidescroller maps if the GM adds more pages of our own (as if the included 100+ maps aren't enough).   Looking forward to seeing some live-streams, external journals, and forum tales of people playing  Lands of Belfum for years to come.
I don't know how these Roll20 modules work exactly... Is it possible to edit the module, once purchased? The reason I ask, I personally play Basic D&D, not Pathfinder. So I would want to be able to modify components to be more compatible to my own system of choice.

Edited 1467524104
Gold
Forum Champion
Brett, I've already started a New Game of "Lands Of Belfum" just today, and testing. It is indeed editable, and wouldn't be very hard to use for Basic D&D. I recommend this one to you. Working on my review, and possibly boil this down into a conversion guide for my game system of choice (AD&D). Let me shortcut and say right up-front, the biggest element we would lose from what's built-into the module is the Token Action macros (which are programmed attack, spell, and feat buttons, on each Token). Some of these are Pathfinder specific (and you would convert, remove, or ignore). Others are useful anyway (such as a treasure chest that GM can press the "Loot" Token Action when the players find it, and it prints the coins & gems into the chat). The way these Token Action macros are attached to the Token is by Represents Character setting, so if you wanted to hide or disable them all, you would edit each token and remove Represents Character, or edit each Character and remove the Abilities under the Attributes & Abilities tab.  (Or, you would convert every macro into your game system's mechanics). Although these token action macros are lovely and some wouldn't be used outside Pathfinder games, there remains much more of the content of this module that any fantasy RPG game can use anyway. The module would give you as DM of Basic D&D, a huge leg-up and head start on creating-running an extensive D&D campaign. For starters there are tons of maps (Roll20 Pages): outdoors, wilderness, caves, dungeons, tavern, tower, more. Those are universally useful, system agnostic, map art that is already set-up as Pages, and there are around 100 of them (!). If you like the consistent perspective art-style (reminds me of early Zelda games), the quantity of maps in this is very valuable along with the included tokens that work on this kind of map. Easily enough playable maps to run an entire, long campaign. There are a few hidden notes on the GM Layer advising how traps and encounters might work (easy to convert on-the-fly to fit your game system, or ignore if you're making your own quest on the existing maps). On the maps are often monster tokens, and sometimes each token has its own name: For example a room with 10 kobolds has different funny kobold names on each one! It's a laugh and works for Any RPG! There are tokens, for Characters, NPC's, and Monsters (dozens of them). The Characters have names.  The monsters have Nameplate (hidden from players) and Hit Points on red bar (hidden from players), so players just see the monster-art. Thus you can easily change the HP to D&D, or keep the HP as it is, or just ignore the HP bar since it's hidden anyway. The only other token-change is as-mentioned above (remove the Represents Character, or keep it and edit the associated Character to match your system).  The Characters do NOT use the Pathfinder Character Sheet tab , instead the monster stat-blocks are written as plain text on the Bio Tab (and the aforementioned reliance on Token Actions often for specific mechanics and abilities). This is relatively easy to edit and convert to Any D&D, either on-the-fly if you're good, or taking the time to go through the entire Bestiary and re-write each monster.  Again, the good news is, it's plain text on the Bio Tab so you do not need to go field-by-field on a Character Sheet, and if you want to use the Character Sheet from a different game (D&D) you could easily do that. (Again the one thing that could break if you do this is, the built-in Token Actions. If you don't plan to use those, or if you take time to convert them to your system, it's no problem.) Most of the monsters here are known to other versions of D&D anyway. The few that are newer, you can creatively port over to your system. Conveniently this module provides a bonus Page that has all of the monster tokens. This feature alone would be very helpful for a Basic D&D set-up. Likewise the Player-Characters, here they already have awesome tokens and fitting names. Sure they have Pathfinder class and Token Actions, these are easy parts to delete and roll character-creation for any other game system. No one minds converting or erasing-and-rewriting a PC. That's the fun part at the start of the game, and is not a mass-undertaking of GM prep. Converting all the monsters would be a bigger prep time, and converting all the Token Actions would be quite significant work for a GM deciding to do that, but converting or re-fashioning the actual starring PC's is a party accomplishment that should go down easy. There is a PDF guide which tells about the world, setting, and quests (apart from the small notes on the GM Layer of individual quest map pages). This PDF is also mostly compatible with any Fantasy RPG, and can be used as the storyline, or completely set-aside if you are just raiding this module for maps and monsters, and making your own adventures. A lot of Players are going to be blown-away when the GM starts moving the Players Ribbon to various maps, and it all has a consistent art-style that feels like a whole wide world from a video game.
Rog
Marketplace Creator
Brett E. said: I don't know how these Roll20 modules work exactly... Is it possible to edit the module, once purchased? The reason I ask, I personally play Basic D&D, not Pathfinder. So I would want to be able to modify components to be more compatible to my own system of choice. You certainly can do that! All of the statblocks and journals are made for Pathfinder but there's nothing to say you can't just use your preferred system and use the tokens and maps!
Rog
Marketplace Creator
And Gold... your review is making me tear up seriously. It means alot!
I have had the honor and privilege to be one of the first play-testers for this module. I have seen its art style change and grow and every time it changed, I could only see how much more amazing it looked. I can honestly say that this will forever be one of the best modules I could ever play on. Just seeing his work on the individual npc tokens alone is enough to make you stare in amazement. The monsters are all amazing. They range from downright cute, to absolutely terrifying (cough, cough, Froghemoth, cough, cough). I can't say much more seeing as Gold says everything I could say and more, but this has been an amazing ride so far, and I can only hope fore more to come.

Edited 1467526834
Matt
Plus
Having also playtested this game, I can attest that it is utterly fantastic. Your players will be consistently blown away by the exquisite artwork, and the setup makes it simple for even beginning Pathfinder players to get a sense of what's going on. I'm mostly a 4e man myself, but this absurdly phenomenal module made me excited to play Pathfinder week after week after week, and your players will feel the same way, no matter what their experience level.
Thanks everyone for the input, and especially Gold for enlightening me on what is possible regarding conversion to other game systems. I'm convinced, I will purchase this module. Considering the sheer amount of content you get, the asking price is a bargain that I cannot pass up. Heck, I'll spend more than that just on beer this holiday weekend.

Edited 1468354751
PrincessFairy
Pro
Marketplace Creator
I am just baffled in amazement. This couldn't have gone any better. Look forward to playing a round or two in this beautiful crafted world. Great Job