Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

My Flames of War game Progress, such as it is....... :)

Spent the night and a bit of the morning seeing what I could do here, as you can see below. Overall of a Battle on the steppes of Mother Russia in WW II, did'nt get the terrain placed as of yet though in my test game here. And a bit closer, on the upper German side German center German lower flank Then the Russians top right Russian Center Russian lower Flank Cheers Tom

Edited 1380717458
Tom
Pro
And a bit more refined from the last update Some place in Normandy, Meeting engagement by 2 Tank Companies. German upper Left, with various game tokens ready to be used next to the 1st Panzer IV Platoon. German center with their HQ and one of the Panzer IV Platoon's And on the lower left another Panzer IV Platoon guarding a their Objective The the US side (Upper Right), tokens and a Platoon of Sherman 76mm Tanks going for an objective. And in the US Center Right we have their HQ and a platoon of Sherman 75mm Tanks, guarding their objective. And Finally on the lower right, another Platoon of Sherman 75mm Tanks get ready to move out. Still trying to figure out the ranges, 65 by 62 square map, so for now I just cut all movement and shooting ranges in half. Regular tank movement is/was 12 inchs (squares) so now in a Roll20 game I reduced it to 6 square (inch) movement. Basic range of many tanks is 32 inchs (squares) so That I cut down to 16 squares (inchs) Cheers, hope to get a test game in when one of my FoW bud's may register onto Roll20 and be my test opponent in this very basic but critical "how it all works out" game this weekend, hopefully. Tom
Tom - that looks great! Good luck on the test.

Edited 1380780825
Gauss
Forum Champion
Very nice. A couple of questions: I assume you need the grid for snapping purposes, but do you need it for visual purposes as well? Are the rules (legally) free somewhere? If so, where? :) - Gauss

Edited 1380818543
Tom
Pro
Thanks guys There are the basic "how to" for Flames of war on youtube from Battlefront Here is their intro to the game below <a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FNobPc1NbUY" rel="nofollow">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FNobPc1NbUY</a> All the basics are covered (in the youtube series) and on their web site there are some free stuff to get one started, but the cool battle book type Company lists are in the books they sell only. AND I beleave you have to be registered to get access to them, there are some floating around on the net though to download as well. For the test game above all one really needs to know is these two below <a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q7ofHLE0swQ" rel="nofollow">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q7ofHLE0swQ</a> Tanks shooting. <a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E_-eo2zHOjM" rel="nofollow">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E_-eo2zHOjM</a> Tanks moving The grids are not really needed but I'm still trying to see what the ranges should be compared to a real table game of this, so it is a simpler way to have them so it is more understood what is going on with movement and shooting ranges. FoW is actually pretty big in WW II tabletop gaming at this time still, so if this gets noticed a bit then I hope more gamers may come on here to play at some point. Cheers, any thoughts to where I can/should post up all the youtube vids on this subject, don't wanna bore anyone here not interested in this forum......... LOL Once you add in Infrantry, Arty and air support it becomes a tad more complicated, but doable after a few games under the belt. Tom
This is very ambitious, way too ambitious for me, congrats on your time involved, energy and dedication in bringing this here. I've played the tabletop game, and can't stand the arguments players get into over rules.

Edited 1381064087
Tom
Pro
Thanks James, ya I started when it was just the V1 rules and the few books of Mid-War when that was about all there was. Played many a game at the local hobby store, god, what is it, about 10 years off and on. Played and ran a few local tourneys as well to, so I know about certain gamers arguing points, good and bad, LOL IF you happen to be bored this Monday, look me up here or post/PM and we can give the small tank Co on tank Co a whirl to see how it all works. Cheers. I'd ask for today but I got my regular group I GM for Pathfinder, then my other test game, Dungeon Command that is right after that. Tom
So I got a very smal test session in today, moved and battled my Pz IV platoon against a 76mm Sherman one for a bit and went over a few basics of the game, thanks BILL!!! And I should have a new player registering here shortly as well, as he is in the same boat as I am!! Hey Pat!!! Cheers Tom
Ok; got registered here Tom. Pat
Hey Pat Glad you made it, I'll PM you the link so then you just click on it and that will take you to our game. Cheers Tom
Two more new soon to be registered R20 Flames of War gamer recruits added to the game. Cheers, making a bit more progress here!! Ha Ha Tom
Got a bit more done in getting all the nation rules and a few specific nation Companies to pick from 4 players at the moment and 2 more who hav'nt quite made it to register yet, but sooner or later they should show up!! A few of the threads I have been working on since last night Had to start with this naturally, love the armour!! What it costs and how many per Platoon. And a tad better battlefield to play around with Cheers Tom
Hi Tom. Finally got here, your link did not work by the way. Visual only at the moment, have not sorted sound out yet. I have to say this looks impressive. We have just finished BST and gone back to GMT here again so no idea what the time difference is at the moment. Anyway I have quite a bit to sort out so will talk to you soon. Cheers, Frank
SWEET You made it over, just got done with another good session in my Runelord game. The new players are working out very well I have to say, thanks guys if you are reading this!! I'll resend the link to the game bud on a PM here, then E you so we can get started in really nailing this down. Cheers, glad you made it over and we will fight it out soon, My Panthers VS your British Fireflies I beleave, :) Tom