Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
×

iOS chrome: NoMethodError: undefined method `split' for nil:NilClass

Chrome for iOS7 on an iPad has the following error: NoMethodError: undefined method `split' for nil:NilClass However, if I spoof the UserAgent by choosing Request Desktop Site, then it works (well, except the nice touch UI as expected) Safari on iOS works great. Just wondering what technically it is that makes Chrome for iOS not work, but Safari on iOS does, given that they are both powered by WebKit? Curious so I know what to avoid in my own web apps. Thanks!
1380057893
Gauss
Forum Champion
Here is the wiki on Mobile Tablet Support: <a href="https://wiki.roll20.net/Mobile_Tablet_Support" rel="nofollow">https://wiki.roll20.net/Mobile_Tablet_Support</a> In short, we do not support Chrome on Apple devices. - Gauss
My question is: Technically what is the issue? Also, the link you gave me says nothing about Chrome support on iOS. However other forum posts show that other users had similar issues with Chrome on iOS.
1380077586

Edited 1380077709
Gauss
Forum Champion
The link I gave stated that we only support Safari on iOS. Sorry if that wasn't clear. :) As for what the tech issue is, I am just a Moderator and not a Developer so I cannot give an answer there. But, since this is not a bug, I suggest you post your question in the Mentor forum where you should get a response from the Devs. - Gauss