Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Repeating button not the full width of the container div...

Edited 1467905409
So, I'm working on this sheet and would like to create a grid of buttons using repeating fieldsets, but when I click the modify button... the handles to move or delete the button all stack up at the top. Ideally, the user would be able to click Modify and then rearrange the buttons as desired, deleting them if needed. Is this a limitation of the repeating items on character sheets or is there some css/html I can use to hack around this problem?
Guess I'm just going to have to go with fixed numbers of buttons and put some kind of tabbing down at the bottom. Eighty buttons on four tabs should be plenty.
Lithl
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
There is a limitation with repeating sections in that their HTML structure is fixed. CSS can dramatically change what the displayed result is, but any layout other than 1 repeating item = 1 row can get wonky, especially when it comes to the item reordering handle. I've noticed that repeating sections in editmode also play poorly with display:table and friends, although it works perfectly outside editmode.
Yeah... doesn't look like my icon idea is going to work either. Was hoping to be able to specify images for a select dropdown menu instead of text, but nothing has worked yet.
Lithl
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
There is no way to use images in a select dropdown. You can mimic the select dropdown's interface with creative use of invisible checkboxes and such, but it's not a perfect solution. I think the Firefly sheet does something like this to select die sizes, IIRC. Sheet workers might also give you some more options.
That's a lot of css/html just for a dropdown image menu. Bleh.
I must say, SC, I love the look and layout of your sheet.  Will this be released for public consumption in the future?  I like the shaped sheet and others, but this one is clean and concise.  Thanks!
Craig L. said: I must say, SC, I love the look and layout of your sheet.  Will this be released for public consumption in the future?  I like the shaped sheet and others, but this one is clean and concise.  Thanks! Thanks. I'll probably throw it up as a gist somewhere. The macro buttons idea isn't working like I want it to however... so I may have to scrap it and just go with something similar to what the OGL and Shaped sheets have in regards to attacks and spells. Here's a rough idea of what I am trying to do, but failing at. I'd like for users to be able to drop in an url in the macro settings or pick from a pre-defined list to set the image on the button, but it's beyond me at the moment.
And here's what the roll template looks like: