Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Macro repeating weirdness with @{Selected}

I thought I had a good grip on the {Selected} and macros but I created this macro: (using Chrome on Windows and the same thing happens on iOS 7) /em Fire Beetle attacks @{Selected|Character_name} /r 1d20 + 2 vs. AC @{Selected|AC} /r 1d4 Piercing Damage When I have a token that is linked to a character sheet this is what I get (Line breaks cleaned up): Perry T. (GM) Fire Beetle attacks /em Fire Beetle attacks Dragon Wyrmling Perry T. (GM): rolling 1d20 + 2 vs. AC 17 (13)+2 = 15 rolling 1d4 Piercing Damage (4) = 4 rolling 1d20 + 2 vs. AC /em Fire Beetle attacks Dragon Wyrmling (16)+2 = 18 rolling 1d20 + 2 vs. AC 17 (17)+2 = 19 rolling 1d4 Piercing Damage (3) = 3 rolling 1d4 Piercing Damage (2) = 2 The values it's pulling are correct based on the selected token but why is it repeating in such a weird way?
Hmmm...is this just all in one single macro? Or is it a combination of several macros/abilities? I just pasted it into a single macro and it seemed to work fine.
No, that's it exactly as I have it in the character sheet; and I'm sure i'm only clicking to run the macro one time. If I remove the {Selected} tags it runs fine; but when I add even one of them in I get strange results.
So it's a Character ability, then? And you're testing it by clicking on the little roll icon next to the ability on the Character sheet?
yes, it's stored as a character ability. I've used the little roll icon on the sheet and I also get the same results when I show the macro in the quick bar and use it from there with the character sheet closed. I just created the same macro in the settings /macro area and it works perfectly there when I use Test Macro; or when I assign it to the bar
Okay, I'm able to reproduce it. One moment.
Okay, should be fixed. Reload and try again.
Works great! thanks for the stomping :)
Yay! Thanks Riley! Enjoy your game!