Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

Character Packs - (Faster & Interchangeable Tokens)

Currently, yew have to copy and paste tokens, or even in some cases remake them. This is not much of a hassle, but If we linked them to the character sheet more effectively we could have more options and remove this issue. The main idea being Tokens that appear as the map changes page to page with a "appear" and "remove" option. Going from LEFT to RIGHT in the highlights in the Attached Image, I have detailed my idea of how to make individual tokens available to each character sheet. 1. Since we have avatars and tokens that are only linked by the character sheet, it brings to mind whether we need a "Token Image". Should the avatar take many faces OR should there be token image displayed somewhere near by? Either case, add somewhere to manage tokens. (Patric C. -below- mentioned something about a "Portrait"?) Which leads to. 2. The "Button" for multiple customizable tokens for common every game longterm actions. Such as Mounted/Riding, Sleep, Fight, KO, sitting, climbing, and/or stances like hanging around. This could also be a drop menu somewhere on the character sheet, but thought it could be its own window with a quick button. (if its even needed...theres plenty of scroll room on the character sheet as there is) 3. Sneaks by 4. for a second to display quick "on/off buttons" in the characters list, right next to the already there blue dot. The default being OFF, but this allows the tokens to appear quickly with all the data (hp tracking and so forth) without having to link multiple tokens per map. ----3.1 On a side note, on/off could extend down to hand outs (and any future sections possibly added in the future), making players all view access easier then it already is. -------3.1.1 Maybe a toggle switch for on/off somewhere for each "section" in the journal tab. I thought to add this because it could lead to accidental reveals, personally finding it important to keep handouts hidden. This default set to OFF. 4. "Recalls" all tokens by "Clearing" back to the Default setting (OFF), and if double default occurs, marks all tokens to SHOW (or ON). (meaning player tokens get removed/added but all data stays current on the character sheet) just a rough layout, but yew get the idea. The token stays in the ready on the character sheet and theres no more updating everyones token per map.
1. The "Token Image" is in question of: Should the avatar take many faces OR should there be token image somewhere near by? Cycotix, I'm not sure of what you mean. I place there character portraits, not tokens.
Currently im saying there is "avatars" and "tokens", the character sheet is the only thing that links them together. So if yer token image is still different from yer avatar image, then the "Token Image" would be represented by the 1.) red box (or where ever the team decided).
im not on the dev server so i dunno if this is being worked on already in some way?
2. The "Button" for multiple customizable tokens for common every game longterm actions. Such as Sleep, Fight, KO, sitting, climbing, and/or stances like hanging around. This could also be a drop menu somewhere on the character sheet, but thought it could be its own window with a quick button. This sounds to me like the announced multi-sided tokens, but AFAIK this feature isn't related to character sheets. im not on the dev server so i dunno if this is being worked on already in some way? I haven't seen anything along these lines, but most of the time the devs are only talking about what they are currently working on.
tossed this together to kinda show what i was talking about.
That would be very interesting. I would mostly use mounted and unmounted (maybe some more for the main characters), but it would be nice. Still no news about a portrait feature? That would be quite fitting to have the possibility to make a "character pack" with a portrait and a few tokens. <a href="http://community.roll20.net/discussion/1481/token-portraits#Item_28" rel="nofollow">http://community.roll20.net/discussion/1481/token-portraits#Item_28</a> Has it reached the development cycle?
Right! thats what im getting at, a "Character Pack" is the perfect name for this... it even suggests the idea of ability to transfer yer character from 1 campaign to another quickly. took the time to further edit the initial post.