Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

[LFP] [Dungeon Crawl Classics One Shot] The Depths Beneath Scarlet Bay (Saturday Afternoon CST)

You're no hero. You're an adventurer: a reaver, a cutpurse, a heathen-slayer, a tight-lipped warlock guarding long-dead secrets. You seek gold and glory, and you aren't going to let yourself die a petty criminal. - Modified Quote from the Core Book The city of Scarlet Bay was once a thriving metropolis. It's location on the ocean made the city a hub for trade and industry. Now however, the city has fallen on hard times. A monstrous beast in the sea has made ship travel to and from Scarlet Bay exceptionally dangerous and difficult in recent years. Crime is at an all-time high with organized gangs waring against each other within the city walls. Jobs are drying up and the homeless population of the city is growing. Amid this societal decay twentyeight thousand people attempt to eke out some semblance of a happy life, few succeed. Scarlet Bay is the seat of Duke George Isbond X's duchy. The city is located on the ocean and was once a key trading port. Over the course of the last century, due to a monster taking up refuge in the bay, the city has lost most if not all of its trade. While plenty of ships get by the monster just fine, many of the merchant houses from other continents have decided that Scarlet Bay is too much of a risk to their bottom line. As such the city relies on smugglers and traders from the south to get choice goods from the merchant houses. They say only the desperate and guilty descend into the depths beneath Scarlet Bay. As is a long held tradition in the Bay all who are accused of a crime are offered a choice: descend into the depths and let the Gods decide your guilt or face a jury of your peers. You chose the former. Nobody truly knows where the dungeon beneath the city came from, it has been there for as long as the city has existed. They say that the Gods themselves placed it there.  This is your story. Will you perish in the depths beneath the bay? Or will you prove your innocence? Will you gain glory and gold or pain and death? [Additional Information] Alright, hopefully that overly dramatic campaign text didn't scare you off. My name is Drew, and I've been working on this One Shot for Dungeon Crawl Classics. It'll be my first time running the system. I am a semi-experienced GM and am looking for some players to help fill out the game. This adventure will start at Level 0 and be using the "Funnel" system recommended in the core book. I'm recommending players to choose a primary character to be their voice during Roleplay moments. I'm also recommending you make up to four characters as backups. You can create fewer if you want though. As I am new to the system, new-comers are of course welcome. I can help teach you. The game will be this coming Saturday (July 16th) at 5cst. For just a tiny bit more information about me, I am Drew. I've been running games for two years now. I'm twenty years old. Looking forward to hearing back from you if you're interested in this game! [How to Apply] Respond to this post and tell me why you're interested in the game, maybe a bit about yourself too. If you seem like a good fit then I'll PM you my Skype, we'll chat and I'll add you to the group. Thanks for reading through the post, I look forward to hearing from you.

Edited 1468362950
Current Players: Sebastien Jon
Bump