Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Grouping tokens and keeping tokens infos

tontione
Pro
Sheet Author
Hi all, this is my first post on roll20 forum, and i just want to say i find it awesome ! I would like to group some tokens and keeping the use of tokens infos : tab, circles, etc. But it seems to be inactive with grouped tokens. The reason why i'm trying to do this is that my PJ are Knights (Pendragon RPG), so often on horses, but sometimes by foot. So i have a generic token for the knight, and i would like to put it on a horse token, and move them together as the pj is riding the horse.. It works, but without the tokens info (bars, etc). Is it possible to keep the display of this useful informations ? Or is it possible to think about it for a next improvment ? i think it would be useful for all vehicles : cars, boats, etc. Anyway thanks a lot for this great tool !
You can have multiple tokens link to the same character sheet. One workaround for what you're asking for is to have 2 tokens for the knights - one of them alone, and one of them on the horse. When they mount up, you could manually change the "alone" token to the GM layer, and bring the "mounted" token from the GM layer to the token layer.

Edited 1380228699
Gauss
Forum Champion
Regarding grouping tokens: 1) You do not need to group tokens to move them together. Highlight (or Shift+Click) the tokens you want to move together and then click the group and move them together. 2) If you do want to group them (via right click->advanced->group) you can move them together by double clicking on the group. Single clicking moves only the one token. 3) If you want to access the grouped tokens bubbles, etc you can hold down the Alt key while clicking on it. That will bring the information up (will temporarily treat the token as if it were separate). Note: all of my directions assume the group is not already selected. You mentioned that it is not displaying bars (not bubbles) while grouped. It should be doing this. If it is not please let me know so I can troubleshoot it. If you would like to make a suggestion about possible improvements please post that in the suggestion forum. If you need further help please let me know. - Gauss
tontione
Pro
Sheet Author
Gauss said: Regarding grouping tokens: 1) You do not need to group tokens to move them together. Highlight (or Shift+Click) the tokens you want to move together and then click the group and move them together. 2) If you do want to group them (via right click->advanced->group) you can move them together by double clicking on the group. Single clicking moves only the one token. 3) If you want to access the grouped tokens bubbles, etc you can hold down the Alt key while clicking on it. That will bring the information up (will temporarily treat the token as if it were separate). Note: all of my directions assume the group is not already selected. You mentioned that it is not displaying bars (not bubbles) while grouped. It should be doing this. If it is not please let me know so I can troubleshoot it. If you would like to make a suggestion about possible improvements please post that in the suggestion forum. If you need further help please let me know. - Gauss Thanks for your help. :) My goal is to use the simplest way to move man+horse together, to avoid manipulation mistakes. So i thought tha grouped token is the best solution for that. If tokens are not grouped, there will be too much bad clicks. So 1) is not a solution for me. 2) and 3) are what i missed ! Perhaps a little hard to learn, but very useful. I talked about "bars" because it's the word you use for stats, but i thought of bubbles in fact. So it's ok.now, except i have a next question ! I would like my grouped token (man + horse) to occupy 2 hexes so to snap to grid, but with the middle above the 2 hexes boundary instead of the center of one hex. Is it possible ? i didnt find, so i have to desactivate the snap to grid with alt + mouse move, and can't use the arrow keys to move it. .

Edited 1380264533
Gauss
Forum Champion
So I can see setup please send me a join link. I will come take a look. - Gauss
tontione
Pro
Sheet Author
Gauss said: So I can see setup please send me a join link. I will come take a look. - Gauss Done.