Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Characters detecting traps in Its a Trap (shaped 5e)

Need some help getting this script to work.  The trap portion works fine. But the passive spot isn't. There should be a yellow box around the trap if the payer passively detects it. The developer confirms the script is working for him with with the latest version of his script and the shaped sheet script. So I set up a sandbox with only those two scripts (and the ones auto added for its a trap) and created a character and a trap on a blank map. Even created an account for my wife to log in on while I have my GM account on as well to see what is happening from both sides (player and GM). Don't see the box for the trap even thought the spot check is set for 10 and the character has a passive perception of 20.  Screenshot below.
Ada L.
Marketplace Creator
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Here is what you can expect to see when it is working (The spotted trap is circled in yellow): Here is the Briana won Do's character sheet (Made a brand new character, only changed the wisdom score so that the passive perception is calculated to 15): The JSON for my trap is exactly the same as Gary's except I've got it set to a spotDC of 15. Please let me know if anyone else is having issues with this too.
This is driving me nuts. The script is absolutely stellar. Looking forward to figuring this out. .... What would possibly make it not work in a brand new sandbox with just the too scripts running?  
I notice you seem to have a dropdown on the trap? Am I possibly missing something in setting the trap up? All I do is post the script in the GM only section of the token. Pop a web, a bleeding eye, and occasionally the wing on the markers. And then send it to the GM layer. 

Edited 1468604653
Ada L.
Marketplace Creator
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Nah, the pop-up is just a random graphic I grabbed from the library search to use as a trap. There is no drop-down. Everything you're doing appears to be correct.
Considered the possibility that my image was too small to see the circle? So I made it 4x4 squares. That didn't change the outcome. 
Stephen- do I have the right scripts in play? You used the 5e shaped theme?
Silvyre
Forum Champion
You might try deleting the duplicate scripts.
Not sure why the extras were there. Every was added when I added the two main scripts.  Deleted the extras though, didn't affect outcome. 
Ada L.
Marketplace Creator
Sheet Author
API Scripter
The extras are there because of repeated sub-dependencies, but the One-Click system doesn't check to see if a dependency is already there. All your scripts look right. I didn't have the 5E Shaped companion installed before, but I just installed that too, and it's still working fine. So no conflict there. :/
Tried clearing internet cache that didn't solve issue
Ada L.
Marketplace Creator
Sheet Author
API Scripter
The only way I think I could help you at this point is by manually looking into the issue in your game. This would mean giving me GM access to your game (the sandbox game will do) so I can fiddle around with the scripts and try to figure out what's going on. If you're okay with this, I can try to help you out with that.
Thank you Steven. 
Stephen fixed it- as suspected a very simple correction. I had not shifted the base script to use the 5E Shaped sheet settings. By the way- I highly recommend the script. Traps can add a lot of flavor to any campaign but I tended not to use them before because of all the extra hassle and book keeping.  If we were to see an infomercial on It's A Trap it would definitely have the catch phrase "set em and forget em." The script does all the background rolls and knows when to go off. Thanks again Stephen- both for the script and the help you provided. 
Ada L.
Marketplace Creator
Sheet Author
API Scripter
No prob! "It will make your wights wighter! Your blights blighter!"
Mickael N.
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Hi, I have the same issue too. I don t understand why I have this issue because I have set "5E-Shaped" in the input text field ab I have add this script to my APIs :&nbsp; <a href="https://github.com/Roll20/roll20-api-scripts/tree/" rel="nofollow">https://github.com/Roll20/roll20-api-scripts/tree/</a>... The JSON code have not a good work. For exemple if I use it : { "attack": 4, "damage": "2d8 + 6", "message": "A pressure plate gives way and darts fire forth from hidden compartments in the walls!", "notes": "If the character is hit, they also become poisoned.", "spotDC": 14 } I just have the message and MISS (even I increase the attack value to 30 or more).
Mickael N.
Sheet Author
API Scripter
I have find my issue... I had forgot to affect character to token.... :'(