Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Subfolders are whack

I can make a subfolder in a folder, but I can't move my sub folders into a new folder? I have a subfolder full of NPC's and I like to move that folder into another. I can't do that? What?

Edited 1468795708
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
It's possible to nest up to 4 sub-levels deep I believe. &nbsp; <a href="https://wiki.roll20.net/Journal#Reorganizing_Journal_Items" rel="nofollow">https://wiki.roll20.net/Journal#Reorganizing_Journal_Items</a> (wiki entry needs an update)
Thank you Vince, unfortunately, it does not allow me to move these folders if something is already in it. Which defeats the point of folders since I can make a new folder in a folder&gt; Which saves me time of having to make folders and moving them. I apologize if I come off negative. I do highly appreciate your answer however, but it doesn't help my current situation with moving full folders.

Edited 1468796749
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
No worries MH. &nbsp;I'm not sure I'm tracking you. &nbsp;I can move folders that include journal/handouts and/or subs without issue... Make sure you aren't moving a folder that includes sub-folders into a lower folder that would break the maximum allowable hierarchy(4 subs deep) from the root. I have noticed that you cannot move additional items into the deepest(4 levels deep) folder. &nbsp;I was only able to move items into a folder first before dragging it into the deepest position.
You helped a ton and saved me a lot of time and trouble. Much appreciated and thumbs up to your very well done answers.&nbsp;
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
Cool beans. &nbsp;Have fun.