Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

Our first test-session and a big thank you.

Just closed down the map after running our first session with Roll20 and I must say that were all impressed of the state of the program and the features within. Me and my group have tried most of the virtual tabletops available on the market and this is the best by far. The stability and easy to use interface are excellent for us stressedout DMs out there and both the jukebox and the grab-art-from-the-net feature worked out just as well as we had hoped. Our system of choice is D&D 4e. Starting of with a simple level 1 dungeonhack. We used a custom made Dundjinni map and there were some issues with scaling the map before we got it right. Nothing major but I wonder if its possible to have the picture keep it size during transfer in the future? We used one of the three bars for HP and another one for healing surges, making it very easy to read the combat and how hurt people really are. However why not include an option to make the third bar visible for the players as well? Also I would like more options for the bars. Such as showing segments or the option to switch colour. Also it would be great if the players could adjust the HP themselves. Or at least be allowed to do so with a setting. Using the colored markers was a great help for keeping track of conditions. I would really like the option to change the colors here as well. Also naming them. One player found the "crossed out" marker difficult to spot and would like the red colour stand out more. And as 4e is a very condition heavy system, it wouldn't hurt to be able to add more markers if needed. Grabbing art from the net was easy ( and fun ) However I would also like to have the option to name the tokens and also have the name of the tokens visable on mouseover or in the turntracker. It makes it easier to describe what creature you attack if for example using the same token for many minions. As for bugs we had issues getting the camera/voice working and ended up using Skype instead. The voice transfer had wierd echoes and the camera lagged behind. Possibly due to other software, not all of the computers used by the group are up to date. Skype however worked as a charm. The only other bug encountered was that the drawing tool got misplaced when using differant zoomscales for differant computers. We settled on 100% and thus solved the problem. All in all, we had a great run and I will return with more comments as soon as we can get the group together again. ( Possibly tomorrow :P ) Thank you!
Richard
Roll20 Team
You're welcome Peter. Thank you for all your feedback! And please pass along my thanks to our group. Some of your suggestions are already in the works.