Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

How long should it take to Copy an entire game?

Stephen D
Pro
Marketplace Creator
Hi, I want to make a backup of my existing campaign but have more than 200 maps, more than 200 characters, 50 players and huge amounts of chat and forum material. I have clicked Copy game in the settings menu, clicked all of the check-boxes to indicate what to copy (everything) but the copied game never contains any pages or is otherwise seriously incomplete even an hour after I start the process. I am wondering how long copying takes and whether there is a size limit on the material that can be copied over? regards Stephen
Stephen D
Pro
Marketplace Creator
Ok; I have confirmed this; I can't copy this game. It adds players, a bit of the forums but it seems to stall there-after. When I go into the VTT there are no character sheets, pages, music or rollable tables. Anyone know what's going on?
Stephen D
Pro
Marketplace Creator
I am running Firefox 47.0.01 and have recently updated Java.

Edited 1469114834
Ziechael
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
I'm sorry to hear that you're having issues with the site. I've successfully backed up/copied my long term, content heavy game several times so there must be something going on here... Could you please carefully work through the first three steps of our guide to Solving Technical Issues ? Step 1: Make sure to use the right browser Please check if these issues persist when using both Chrome and Firefox. Step 2: Ensure that there are no extensions/addons interfering with Roll20 Please disable all add-ons/extensions and anti-virus programs. Step 3: Clear your cache If none of the above succeeds, please thoroughly work through Step 4 . (Don't forget the complete Console Log!) Thank you!