Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

Roll20 Update 7/13: Library Rework

No you still have to have the art in your folder to add it to your library! Why can't we just right click on the web image and add it from there?
Stephen Koontz
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Brian A. said: No you still have to have the art in your folder to add it to your library! Why can't we just right click on the web image and add it from there?
GM said: [edit] Ok, seems it was a bug: I reloaded the game and now the prompt to delete comes up when I right click: so if anyone else has this issue try closing your browser and re-opening the game). This is most likely the same issue I mentioned earlier in which the right-click menu was appearing behind the window, on the vtt. I have not been able to reproduce this issue since the first two times it happened to me.
Thanks steve it is working like you said.
plexsoup
Marketplace Creator
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Thanks Steve. It's super cool that we can right-click on web search results to copy them to the library. Would it be possible to add a feature to autotag those images with whatever search term we used to find them? Right now: If I search for a term, then add the resulting images to my library, those library images may not come up when I search for the same term again, unless I tag them manually.
Can the API read image tags from library by any chance?
Stephen Koontz
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
plexsoup said: Thanks Steve. It's super cool that we can right-click on web search results to copy them to the library. Would it be possible to add a feature to autotag those images with whatever search term we used to find them? Right now: If I search for a term, then add the resulting images to my library, those library images may not come up when I search for the same term again, unless I tag them manually. Newly added items are always going to be at the top of the Recently Uploaded list to then tag. What are you imagining? Like a right click => Tag and Add to Library, then it would open a prompt asking what tag(s) you want to add?
Stephen Koontz
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Brail said: Can the API read image tags from library by any chance? Not currently.
The Aaron
Pro
API Scripter
Brail said: Can the API read image tags from library by any chance? Here is precisely that suggestion if you'd like to lend it your vote:&nbsp; <a href="https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/1749220/api-tags" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/1749220/api-tags</a>...

Edited 1469062886
plexsoup
Marketplace Creator
Sheet Author
API Scripter
&gt; what are you imagining? I was thinking that the system would just auttoassign a tag with no user input. For example, if I searched for "farm" then added an image based on that search, i could rest assured that it would already have the farm tag.
plexsoup said: I was thinking that the system would just auttoassign a tag with no user input. For example, if I searched for "farm" then added an image based on that search, i could rest assured that it would already have the farm tag. I think it would be nice if that was an option that could be check-marked when purchasing items. Thus in plexsoup's example, if I were search for "farm" and then purchase it, in the market window there would be a new checkbox with the following editable text box Apply Tag: "farm" ?
Having worked with the new library system over the last week or so, it's several orders worse than the model we had previously. It feels like this got put into production without any input from actual users. I would be shocked--SHOCKED--if you said otherwise. It's clumsy. It's non-intuitive. It's inefficient. The system was touted as offering improvements to organizing a library, so consider a common example. You create a folder called "dragons." Adding one or more items that you know are already in your uploads has to be done in one of the following ways: * You search existing content using the "dragons" keyword in the search box.&nbsp; Now that you're looking at the search results, you realize there is no way to drag a result directly into a custom folder because the folders have disappeared. All you can actually do is drag the element onto the tabletop for use. No organization possible. In addition, there's no context menu for items already in your uploads, and nothing you can constructively do to organize in this approach. * You do not search for "dragons" and instead scroll through the entire list of your already uploaded items. Search-scrolling like this is tedious and you have difficulty locating some of the items you want to organize, despite having tagged these in the previous system. By the time you find something, your customer folders are utterly out of view (at the top of the scrolled window). You now grab the handle of one asset and scroll again back to the top, hoping not to let the mouse button go on accident, until you find the folder you want to sort the item into. No context menu is available with a right-click, either. It's picking seeds up off the floor, one by one, hoping you get all of them into the jar you've set aside. * You double-click an item in your "recent uploads" and open the pop-out window to view your uploads. By far, this is the best of the three options. But it's still unimpressive. Because there is no way to filter results in the pop-out, you again have to play seed hunter to find what you want. In this mode, at least, you can still see custom folders on the right and may select multiple assets at once. That's a big plus and shows that whomever designed this used it this way themselves. There are some flaws here. For example, while tags can be edited in this mode, most are not visible without directly clicking on the asset's tag editor.&nbsp; The right mouse context menu has only two options: Select All or Delete selected. With a little bit of system lag and a frustrated user clicking the wrong way, I'm wondering if a person's whole library could be evaporated. Nonetheless, the pop-out window is the closest thing to a "file manager" available for a user library. It's crude and at least workable. -------------------------------------------- In all, this library improvement is an update that offers little functionality that we didn't already have with the old system. At the best of times, it feels as if things were merely shuffled around a bit. At the worst, it feels dysfunctional and poorly imagined. We have the ability to make custom folders, and the premium stuff is better organized by default, but those are the only high points of the update I can see. I know you can't do it now, but if it were put to a vote I'd rather see the old system returned until a better designed and tested update were put into place. I'm going to feel anxious when I hear about updates like this in the future.

Edited 1469140963
Stephen Koontz
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
We pushed out some changes to help improve the stability of the library system and fix some underlying issues. Let us know if you're still having any problems with the library.
How can you move items from a search into a folder?

Edited 1469151230
Riley D.
Roll20 Team
Dereliction said: Having worked with the new library system over the last week or so, it's several orders worse than the model we had previously. It feels like this got put into production without any input from actual users. I would be shocked--SHOCKED--if you said otherwise. It's clumsy. It's non-intuitive. It's inefficient. This feature was on the Dev server for about a month, and there was a post in the Pro forum soliciting feedback during that time. As a Pro user, you had access to that forum, and access to test it and provide feedback if you wanted to. We are currently looking at ways to get more feedback in the future since I do think it's obvious a lot of people (including Pro users) didn't realize this was coming, but to say that we didn't get "any input from actual users" is patently false. You can view the thread here if you'd like:&nbsp; <a href="https://app.roll20.net/forum/permalink/3519559/" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/forum/permalink/3519559/</a> Dereliction said: In all, this library improvement is an update that offers little functionality that we didn't already have with the old system. At the best of times, it feels as if things were merely shuffled around a bit. At the worst, it feels dysfunctional and poorly imagined. We have the ability to make custom folders, and the premium stuff is better organized by default, but those are the only high points of the update I can see. I think that overall this new update provides a lot of functionality that wasn't present before. You named two of the best things (in my opinion): the ability to use folders to organize your content, and the ability to quickly see premium, free, and pro sets. These were two of the largest requests we've gotten from users ever since Roll20 began. (See&nbsp; here ,&nbsp; here ...) I do think that there is still some work to be done. I think you can see from this thread that we've endeavored over the last week since this update went live to address the concerns that have been presented, squash bugs, and continue to improve the feature. It's my opinion that the things that were added already made it worth rolling out, but I do think there are definitely some things you could do more easily in the old system that we need to continue to work on so that it's just as easy with the new system. The ones that you pointed out (namely, the ability to right-click to add "any" content from a search, not just Google results, to your library, with the tag that you were currently searching with, which is how the "Star" system worked in the old library), and the ability to right-click to add an item to your library from the Recent Uploads list so you don't have to drag-and-drop from a mile away, are items that are definitely on our list to add in the next week. I think in the end you'll be quite happy with the new system; give it a chance, and give us a little time to get things ironed out.
Ed S. said: How can you move items from a search into a folder? Currently you can right-click on Google results to add them to your library (basically, assuming they weren't already there). I think in the next week we should have it working so you can right-click any type of result (something from the marketplace, something from Google, or even something from your existing library) and add it to the root of Your Library. Is that what you mean?
I do a search in my library for goblins and all the goblins come up. I want to add those images to a folder I made called Goblins. Also can we get a way to "deselect all" when in the folder pop-outs.&nbsp;
Stephen Koontz
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Ed S. said: I do a search in my library for goblins and all the goblins come up. I want to add those images to a folder I made called Goblins. Also can we get a way to "deselect all" when in the folder pop-outs.&nbsp; If you do the select all option with everything selected it will deselect all.
Andrew C
Marketplace Creator
Was it just in my head or were we able to basically link files uploaded elsewhere onto the internet and drop them into Roll20? I am hoping to basically upload more detailed maps onto other sites so that I can use the Roll20 Data for other game related information.

Edited 1469171940
So, I can look at recent uploads in my library but searching for an upload in my popout library has been removed so I cannot look for old files to delete. If I search for the file it pops up in the general search tab but the ability to delete files in that tab has been removed so essentially I have to scroll through hundreds of recent files to delete old files. Any plans to remedy this by placing a search bar in the "Recent Uploads"&nbsp; popout handout or possibly giving the option of deleting files from the general search tab? Or maybe it's just a bug on my end? I have tried different browsers and refreshing so I don't think it's a bug?
Andrew said: Was it just in my head or were we able to basically link files uploaded elsewhere onto the internet and drop them into Roll20? I am hoping to basically upload more detailed maps onto other sites so that I can use the Roll20 Data for other game related information. No I don't think you've ever been able to do that...you've always had to upload the file from your computer (or it had to show up in the Google search results). It's something we're considering adding, though. Zerodaggerz said: So, I can look at recent uploads in my library but searching for an upload in my popout library has been removed so I cannot look for old files to delete. If I search for the file it pops up in the general search tab but the ability to delete files in that tab has been removed so essentially I have to scroll through hundreds of recent files to delete old files. Any plans to remedy this by placing a search bar in the "Recent Uploads"&nbsp; popout handout or possibly giving the option of deleting files from the general search tab? Or maybe it's just a bug on my end? I have tried different browsers and refreshing so I don't think it's a bug? We'll look at adding that back in. At the very least, on the Search tab, you should probably be able to delete files you've uploaded when you find them there, if you're really sure you want to...
Riley D. said: This feature was on the Dev server for about a month, and there was a post in the Pro forum soliciting feedback during that time. As a Pro user, you had access to that forum, and access to test it and provide feedback if you wanted to. We are currently looking at ways to get more feedback in the future since I do think it's obvious a lot of people (including Pro users) didn't realize this was coming, but to say that we didn't get "any input from actual users" is patently false. You can view the thread here if you'd like:&nbsp; <a href="https://app.roll20.net/forum/permalink/3519559/" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/forum/permalink/3519559/</a> I switched to a Pro sub about 6 or 8 weeks ago, and wasn't aware of this change coming or may well have provided feedback before it came out. It's not really the job of Pro subscribers to make sure you have satisfactory feedback, but all the same, I'm trying to relay my experience with it now.&nbsp; That said, looking through the thread you linked above, it appears that the amount of meaningful feedback is scant. Excluding a handful of bug reports, I see only a couple users (one linked below) who provided any sort of thorough use case commentary on the system. If that thread is the sum of your feedback from actual users, no one should be surprised that people are having issues with the new library today.&nbsp; Consider this example from your pre-release thread: ( User: Giger ) "If i'm not missing anything, trying to fiddle around with folders is ridiculous cumbersome, as I have to either search for specific things (which i seem to loose access to the folders) and heaven knows my images aren't properly labeled - or rely on the 'recent uploads'....which is manageable, but when you have hundreds and hundreds of images, the folders get massive - which means i have to click & hold, and scroll up and up and up and up to drop it into the folder." Did this just go ignored? This user is telling you how they are interacting with the system and how the process is "ridiculously cumbersome" inside the new library. It's pure gold. But its the same criticism I outlined in my previous post. Look through this thread and it's apparent that users are confused about what's been offered and how to use the new library properly. People couldn't even figure out how to upload new assets! Even when they work out how to manage things, they report a burdensome experience. It is! Yet another example is when&nbsp;I explained how the library's search feature leads to a dead end for organizing assets, only to have the point reaffirmed when the next post came from&nbsp; a user baffled about being unable to organize from his search results. Surely we're not the only two frustrated with that blind alley, and that's just one of the problems with the new library that could've been discovered with better communication during development. Riley D. said: I think in the end you'll be quite happy with the new system; give it a chance, and give us a little time to get things ironed out. I haven't given up. I wouldn't have bothered giving you constructive feedback if that was my intent. Instead, I'm trying to make clear how the system is underwhelming and that you need to reconsider the communication pipeline between users and developers in your development process. It's understandable that you want to push out things out that you think are interesting--and everyone DOES think a library upgrade is a fantastic direction--but I doubt anyone would've complained if you took more than 4 weeks to slap this update together and put it into the real world. More feedback and several more iterations over the new library would've made for a vastly different release experience for everyone involved, users and devs alike. Help yourselves by improving the system for testing features and gaining feedback from users before you push out those updates. Despite being wary,&nbsp;I look forward to seeing your future improvements.
Steve K. said: Ed S. said: I do a search in my library for goblins and all the goblins come up. I want to add those images to a folder I made called Goblins. Also can we get a way to "deselect all" when in the folder pop-outs.&nbsp; If you do the select all option with everything selected it will deselect all. Is there a planned addition to address my first question? It would greatly improve the usefulness of the folders. Also an option to "deselect all" would more intuitive than having to "select all again". I simply closed and reopened the window but that is hardly a usable work around.&nbsp;

Edited 1469226466
Andrew C
Marketplace Creator
Riley D. said: Andrew said: Was it just in my head or were we able to basically link files uploaded elsewhere onto the internet and drop them into Roll20? I am hoping to basically upload more detailed maps onto other sites so that I can use the Roll20 Data for other game related information. No I don't think you've ever been able to do that...you've always had to upload the file from your computer (or it had to show up in the Google search results). It's something we're considering adding, though. Thanks for that. &nbsp;I was hoping to link across larger maps from places like Wordpress, etc and then add it in. &nbsp;Free accounts don't like detailed 420sq W by 640sq H maps at 70-100px per sq.
Right-clicking on an image or image name still does nothing for me, other than bring up the Chrome right-click options. I do not get the option to delete the image or whatever other options right-clicking should make available.

Edited 1469285114
Scott C.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
I'd like to suggest a few tweaks to how the library works in game. Currently, if you delete an image in a folder it deletes it from the folder, but not from your library (it just winds up in your recent uploads section in game). If this is behavior that you guys want to keep, then can we get an additional button (and rename the current one) so that you have a "delete" button and a "remove from folder" button? It's really annoying to go into a folder to clean it out of unwanted images and then just have to go delete them all again from the recent uploads section. When you search for an image in the side bar, it is not possible to open it in a "folder"-like view from the search results. This means a couple things: It is not possible to search for specific images (that may be in many different folders, or you may have just forgotten where they are) and select them for deletion. As well as not being able to open the image in folder view, you can't move the image to a new folder, which can be frustrating if you are trying to reorganize your images (say for an upcoming campaign so that they are all in a similar spot) It'd be nice to be able to limit the search to the library, marketplace, or the web (limiting to currently owned or not owned would be acceptable as well)
Brett E. said: Right-clicking on an image or image name still does nothing for me, other than bring up the Chrome right-click options. I do not get the option to delete the image or whatever other options right-clicking should make available. I was having that problem last night too. After a couple closing and reopenings it started working
Brian said: I was having that problem last night too. After a couple closing and reopenings it started working Still having the problem, unfortunately... Right-clicking only works when a file is listed at the very top of My Library, up above the "Recent Uploads" header. Files listed below Recent Uploads do nothing when right-clicked on.
OK I have been away from my own roll20 games for a few weeks I come back to work on my game and all I see in the Art Library is the url for the items on google I cant see what it actually is unless I drag it to the tabletop. really frustrating. How do I fix this
I have not used roll20 on a regular basis until recently, so I can't give much comparison to the old library. The folder structuring, ability to search through everything at once, pop out view, and the asset previews are all useful; so thank you for those. I appreciate those additions. In general, I'm finding the library to work all right. However, it's a bit of a steep learning curve&nbsp; as some things are somewhat counterintuitive. (I can't drag a file into a folder on the pop-out view, for example). A few other issues that I've struggled with: 1)When an image is copied from the web to "My Library" via the ", only the sized down preview image is copied, which makes things inconvenient if I'm wanting to save it for a handout to show the players later. (I can pull the image directly from a web into a handout or character avatar, and it will size just fine. It's just inconvenient not being able to grab it from "My Library" to a handout. (This is happening only with images grabbed after the library rework went into effect. 2)I'm having some issues with the pop-out view. If I rename an image originally taken from the web and then move it to another folder or do a A-Z sort, the image's name reverts to "Source: ..." It seems to happen somewhat inconsistently. 3)I'm having trouble dragging multiple images from the pop-out view into a folder on the side pane unless there is already an image stored in that folder.
Stephen Koontz
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Ed S. said: Is there a planned addition to address my first question? It would greatly improve the usefulness of the folders. Also an option to "deselect all" would more intuitive than having to "select all again". I simply closed and reopened the window but that is hardly a usable work around.&nbsp; I like the idea of quickly adding a searched item to a folder, however there are some design issues. Just giving you a list of your folders to choose from could be a very long list. There also wouldn't be a structure to give the folder name's context. You might have two folders named "NPCs" that by name alone are identical. It's something for us to consider.
Stephen Koontz
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
REDGRIFFON said: OK I have been away from my own roll20 games for a few weeks I come back to work on my game and all I see in the Art Library is the url for the items on google I cant see what it actually is unless I drag it to the tabletop. really frustrating. How do I fix this Hovering over the name/url should give you an enlarged preview instantly. You can also organize your assets into folders and view them through the folder view with enlarged images. Or search your assets and set your view to large icons.
Stephen Koontz
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
C.P. said: I have not used roll20 on a regular basis until recently, so I can't give much comparison to the old library. The folder structuring, ability to search through everything at once, pop out view, and the asset previews are all useful; so thank you for those. I appreciate those additions. In general, I'm finding the library to work all right. However, it's a bit of a steep learning curve&nbsp; as some things are somewhat counterintuitive. (I can't drag a file into a folder on the pop-out view, for example). A few other issues that I've struggled with: 1)When an image is copied from the web to "My Library" via the ", only the sized down preview image is copied, which makes things inconvenient if I'm wanting to save it for a handout to show the players later. (I can pull the image directly from a web into a handout or character avatar, and it will size just fine. It's just inconvenient not being able to grab it from "My Library" to a handout. (This is happening only with images grabbed after the library rework went into effect. 2)I'm having some issues with the pop-out view. If I rename an image originally taken from the web and then move it to another folder or do a A-Z sort, the image's name reverts to "Source: ..." It seems to happen somewhat inconsistently. 3)I'm having trouble dragging multiple images from the pop-out view into a folder on the side pane unless there is already an image stored in that folder. Thank you for pointing out the library image resolution issue. We'll try and get that fixed ASAP.&nbsp;
Steve K. said: Ed S. said: Is there a planned addition to address my first question? It would greatly improve the usefulness of the folders. Also an option to "deselect all" would more intuitive than having to "select all again". I simply closed and reopened the window but that is hardly a usable work around.&nbsp; I like the idea of quickly adding a searched item to a folder, however there are some design issues. Just giving you a list of your folders to choose from could be a very long list. There also wouldn't be a structure to give the folder name's context. You might have two folders named "NPCs" that by name alone are identical. It's something for us to consider. I think it was mentioned father up this post, but having the ability to search in an open folder, when it's popped up, would allow for us to then drag the searched items to our other folders on the side bar. It would also facilitate easily deleting groups of assets from a folder as only those searched tags would show up and we can select all of them .

Edited 1469487867
So all of these library changes have been implemented into the image library in the game. Will they be added to the actual My Library page? All of my suggestions relate to that page -&nbsp; Search for untagged images Create/use folder structure Move images from search into folders (think like a windows explorer with a folder pane on the left and search results on the right) Tag exclusion - exclude specific tags from search results I'm checking out the changes done in-game.

Edited 1469794905
Jen
Pro
I'm having several problems: Right-clicking in Chrome does nothing outside of Folder View except bring up the usual Chrome right-click options. If I search for "dragon" I see all my dragons, or "gold" I see everything with gold in the name... but searching for "gold dragon" returns no results, making multi-word searches inoperative. Is there some new search syntax I should be using? Before, a search for "gold dragon" or "dragon gold" would bring back everything with both tags/words. The blog post said it makes tagging easier, but I don't see how to tag any older asset. When I click a recent upload, it pops up all the recent uploads in a Folder View that does let me tag -- but if I search for anything older and click one of those images instead, I don't get an equivalent pop-up Folder View.&nbsp; I am sure this is on the right track interface-wise, but it's problematic enough right now that I can't prep my next game.&nbsp; Struck this version because I&nbsp; posted a revised list below . Thanks.
Pixelscapes said: I'm having several problems: Right-clicking in Chrome does nothing outside of Folder View except bring up the usual Chrome right-click options. I'm having the same issue, and mentioned it above... however, it has received no acknowledgement so far.&nbsp;
Ok so now that the new library is somewhat stable i decided to start putting my stuff into folders. I created a folder called monster portraits and bam! I don't know where it went or how to search for it? I would assume that anything new would be at the top of the page but nothing! Am i missing something here or what? This should be easy to do!
For some reason I can't seem to make rollable tables using my purchased assets. I would like to say also that the "improved" system is virtually unuseable. We have had to switch to using Skype as the Audio chat has completely stopped working, now the library system is ruined, what next?

Edited 1469653383
Loren the GM
Pro
Marketplace Creator
I'm having an odd issue. Some of the images in my library are only showing up in search. For instance, when I search for Rusalka, it pulls up&nbsp;074 - 4_Rusalka.png. However, this image is not sorted into any of my organzied folders in My Library, and it also isn't showing up in my Recent Uploads list when I filter that down. So in short, the image is uploaded, and it appears the system thinks I've organized it into a folder (which it doesn't appear to be) and therefore doesn't show up in Recent Uploads. And this is happening with several images, not just this individual item . . . it is hard to tell how many exactly, as they don't show up anywhere unless I search for them. While this isn't a huge issue for me specifically (because I can find the images when I search for them, which is generally how I look for images) it feels like something isn't working quite right. As a suggestion, it might be useful to have a line in the search result that tells you the path (or multiple paths, I suppose) for the folder(s) you have placed the image into. Edited to add that overall, I really like the new image system, and thank you devs for all the hard work you put into the platform!
Stephen Koontz
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Loren, that asset thinks it's in your 5E Round folder. If that's not the case you can delete that f|-KLvaN9lYc1tButUDNla tag or unfilter your recent uploads and re-add it to the 5E Round folder to solve your issue. I'm not sure what might have caused the issue. If you run into it again or are able to recreate it please let me know.
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
I like that we have added the folder feature to images. &nbsp;Thank you. &nbsp; There are a few adjustments I would like to see considered. &nbsp;Drag/Drop to a journal avatar directly from the image sidebar works OK. &nbsp;Getting it to drop on the avatar box can be very&nbsp;finicky. &nbsp;I'm often left with images on the map or I have to resize the journal to get "on-target". &nbsp;Cannot Drag/drop from the sidebar search results(even from one's&nbsp;own library) to an avatar field. &nbsp;I can inspect the image's max link URL and copy/paste that directly into the "choose a file" dialogue and it populates the field, so I&nbsp;assume&nbsp;the underpinnings are there. &nbsp;Cannot search/filter the Recent Uploads or Folder View window. &nbsp;Sub-folders could probably be kept at the top, but a subset of the folders could be included with search/filter results. &nbsp;Maybe mirror the sidebar search in the Folder View window? &nbsp;Folder View only allows sub-folder navigation, but what if I want to move back into the parent folder? &nbsp;I know you can use the sidebar, but if you include sub-folders in Folder View, why not show the parental folder as well. &nbsp;Seems more&nbsp;intuitive. &nbsp;Breadcrumbs or just a simple back arrow would be nice. &nbsp;I would love to use the DELETE key
Stephen Koontz
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
We pushed out an update this morning that should greatly improve the search functionality. Let us know what you think.

Edited 1469795233
Jen
Pro
Oh goody, this new update fixes the multi-term search item for me. Thank you! &nbsp; That does still leave these concerns (I'm sure you already saw my prior post, which I'll strike out since these are revised or new): When we find older assets through Search, how do we tag or delete those? Are&nbsp;we supposed to be able to open a Folder View pop-up like we can for more recent stuff? The icon isn't there and clicking the images doesn't bring it up. How do you add older/searched assets to a folder? (I was hoping to test whether that would give me Folder View and therefore tag ability, but I can't see the folders above in a search and can't drag to a popped-open folder.) Is right-clicking on images found in search supposed to do anything? (It doesn't in Chrome or Firefox, for me.) It does let you rename/delete the folders, though. Or to sum it up another way: surely all these functions are meant to work just as well for older/searched images as they seem to work for recent uploads. Thanks for all your work on this.
Oh and a bug report: when a search term includes the name of a folder, no results from my library come up, it just spins "Searching your Library..."&nbsp;forever. This happens even if you also have images including that word.
Pixelscapes said: Is right-clicking on images found in search supposed to do anything? (It doesn't in Chrome or Firefox, for me.) It does let you rename/delete the folders, though. I too continue to have the same problem, right-clicking does nothing for me.&nbsp;Right-clicking opens the intended menu only when a file is listed at the very top of My Library, up above the "Recent Uploads" header. Files listed below "Recent Uploads" do nothing when right-clicked on. Before today, when I dragged a file up above the "Recent Uploads" header, I could right-click and delete it. Now when I do that, the file just re-appears down below the "Recent Uploads" header, it does not actually get deleted.
So am i going to get a&nbsp;response as to why i make&nbsp;a &nbsp;new folder it just disappears? Where is it going?

Edited 1470012328
Dave
Pro
Frequently, I cannot drag images from the library into a handout or character sheet. It just stops dragging once you're over the desktop, and it goes "behind" the handout instead of onto it. This problem seems to exist in both Chrome and Firefox.
????????????????????