Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Selecting tokens

Is there a way to give players the ability to select tokens that they aren't controlling? I'd like to include things like names of party members or bad guys in some of my macros, but from what I've seen it's either full access to edit a token, or not able to select it at all. Am I missing something?
Not currently.
Pat S.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
I'm not sure if it would work but have you tried the new feature @ {selected|token_name} in your macros? I haven't played with it much yet so I'm not sure it would work for you.
Thanks HoneyBadger! @Metroknight, I have not. I'm not currently able to select anything other than myself so I couldn't even target them to pull their token_name. :(
Pat S.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
Ok. It was a thought. This is a new feature so i didn't if you new about it. I take that you are a player not the GM.
Correct, I am but a player :(
Pat S.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
Yeah that is a limitation to it. If read the thread about the new features in the on topic section, you will discover some nifty things happening.
I'll go check it out now! Thanks for the tip!