Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Multiple Tokens - Same Journal?

If I have a journal entry for amonster with all their attributes and macro's setup. I create a token, assign attributes like HP to a bar. I copy and paste to have multiples of the monster and change the names adding 1, 2, 3, etc. Currently when I edit the value of the HP bar it modifies all of the tokens. Is there a way, that I don't know of, to have it only apply to the actual token bar I am modifying? I know you can unlink the token from the Journal, but I have a number of {selected} macros I use that I would like to be able to continue to utilize and they break if you unlink the journal. It would be a real bummer if I had to copy and paste the journals for one monster that I use multiple times. I'm hoping I am just missing something. If not I would like to suggest that some modification is made to allow you to edit bar values of differently named tokens that share the same journal without modifiying the bar value for all tokens linked to that journal.
Gauss
Forum Champion
You need to decouple the Bar from the Attributes. Then save it as the default token. Alternately, you can create multiple attributes for each token. What is the macro? - Gauss
Ah didn't think to change the bar back to None. That should do it! The macros are things like %{selected|MeleeAttack1} %{selected|MeleeDamage1} /roll 1d20+@{selected|Initiative}&{tracker} etc
Yep. You can just have the token linked to the Character, but don't link the bar to the HP attribute.