Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

Token Right Click Options

First of all, I would like to congratulate you all for this fine project. Back in the days, I could only dream of a system such as Roll20! You have successfully rekindle our roleplaying fire we tough was gone. From the bottom of my heart, bless you! Now, for the topic at hand: I am conducting a peculiar game system where the maps are in 2 dimensions( like an old school platformer). So characters need to jump, fall down and of course turn right or left. The thing is only the game master can flip token horizontally or vertically, which reduce game speed a bit. The players also need to use other tokens to represent their attacks( every actions are in semi-real time, so if they shoot a bullet, this bullet will travel a couple squares by rounds,,,pretty complex, I know) I was wondering if there could be a way to let the players right-click their token, so they could manipulate them as they wish? That way, they could flip sides when necessary and copy/paste their attack token( having many fireballs or bullets in the screen is frequent, a bit too frequent). Oh, and the updates...Totally awesome! Especially the dynamic lightning! Now my players are busting lights like crazy, thanks to that! ;)
Gauss
Forum Champion
The only way that I can think of for players to manipulate tokens like a GM is to make them GMs. You can upgrade players to GM status if you wish. Of course, that may not work for your game if you need to keep maps etc secret from the players. - Gauss
I see. Well, it doesn't really matter that much. Its still plenty playable as it is. Thanks for the answer, and keep up the good work!
Gauss
Forum Champion
What you could do is create an area of tokens for each player. Create a token, example token 'x', and assign it to the player in question. Then create many copies of it. Place all of the copies in the players token area. Repeat for other tokens. Then repeat the process for other players. - Gauss