Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

Epic Worlds

Russ H.
Marketplace Creator
If you've enjoyed the Old World Style series, then yer gonna love the  Epic World Style !  Working with Dan Wolters, we've used Old World as our template and modeled everything from the mountains, to the coastlines, the towers and trees to the little rivers that flow; and you'll notice we've expanded on those as well with more variety, but staying with that strong lego style from the first set series. You will see a lot of familiar configurations of trees, towers and such, but this time modeled and in full color. There will be some regional zooms, but first we want to create some more at the world view level. We were thinking of heading to the arctic and the equator after this set, but would love to hear from the community. Where would you like to see us expand to first?
The Aaron
Pro
API Scripter
This is great, Russ!  I love this evolution.  Those mountain peaks are epic indeed!
But I don't want to redo all my maps :(
Russ H.
Marketplace Creator
No worries Labyrinth, We will be making more Old World Style sets as well this year!
Russ H. said: No worries Labyrinth, We will be making more Old World Style sets as well this year! I think I'll have too.  The mountains look so good.
Truth in advertising!  This set is truly epic, indeed. In the next set, you need a tall mountain w/ a cloud around the peak.   I don't know why, it just popped in my head when I saw mountain #4. Also, you're really good at making great looking maps using your own tiles.  You should use this set to make some pre-made overland maps.  I'd buy the set and the pre-mades to cut down on setup time!  (Preferably geomorphic, but that might be all but impossible with maps of this type.)
Russ H.
Marketplace Creator
Three of Swords said: Truth in advertising!  This set is truly epic, indeed. In the next set, you need a tall mountain w/ a cloud around the peak.   I don't know why, it just popped in my head when I saw mountain #4. Also, you're really good at making great looking maps using your own tiles.  You should use this set to make some pre-made overland maps.  I'd buy the set and the pre-mades to cut down on setup time!  (Preferably geomorphic, but that might be all but impossible with maps of this type.) When you say geomorphic, Three, do you mean like how we were able to create visual changes in the topography levels of higher and lower areas (like in the sample map with this, the river bank - one side near the ocean level and one side seemingly on a higher cliff or fault slip?). And sure! We did that recently with the Old World Style, creating some pre-made land  masses for quick placement and it would great to do that here as well. And we will be sure to make that tall mountain with clouds, probably one with, one without & the clouds separate for the second version. Thanks for the suggestions!
By geomorphic I meant it would be nice if you could make a number of 20x20 maps that can be placed next to each other in any fashion and still look good.  Though w/ outdoor maps, I can see how it would be very difficult w/o having very clear lines between the maps.
The Aaron
Pro
API Scripter
Kind of like Carcassonne tiles...
Russ H.
Marketplace Creator
Ohhhh. Okie doke. Lemme see what I can do