Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Pathfinder - Jade Regent AP - Need one replacement player (closed)

When a decades-old family secret is exposed, an unassuming tavern-owner in the sleepy village of Sandpoint and her friends suddenly find themselves holding the key not only to one of Varisia's greatest mysteries but also a conspiracy spanning continents and empires. Can they piece together the puzzle that links her to the destruction of a fortress-settlement? And can they withstand the ancient forces and secret destiny that have waited for them for decades? What do I need? I need a replacement player for my Jade Regent Adventure Path game (Pathfinder system) I just need a single player. When do I want to play? We play every Saturday, 6 pm GMT/1 pm EST. Next session will be Dec 22 When will it start? It actually started a few weeks ago, this Saturday (Dec 22) will be the 3rd actual game session How/where do I want to play it? We'll be using Roll20 for maps and battles, and voice communication for the game (so it won't be text based). We've been using Skype so far, but it might be causing issues for one of the players, so we will most likely be using Google+ Hangout for voice communication from next week forward, to see if that fixes the problem. A little bit about me I'm 33 years old, but I've not been doing P&P RPGs for too long since I never found a group for it in my area. Once I discovered PF 3 or 4 years ago, I've been playing online, and I'm GMing a PbP game that's been running for over a year now. I believe I have a solid grip on the rules and enough common sense to make judgment calls in border cases. But this will be my first time I'm actually GMing a "real" game, so I do expect to make mistakes along the way. I should also mention that I'm from Germany and english isn't my first language, but so far I've gotten along fine with it. Who am I looking for? What should you know? As mentioned, this is my first time running a game as a GM, so I don't mind players with no or little Pathfinder experience. If you have experience with D&D 3.5 for example, many things in PF will seem familiar to you. I've no experience with 4E, but I believe the core of it is similar as well. That doesn't mean experienced players aren't welcome, but you should be aware the GM and maybe a few of the players are new. However what I'm looking for are people that are more Role-players instead of Roll-players. Yes there will be stretches where one combat encounter follows the next. But even in these "dungeon crawl"-sessions RP will be possible and should be happening. If all you care about is your Damage and the highest To-Hit-Bonus, but your character background is a blank sheet, then this is most likely the wrong game for you. You should also be aware that this is an Adventure Path. It's intended to take you from level 1 to around level 16 while telling a story. While you certainly don't have to follow the plot on rails all the time - there will be sidequests and such and your decisions will matter - you also should accept the fact that there's an overarching story here and if you're hell-bend on breaking out of that, then you should find a game that's more suited to that. The AP has a certain "Asian Theme" to it, but it will take quite a long time till you actually get there. Most of the AP is about the trip to Tian Xia. The AP starts in the town of Sandpoint, but will not stay there for too long. Preferably your character should have a connection to the town and at least one of the major NPCs, as well as a reason to eventually accompany them on a long world-spanning journey. Who's in the group so far? So far the group consists of the following: - Human Paladin of Erastil - Half-orc Fighter - Dhampir Cleric (Crusader archetype) - Elf Cleric They are all still level 1. What I want from you? Further down you'll find the Character Creation guidelines. I don't want a finished character sheet from you yet. Instead I would like you to write me a PM and try to answer these questions. You don't have to write a novel, just a sentence or two for each of them is enough for now. And if you don't have an answer for some of them yet, that's ok too. To send a PM on the forum here, click my name above the post, then on the right side you will see "Send Quatar a message". You can also send me an email or reach me on Skype instead (see below for contact info). Skype will probably be the fastest way to reach me, we also use Skype to communicate between sessions. 1) What's the name, class and race of the character you want to play? 2) What's the basic concept you're going for? 3) What's the gist of your character's background story? 4) Which NPC do you want to be connected to and how? Which campaign trait are do you plan on taking? 5) Do you plan to pursue a romantic relationship with one of them eventually? If so which NPC? (Hint: There will be more NPCs showing up in the game at later points that can be romanced too) 6) What's your Google+ account/email? Character Creation Info I don't need a full character sheet yet. - Download the Jade Regent Player's Guide (and read it) - Characters start at first level - Standard character creation with 25 point buy - Maximum starting gold for your class - 2 traits PLUS 1 campaign trait from the Player's Guide (so 3 total) - Max HPs at first level. At later levels you can either take the average hitpoints or roll. If you roll you have to do it where I see it and you have to accept the result even if its below the average. - No evil alignment. CN is allowed, but doesn't mean you can be a jerk. - 3.5 classes, feats, spells etc are not allowed - Third party stuff is allowed on a case-by-case basis (don't go overboard. I might allow one or two things per player but not an entire spellbook) Pathfinder Resources <a href="http://www.d20pfsrd.com/" rel="nofollow">http://www.d20pfsrd.com/</a> Contact info for me email: khales (dot) aoc -at- gmail [dot] com Skype: khales (dot) aoc
Sent a pm.
Level 1 samurai, high diplomacy and intimidate. She prefers Talk > threaten > stab, in that order. And here's how I play: <a href="http://community.roll20.net/discussion/3789/creative-player-lfg-pf-l5r-3-5#Item_1" rel="nofollow">http://community.roll20.net/discussion/3789/creative-player-lfg-pf-l5r-3-5#Item_1</a> More detail in a PM comin'at'cha also, contact: kwbloomquist [at] gmail [dot] com