Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

D&D Next Macro Help

I am wanting to set up macros for using the selected token option for use with D&D Next. The issue I am having trouble with is the advantage/disadvantage mechanic. With advantage you /roll 2d20kh1 + ability mod + modifier With disadvantage you /roll 2d20dh1 + ability mod + modifier A normal test without advantage or disadvantage is just a straight up d20 + ability mod + modifier My question is there a way to set up a macro that basicly asks if the roll has advantage/disadvantage? Or do I have to set up 3 macros for each stat one with disadvantage, one normal, one with advantage? For example here is my current list of macros. /roll 1d20 + @{selected|Str} /roll 1d20 + @{selected|Dex} /roll 1d20 + @{selected|Con} /roll 1d20 + @{selected|Int} /roll 1d20 + @{selected|Wis} /roll 1d20 + @{selected|Cha} /roll 1d20 + @{selected|Initiative} @{tracker} /roll 1d20 + @{selected|Str} +@{selected|Proficiency} /roll 1d20 + @{selected|Dex} +@{selected|Proficiency} /roll 1d20 + @{selected|Con} +@{selected|Proficiency} /roll 1d20 + @{selected|Int} +@{selected|Proficiency} /roll 1d20 + @{selected|Wis} +@{selected|Proficiency} /roll 1d20 + @{selected|Cha} +@{selected|Proficiency} Do I need another dozen for advantage and then another dozen for disadvantage or can I just rewrite those macros to querry weather or not to roll 1d20 + , 2d20kh1 + , or 2d20dh1 + ?
No, you can't query for adv/dis without using the API. I just roll two attack rolls / ability checks in the same macro. Then I just take the highest or lowest as needed for adv/dis and take the first roll for a normal attack. The macro code... I have four attributes set up for MH Weapon, MH Damage Roll, MH Damage Type, MH Magic Bonus. I did this for OH and RANGE... each standing for Main Hand, Off Hand, and Ranged. I then created three macros each for Strength based attacks and Dexterity based attacks, for example... STR-Melee-Attack-MH, STR-Melee-Attack-OH, and STR-Ranged-Attack. These work really well for my D&D Next group. /em rolls some dice... Attack w/@{MH Weapon} [Std | Advantage / Disadvantage] [[1d20 + @{STR Mod} [Strength Mod] + @{Proficiency Bonus} [Proficiency Bonus] + @{MH Magic Bonus} [Magic Bonus]]] | [[1d20 + @{STR Mod} [Strength Mod] + @{Proficiency Bonus} [Proficiency Bonus] + @{MH Magic Bonus} [Magic Bonus]]] [ Misc. Modifiers [[?{Misc. Modifiers|0}]] ] [[@{MH Damage Roll} + @{STR Mod} [Strength Mod] + @{MH Magic Bonus} [Magic Bonus]]] @{MH Damage Type} damage As for ability checks/saving throws, I just have the two standard rolls and put the proficiency bonus in it's own section to be added if the DM says it should apply.
It cuts it down to a minimum of 16 macros for a single character: Initiative, six ability checks/saving throws, three Strength attacks, three Dexterity attacks, one Intelligence based spell attack, one Wisdom based spell attack, and a Death Roll macro. However, I have an API script I use that changes out weapons on the character sheet with a simple macro... so it can add more, but they're optional.
Would be nice to have an option to create a macro that does one thing, then have a different behavior when you shift-click it as an example. Standard Macro = regular roll Shift-Click Macro = Advantage Ctrl-Click Maco = Disadvantage But maybe this is more of being able to utilize key binds for macros?

Edited 1380846967
Lithl
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
/r {d20+?{Advantage|d20}}kh1+@{Mods} or [[{d20+?{Advantage|d20}}kh1+@{Mods}]] When you use the macro, a query popup will appear with "d20" already in the box. If you don't have advantage, type "0". Ta-da! =) (Of course, replace "@{Mods}" with whatever your modifiers are.)

Edited 1380849089
Gauss
Forum Champion
Brian , you could also hit space and that is the same thing as "0". - Gauss
Lithl
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Not with the roll I posted. There may be a variant where that works, but the one I posted gives an error if you hit space.
Gauss
Forum Champion
Brian , my bad, you are right. It works in other uses of the query but not that one. - Gauss