Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Problems with some macros

I was talking to Gauss yesterday, and he recommended that I use Abilities off of my Character Sheet instead of using Macros out of the settings tab because they are more stable, but I'm having a hard time getting some of them to work. My abilities are as follows. "Fortitude" - "/em rolls a fortitude save! A(n) [[ 1d20+@{Shocknawe|Fort} ]] passes right?!" "Reflex" - "/em rolls a reflex save! A(n) [[ 1d20+@{Shocknawe|Ref} ]] passes right?!" "Will" - "/em rolls a will save! A(n) [[ 1d20+@{Shocknawe|Will} ]] passes right?!" "Critical-Confirmation" - "/em rolls to confirm his critical! [[d20 +@{Shocknawe|Level} +@{Shocknawe|WIS} +@{Shocknawe|Magic bow} +@{Shocknawe|Weapon Focus} +@{Shocknawe|PBS} +@{Shocknawe|Flurry} +@{Shocknawe|Flurry Deadly Aim} +@{Shocknawe|Buff to hit} +?{Iterative|0} ]] to confirm and [[ @{Shocknawe|Composite Longbow} +@{Shocknawe|Composite Longbow} +2*@{Shocknawe|Magic bow} +2*@{Shocknawe|Flurry Deadly Aim|Max} +2*@{Shocknawe|PBS} +2*@{Shocknawe|Buff to dmg} ]] additional damage!" All of those work as Abilities. I can drop them in the macro bar and they work as intended. The problem, is when I try to make a macro under settings to reference them so they don't all have my character name in them in the macro bar they no longer work. When I type a # those Abilities won't show up in the list. I've tried every letter on my keyboard to get them to show up, and none of them will. Is there a trick to this that I don't know? If I just type it in normally the macro just says "#Fortitude" in the chat box. Halp?
Use %{} to access abilities. So %{Shocknawe|Fortitude} inside a macro would roll that ability.
Hmm, that worked for the 4 that weren't working earlier, but I still have a few others that are set up as #PBFlurry for example, that references an ability named "PBFlurry", but when I try to change it from the # to the "%{Shocknawe|PBFlurry}" it goes back to just typing that in chat. Any idea why I'm getting that discrepency?
I have found that calling abilities can be very sensitive to upper/lower case, and spelling too of course. Triple check that the character name and the ability name are spelled absolutely correctly, and have the same capitalization.
Hmm, must have been a capitolization thing. Cause it worked for me this time! Thanks David!
Also, Thanks Riley for the initial help! I appreciate you guys guiding me through this!