Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

I dub thee decorator: Granting player rights to Map layers

I'd like to grant players permission to use and edit the Map Layer on a per-map and/or per-campaign basis.   I would use this feature to allow players to help me dress up maps with scene items without having to show them everything else I have hidden (which is what happens if I promote them GM for this purpose).  For example, maybe they have their own base and want to spice it up with new features or upgrades.  Or maybe they want to build a base from scratch and I'll approve and polish it. Since players wouldn't have access to the same tiles as me (they are account-based), I'm aware they may need a decoration map to reference tokens and tiles--or I could use the campaign permissions and they can poach from other maps I've made.   I would also encourage them to support the artists by buying applicable art.  This feature might boost token and tile sales among players who are promoted to decorators. 😊
Update: &nbsp;Merging into this this thread. &nbsp; <a href="https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/1241923/slug%7D" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/1241923/slug%7D</a> Mods feel free to consolidate or remove my original post.
Thanks for the suggestion! After 30 days, Suggestions and Ideas with fewer than 10 votes are closed and the votes are refunded to promote freshness. Your suggestion didn't build the right momentum this time, but feel free to submit it again! We find that the best suggestions describe the problem you are having, and the solution you want. You can learn more about the process of making suggestions on the Roll20 Wiki! More details can be found here .