Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Deck of cards for the date, repeat without shuffling?

Hello! I am running a hexcrawl and created a deck of cards for every day of the game year, as well as a few other decks. As the group travels, the intention was that at the start of each day, each deck would have a card drawn — I have one for the weather, one for the current cycle of the moon and one for the date which includes relevant information such as holidays and whatnot. Problem I am running into is that while I want the "date" deck to be consistent and never shuffled while progressing through it, I cannot seem to find a way to do that, or even organize the cards afterwards. Anyone have any ideas?

Edited 1470859215
The Aaron
Roll20 Production Team
API Scripter
Hmm.  It isn't currently possible to have a deck in a fixed order.  That should definitely be a suggestion though (or rolled into one of the existing card  suggestions ). A few possible solutions: If you need card mechanics and... ...you are having players draw the card, you might have to make a deck for each date in order to have them "draw" the right card.   ...you are flipping the cards up, you could deal yourself all of the cards, pick the right one and play it on the table, then recall all the cards from hands back to the deck. You could use a  rollable table token and just adjust the index to the right day for a rollable table token on the table. You could just have the face images in your library and place them like a token. Thoughts?
I went through the same thing and a rollable table ended up being my solution. &nbsp;That way you can have the cards for the days in the proper order and&nbsp;easily select a new one each day. Also, if you have access to the API, consider using Aaron's TableExport script ( <a href="https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/1144568/slug%7D" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/1144568/slug%7D</a> ). &nbsp;If you set it up right, it'll simply be a bunch of copy/pasting and changing the file name of the image to import the table.