Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

[5e Shaped] 6.1.0+

Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
D&D 5e Shaped Character Sheet This is the redesigned Shaped character sheet for use on Roll20.net with the 5th edition of Dungeons & Dragons (5e). The sheet is designed to be usable by all Roll20 users regardless of subscription level. If you are updating an existing campaign I highly recommend you duplicate your campaign and use that to copy data over. I also recommend starting each character from a fresh sheet. Shaped Character Sheet Companion Script Documentation Please report any bugs in the issues tab or on this thread. They will however be tracked on the issues tab Features High performance sheet without the lag of old versions (100% sheet workers) Improved styling to match the 5e paper sheet with nearly all elements clickable to output to chat Compendium Integration for NPCs, Armor, Equipment, Spells, Weapons NPC actions and traits are parsed and clickable. Customizable skills with the option to change the ability on the fly Translations (English and French so far) Auto populated Class Features which include things like Lay on Hands or Sneak Attack Spells with filtering and the option to cast at a higher level Customizable Classes - Change Name, HD, or spellcasting level of the classes Armor - Covers normal armor as well as unarmored ability cases like monk, barbarian, etc. Equipment with gold and weight automatically calculated. Equipment Items are clickable from the core page for items like Potion of Healing Attachers can be used to remind yourself to add to saving throws while within 10 feet of your paladin Extra features: Jack of all trades, halfling luck, vision, movement, appearance. Settings for how to output all rolls, death saves, initiative, etc Roll settings to choose to always roll with advantage, disadvantage, or query for both Optional bonuses to all skills, abilities, saving throws, etc. How to Update the sheet yourself (as Pro): Copy the html from github In Roll20 go to campaign settings and choose a custom character sheet. Choose D&D 5e as the SRD In the HTML tab paste the HTML code Copy the css from github On Roll20 in the CSS tab paste the CSS code. Copy the translation from the appropriate file on github (en is English, fr is French, de is German, it is Italian, etc) On Roll20 in the Translation tab paste the JSON from the appropriate file. Hit save. Contribute Since many have asked for it: If you appreciate what I do and want to compensate me for the countless hours that I have spent building this character sheet feel free to support me on Patreon or Paypal ( <a href="mailto:mlenser@gmail.com" rel="nofollow">mlenser@gmail.com</a> ). Thanks so much for your support. This Patreon campaign is not affiliated with Roll20; as such, contributions are voluntary and Roll20 cannot provide support or refunds for contributions.

Edited 1473625573
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
6.1.0 (2016-08-07) Features OGL Conversion for NPCs is near complete. This is&nbsp;useful for new modules like Lost Mine of Phandelver. You just have to switch to the Shaped sheet and once you open a sheet it'll do the conversion (only once). 95% of cases will likely work. I'm unsure if I'll be able to fix all the minor issues before I go on vacation. Likely a few issues. Here are those I am aware of: weapons like "3 (1d6-1) bludgeoning damage plus 3 (1d6) poison damage" aren't converting both damage &nbsp;Fixed in 6.1.2. See&nbsp;<a href="https://app.roll20.net/forum/permalink/3956088/" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/forum/permalink/3956088/</a> PC&nbsp;Conversion: convert "attacks" to repeating attacks convert "repeating_inventory" to equipment. "itemcount" to "qty", "itemname", "itemweight", "equipped" convert "repeating_spell-cantrip", "repeating_spell-1" etc to "repeating_spells". "spellname_base", "spellprepared", "spellschool", "spellritual", "spellcastingtime", "spellrange", "spelltarget" to "target", "spellcomp_v" and "spellcomp_s" and "spellcomp_m" and "spellcomp_materials", "spellconcentration", "spellduration", "spelloutput", "spelldescription", "spellathigherlevels" convert ac to some armor Updating default_ability now changes the abilities for all spells. attack ability, damage ability, second damage&nbsp;ability, heal&nbsp;ability, saving throw ability. Fixed import of "melee or ranged" actions to now be melee Saving throws from srd(or conversion) now properly put bonuses for saving throws above the proficiency bonus. Typically this is double prof. I'm hoping to be able to at least fix any NPC issues before I go on vacation, but this should work for nearly all NPCs.
Hey Kryx! We just now had a little problem with the new version 6.0.4 available for non-pro members. Currently the new traits and features sections that shows just a fraction of the text - which I like by the way, especially for Rogues and Monks with many features! - does not seem to show a scroll bar in Firefox and can't be scrolled using the mouse wheel. In Chrome the problem does not exist and everything works fine.
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Firefox has no ability to modify scrollbars. See&nbsp; <a href="http://stackoverflow.com/questions/6165472/custom-" rel="nofollow">http://stackoverflow.com/questions/6165472/custom-</a>... and&nbsp; <a href="http://stackoverflow.com/questions/25480565/how-ca" rel="nofollow">http://stackoverflow.com/questions/25480565/how-ca</a>... Unfortunately that means firefox is stuck with their default scrollbar thing which doesn't seem to work as it requires a click? As always I recommend using Chrome.
Few minor hiccups after latest update: We had to recheck the "attack" checkbox for weapons and relevant spells. The advantage / disadvantage buttons did not roll 2d20 when using the API. We had to either use Roll 2 or turn off the API Also experienced the cutoff trait text in Firefox; however, it does output to the chat in the full form. Other than that, looking good!

Edited 1470608017
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
TheWebCoder said: We had to recheck the "attack" checkbox for weapons and relevant spells. Going to 6.1.0? From 6.0.4? That shouldn't be the case.. Any info you can specify here would be helpful. TheWebCoder said: The advantage / disadvantage buttons did not roll 2d20 when using the API. We had to either use Roll 2 or turn off the API Did this only happen in a game while others are around? Go back and try again out of game. I expect it'll work. No idea why this happens.

Edited 1470608946
Kryx said: TheWebCoder said: We had to recheck the "attack" checkbox for weapons and relevant spells. Going to 6.1.0? From 6.0.4? That shouldn't be the case.. Any info you can specify here would be helpful. TheWebCoder said: The advantage / disadvantage buttons did not roll 2d20 when using the API. We had to either use Roll 2 or turn off the API Did this only happen in a game while others are around? Go back and try again out of game. I expect it'll work. No idea why this happens. 6.04. By the way, I don't use the GIT versions, so I only ever get a sheet update when one rolls out on Roll20. However, I work on the game almost daily, so I usually get the updates on the day they're released. The adv / disadv not rolling 2d20 issue happened while we were in the game. I haven't tested it solo. I also forgot to mention that all spell effect entries had the values wiped and the checkbox unchecked.

Edited 1470609457
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
If you're not using the github version then that attack toggle happened in 6.0.1. Spell effects were renamed in 6.0.4. Renaming conversion didn't seem to take. Both of these issues are difficult to reproduce without you me being provided with the original data set to examine what went wrong. From all my tests they worked, but it seems they don't. regarding advantage: try it again solo. I'd guess it works.
is there a way to have a macro have the same function as the button on the character sheet such as skills, spells or saving throws. so i don't have to keep opening my character sheet every time. thanks in advance
joshua c. said: is there a way to have a macro have the same function as the button on the character sheet such as skills, spells or saving throws. so i don't have to keep opening my character sheet every time. thanks in advance The&nbsp; Documentation document goes through the commands you can use to make those macros. If you get Pro down the line, the companion script can create the macros for you (among other things).
joshua c. said: is there a way to have a macro have the same function as the button on the character sheet such as skills, spells or saving throws. so i don't have to keep opening my character sheet every time. thanks in advance You can drag them right into the macro quick bar too.
TheWebCoder said: joshua c. said: is there a way to have a macro have the same function as the button on the character sheet such as skills, spells or saving throws. so i don't have to keep opening my character sheet every time. thanks in advance You can drag them right into the macro quick bar too. oh wow i cant believe i never thought of trying that. thank you

Edited 1470754978
You can drag them right into the macro quick bar too. oh wow i cant believe i never thought of trying that. thank you The beauty of that method is the macro still works (and updates) if you change the values for it on the sheet. For example, let's say you drag "weapon1" to the macro quick bar and at that time weapon1 is a longsword. If you then change weapon1 on the sheet to a longbow, the macro down in the bar will update automatically. Huge time saver.
Is that something that only works on this sheet? I can drag a skill on this sheet, but not a different one. Just curious.

Edited 1470776544
Robert D. said: Is that something that only works on this sheet? I can drag a skill on this sheet, but not a different one. Just curious. There are... other sheets?! ;-) Little joke there. I think just about everything in the Roll20 character sheets is basically custom, including drag n' drop. I could be wrong though.
I get to play for the first time in a star wars game coming up, and this feature got me excited. It doesn't seem to be implemented there though. Sorry for hijacking the thread.
You can drag them right into the macro quick bar too. oh wow i cant believe i never thought of trying that. thank you I got a few PMs about how to do this: The character cannot be popped out for it work. Start with the sheet opened normally inside of the Roll20 window. Click and hold and drag the item you wish to make into a macro. It will turn into a draggable card. Pull that down into your Macro Quick Bar (which must be enabled in the settings window ) Right click the macro in the Quick Bar and rename it to something that makes sense to you. Adding a color is nice too.
TheWebCoder said: Few minor hiccups after latest update: We had to recheck the "attack" checkbox for weapons and relevant spells. The advantage / disadvantage buttons did not roll 2d20 when using the API. We had to either use Roll 2 or turn off the API Also experienced the cutoff trait text in Firefox; however, it does output to the chat in the full form. Other than that, looking good! I had the same issue. all the attack checkmarks got unmarked in the latest update (spells and weapons)
It happened to me on both of the last two updates. I'm starting to hope my players get confused and think it was just once. :)
Might be doing something wrong, but if Stealth is checked on armor(which I assume is to indicate the armor imposes disadvantage on Stealth checks), rolling Stealth from the sheet doesn't impose disadvantage automatically. Pretty new to the sheet so maybe this isn't a feature that is in, but everything else works so well it caught me off guard. :)

Edited 1470979561
I noticed just yesterday that halfling luck, although enabled, doesn't effect a re-roll on attacks nor ability checks. Version 6.0.4 new character and shortbow and shortsword weapons dragged from SRD. Using Roll2 output. Edit: OK, I looked through the chat log and it seems to be intermittent. On one of the attacks with the shortbow the first number was a 1 (not re-rolled) and the result was highlighted red, the second of the roll2 numbers was re-rolled.

Edited 1470987891
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Can you provide a screenshot? Rerolling a 1 being intermittent is impossible as far as I'm aware. Ryan, adding stealth to armor just changes how stealth rolls. You can do so in edit mode as well. Change it to roll with disadvantage.
Not that particular roll but here are two; This one showing that luck did not kick in and this one showing it did (at least, I assume the greyed out 1 is the original roll of 1 and the 17 is the re-roll Weird, but not impossible. And I've made lots of rolls to test and it always fails with the first roll but always functions ok with the second roll. Then I tried using normal setting for rolls and it will fail.
Kryx, would it be possible to output the level that a spell was cast at (maybe like 1st Level spell cast as 2nd level or cast as ritual) or something like that? I am trying to write a spell slot decrementer and it would make that much easier. &nbsp;I know that feature had to be pulled from the companion script and I don't know if it would solve those problems as well. &nbsp;

Edited 1471031118
I appears that the Normal roll and the First roll of the roll 2 do not have the ro&lt;1 in the roll, all others have it. My group ran into that last night also. Sheet version 6.0.4 (Roll20 Version, not GitHub) edit: Grammer

Edited 1471031802
Another error we encountered: An NPC was setup with a crossbow &nbsp;but when rolling the attack it lists dex in the comment part of the roll, but the damage lists Str . It is still using the correct value, just the comment part is incorrect. In this case the NPC has a +1 DEX mod and +2 STR mod. Edit: Upon resetting and reselecting the damage stat the output was correct. So it appears to be a sheet upgrade error, Unfortunatly I don't recall what the sheet version was when the NPC was created.
Jakob
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Ken M. said: Kryx, would it be possible to output the level that a spell was cast at (maybe like 1st Level spell cast as 2nd level or cast as ritual) or something like that? I am trying to write a spell slot decrementer and it would make that much easier. &nbsp;I know that feature had to be pulled from the companion script and I don't know if it would solve those problems as well. &nbsp; That's already the case?
Jakob said: Ken M. said: Kryx, would it be possible to output the level that a spell was cast at (maybe like 1st Level spell cast as 2nd level or cast as ritual) or something like that? I am trying to write a spell slot decrementer and it would make that much easier. &nbsp;I know that feature had to be pulled from the companion script and I don't know if it would solve those problems as well. &nbsp; That's already the case? It doesn't do that for magic missile
Other than magic missile or any other spell that may behave differently, I have a functioning spell slot script (at least for simple casters like wizard and cleric) &nbsp;I realize that magic missile is a bit of a special case. &nbsp;My script also has a command to manually decrement the slots. &nbsp;I am happy to share it and get feedback.
Ken, Alexander H. posted in another thread: "Magic Missile only requires one damage roll, which is then applied to each bolt. You don't have to roll for damage multiple times, you only need one roll, which is then applied to all of the bolts. This answer links to two tweets, and also explains exactly how it works (including how it interacts with Empowered Evocation). Rolling for each bolt is a common houserule, though, but you can avoid a lot of the hassle by doing it "by the book"."
John S. said: Ken, Alexander H. posted in another thread: "Magic Missile only requires one damage roll, which is then applied to each bolt. You don't have to roll for damage multiple times, you only need one roll, which is then applied to all of the bolts. This answer links to two tweets, and also explains exactly how it works (including how it interacts with Empowered Evocation). Rolling for each bolt is a common houserule, though, but you can avoid a lot of the hassle by doing it "by the book"." Thanks John, I understand all of that, the issue from a script standpoint is that magic missile can still be cast at higher levels and it would still be nice to have that "cast as" in the roll so that the script can automatically decrement. &nbsp;that may not be practical,, that is why my script has a command to do it manually as well. &nbsp;I may need to add exclusions to the auto decrement for spells like magic missile, I don't think its the only one.
There are other spells that would fall into this category. The other that comes to mind is Scorching Ray, which has a different attack roll for each beam and the number of beams is based on the spell level.
Ken M. said: John S. said: Ken, Alexander H. posted in another thread: "Magic Missile only requires one damage roll, which is then applied to each bolt. You don't have to roll for damage multiple times, you only need one roll, which is then applied to all of the bolts. This answer links to two tweets, and also explains exactly how it works (including how it interacts with Empowered Evocation). Rolling for each bolt is a common houserule, though, but you can avoid a lot of the hassle by doing it "by the book"." Thanks John, I understand all of that, the issue from a script standpoint is that magic missile can still be cast at higher levels and it would still be nice to have that "cast as" in the roll so that the script can automatically decrement. &nbsp;that may not be practical,, that is why my script has a command to do it manually as well. &nbsp;I may need to add exclusions to the auto decrement for spells like magic missile, I don't think its the only one. Not sure why your Magic Missile isn't set with a "cast as" but mine is. This is from one of my NPCs (spell imported via the Companion Script). Also, any spell which does have the ability to be cast at higher levels, you can just tick the "Higher Level" box in the spell to get the prompt and the "as #" text after the normal cast level if it applies. I believe the code in the roll template that deals with it is "{{cast_as_level=}} {{cast_as_level=@{Navarra Brightwood|higher_level_query_1}}}" (where "Navarra Brightwood" is the character name of the spellcaster and "higher_level_query_1" is to launch the query box to cast at a higher level (the 1 being because it was a 1st level spell cast))
BP said: There are other spells that would fall into this category. The other that comes to mind is Scorching Ray, which has a different attack roll for each beam and the number of beams is based on the spell level. Also, the ability to add CHA mod to only one of those rolls from Elemental Affinity &nbsp;(per Crawford clarification).
OK, so it looks like my problem comes from spells imported from compendium vs the script. &nbsp;the script version shows cast as, but the compendium version does not.
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
I would always recommend using the script for importing. Fyi I'm on vacation so I'll miss any issues if there are ones it'd be easiest for me to put them on github or somehow compile a list for when I'm back.
Have a good vacation!&nbsp;
Does anybody know a good way to export the character sheet to pdf or print it out? A few of my players would like to stay in the dark ages and hold their characters in their hands on sheepskins instead of looking at the character sheet in game.&nbsp;
Actually, all my players would like that option. Don't think it exists and don't know if it is possible. Seems like it would be easy since this sheet mimics the official sheet, but I'm no programmer.
Export to PDF is not currently possible, and I don't know if the Roll20 interface allows it. You could post a request in the&nbsp; Suggestion forum as it would not be a sheet specific idea.
Gary W. said: Does anybody know a good way to export the character sheet to pdf or print it out? A few of my players would like to stay in the dark ages and hold their characters in their hands on sheepskins instead of looking at the character sheet in game.&nbsp; My players did this from Firefox, but I'm sure Chrome would work too. Steps: 1) Open your character sheet and then pop it out into its own window 2) Select only 1 tab at a time: 1-core, 2-spells, 3-equip, 4-character 3) Print page 1 at 80% magnification (that was the right size for our printer, so nothing was cut off) 4) Repeat for pages 2-4
thanks- that is pretty much what I suggested as well. Just figured I would check.&nbsp;
BP said: Export to PDF is not currently possible, and I don't know if the Roll20 interface allows it. You could post a request in the&nbsp; Suggestion forum as it would not be a sheet specific idea. There is a suggestion in the suggestion forum&nbsp; here .
I read thru, so I hope i didn't miss anything if this question has been asked already... But how do you quickly set which skills a character is proficient in? &nbsp;Is there a toggle or do I go add 2 to each skill? Using 6.1.0 from your links on here set in the custom section. I have a feeling this is something staring me in the face.. heheheheh! &nbsp;Thanks.
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Edit mode and then in the skills section change the proficient select to proficient.
Kryx said: Edit mode and then in the skills section change the proficient select to proficient. Hhahahah &nbsp;Ok, I see! There are diff options depending on the toggle. &nbsp;Got it! Thanks!
Hello again, not sure if I am doing something wrong in the spells section, but I don't seem to get higher levels to work. &nbsp;I've tried this on a few spells but I'll show Ice Knife as an example. &nbsp;Here is my setup... Now, for just using the level given and just hitting submit for level one, it works...&nbsp; Now, when I select the same spell and choose 2nd level, I get the error So, I am not sure if it is an error in the spells because this is happening with more then just this spell, so I thought I would ask. &nbsp;I have tried this with both the git links copied and pasted version of the sheet, as well as the drop down list of the sheet. &nbsp;Anyone else have this happening? &nbsp;Thanks!!!
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
You need to change the higher level for the second dice for ice knife as that is the cold damage. Currently you have it setup to increase the piercing.
Kryx said: You need to change the higher level for the second dice for ice knife as that is the cold damage. Currently you have it setup to increase the piercing. Ok, so the first slot is for the first damage, and the second is the second damage... &nbsp;ok, I'll do some checking, but then that makes me ask what the third "die" slot is for? &nbsp;Thanks!
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Dice is for the number. Die is for the size.
Kryx said: Dice is for the number. Die is for the size. No, I mean the third slot... Thanks