Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

New to building campaigns using 5E, not sure how the scripts compare.

So this is a weird topic, but whatever. I am very used to setting up Pathfinder campaigns, it's simple and straightfowards since there's a plain-text online SRD of monster statblocks, and a simple script I can import those statblocks into a new character entry, populated with token-action macros for all it's attacks, skills, and other rolls. 5E has...none of this. Not even the remote ability to function like this, as far as I can tell. There's no place to get statblocks from except the Compendium, but those aren't formatted properly, and the only sheet that supports an importing script doesn't do token actions, so I still have to have Character Sheet windows cluttering my view. Am I missing something here?

Edited 1470991787
Jakob
Sheet Author
API Scripter
You are indeed missing something. The  5E Shaped Companion script does Token action creation from character sheet actions Import from statblock Import from database (if you have the correct data, -> PM) Spell import from database (as above) (not a feature of the script, but of the sheet, and unnecessary with the above, but still worth mentioning) drag&drop from SRD It has all the comforts you could want.
Scott C.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Yep, the 5e setup is pretty much the dream for pathfinder.
Also the OGL sheets, you can drag and drop from the SRD. In addition, you can make default token macros for the OGL. %{selected|npc_init} etc.