Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Chrome: if notifications are turned off, cant right click to delete art asset

Came across this randomly. I was deleting some art assets in the game sidebar by right clicking them and choosing delete. Every time I deleted something I was given a notification window asking if I was sure I wanted to delete the item. I got a little tired of this, and clicked the button "prevent this dialog box from opening again." After that, I could not delete items. I'd use the right click menu to delete, and nothing would happen. I re-enabled the notification window through the chrome settings (you can do this in advanced setting/privacy-content setting), restarted the browser, and it worked fine afterwards.
Pat S.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
It is a form of two step confirmation. When you disabled part of it, you basically stopped the process. It came into being due to many people, over the last few years, complaining about it was to easy to delete an asset by mistake.

Edited 1471083659
Well, if it's intentional there should be a warning that turning off the notification will disable deletion capabilities. If I had notifications off initially I would have never figured this out. Honestly, it would be better to simply add a trash can feature like standard UIs. Then it would be very difficult to ever accidentally delete anything.