Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

[D&D 5e OGL] Creating NPCs quickly?

Is there a quick and easy way with this sheet to create NPCs? Like if I need a halfling bard, can I drag'n'drop something from the compendium on the sheet or something to fill out basic values? If not, how do you guys do it?
I often will drag in NPCs from the OGL and reskin them. But if there's some way to feed NPC data into a sheet, I'd love to hear about it! Heck, I wish I could buy a pack of prefab drag and drop NPC stats from the Marketplace. 
What does "drag in NPCs fromt he OGL" mean and how do you do it?

Edited 1472769017
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
Justin said: What does "drag in NPCs fromt he OGL" mean and how do you do it? 5e and Pathfinder have an SRD Rules  Compendium on roll20.  If the DM has enabled it in the game settings, you will see an additional tab in the sidebar.  You can literally drag sections of the compendium from the sidebar onto your character sheet and it will automatically fill-in the appropriate attribute fields.  Very handy for things like spells, and monsters.
Thank you, Vince! Right, so when you drag in a monster to a brand new character sheet... some of those monsters are humanoids, like the Assassin, Guard, Veteran, Bandit Captain, and the like. Or you can pick some other monster and just pretend it's a halfling or whatever. That's what I mean by reskinning. However, I don't think there are any bards in the OGL, so you'd have to build one from scratch -- but you can still drag in the spells of your choosing and the like.
I found a site this week called&nbsp;<a href="http://rpgtinker.com/" rel="nofollow">http://rpgtinker.com/</a> it's an interesting site where you can quickly make NPCs by simply choosing some options and it spits out the name and all. &nbsp;It even will assign spells to a caster class like a bard or wizard.
Ohhh, that is VERY nice! (I still wish there were an easy way to import them, though.)
Would be really nice to have something like a library where you can drag'n'drop out npcs... including a token and a small npc character sheet with basic values and skills for a class. Like "elvish archer" or "dwarf paladin", something like that. Would make improvised rpg, where you just need some pop-up characters, so much easier.