Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Pages thrown out of order by new Page.

Deightine
KS Backer
Sheet Author
I was doing some preliminary layout (in Chrome 19.0.1084.41) for a possible one-shot campaign, when I hit the end of the line while making New Pages and naming them in advance. That's when I hit the 9th new page, and as I hit new page, the Untitled page popped up in the middle of the stack, displacing one of the ones I had already named to the end of the stack. So I moved them around to fix the order, and created another new one, scrolling off the page to look for it... and it didn't show up. Instead, the 7th page I'd already made (the initial page plus 6) suddenly popped to the end, while the Untitled took up the second spot. Then I noticed several of them were out of order. Fixed it manually, left the campaign and re-opened; everything fine. Hit Create New Page, and this time it popped up at the end. It looks like it either suddenly displays them out of order, or its actually changing their positions in the order when a new page is made... but seemingly at random.
Noted, thanks.
Deightine
KS Backer
Sheet Author
Alright, an update on what seems to be happening. I reproduced it again tonight, with a different campaign environment. 1. I enter the campaign. 2. Open Pages. 3. Create Page. 4. Rename new Untitled page. 5. Go to the page, edit it to the size I wanted 30x33. 6. Insert map image on the Map layer. 7. Leave page (went back to page 1) 8. Exit Roll20 (using exit button). 9. Re-enter Campaign 10. Last page created (#9) is suddenly in the #4 spot in the Page list. 11. Moved it back to the #7 spot. 12. Exited via Exit button. 13. Re-enter Campaign. 14. Pages appear to be fine. So, looking at the problem, I'd guess that when the page is created, it gets set with a pre-determined position... Then, either when I move it, it doesn't change that value, or when I edited the size of the map, it wiped that value out. Then when I closed it out and logged in to check on it, it had moved to spot #4. Why 4? No clue. But then when I drag and drop it at the end, a variable is set with its position as space #7. So now it is staying there. Could just be a strange habit of the display forloop that lays them out, or how the data is being stored. Is it in an array or something? It could be that something assigning the variable is assigning the wrong one, or a static variable, during the creation of the New Page. But that's just me trying to be helpful. Could be something totally unrelated. Hard to tell from within the GUI.
Page management could be an issue. With them being called "campaigns", that implies dozens if not hundreds of pages -- if pages is always just 1 row, that's going to be impossible to manage. I see myself using each "campaign" as a "session" or "module" or "adventure" -- a campaign will comprise of many.