Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Mutants and Masterminds Third Edition. Mondays Evenings CDT. No-Skype player looking for group.

Any questions? Ask me anything about anything.
if you find a group tell me im looking for one to
i have a camp i can run just not an experienced mandm dm
I'd be interested in a game.
What does mandm dm mean? Chris: We're still looking for a GM, know any MnM3e GMs for Monday afternoon-evenings?
I wish I did. Just trying to show the interest so maybe we can convince one to make a game.
I am interested in running, but 1) my confidence is shot 2) I still haven't decided on villains! I'm willing to do the work, I just need a lead GM to take some of the decision making responcibilities off of me.

Edited 1381437737
i can do that message me if you still need a gm to make decisions.
If we can get this to take off, what style of game is everyone looking for? I will do everything I can as a player to make the GM's life easier. I just don't want to GM for a while. My nerves are shot from that as well.
ummm 3e for me pref but up to gm otherwise i have a campaign i can host but i am not a experienced mutants and masterminds gm.
I meant more style of play.... more grit like watchmen or 4-color like justice league cartoon.
Time: Monday Afternoon Central Time (CDT Currently, will be CST in early November) System: Mutants and Masterminds Third Edition, I have paperbacks. Check out <a href="http://www.d20herosrd.com" rel="nofollow">www.d20herosrd.com</a> for free rules. How realistic? How much and what kinds of magic? How lethal is the combat for the heroes, for the player characters, for the villains, for the bystanders, for the dime-a-dozen thugs? How big of an area are the player characters expected to patrol and protect? What is the tech level of the society? How long have there been super heroes? How far reaching are the effects of the player characters choices?
My take on your questions. Hope this helps. How realistic? How lethal is the combat for the heroes, for the player characters, for the villains, for the bystanders, for the dime-a-dozen thugs? - I'd like to keep the realism high and the lethality along realistic levels. Being beat to death might take a little more than using a knife or a gun unless you're sporting Str that allows you to throw around buicks. How big of an area are the player characters expected to patrol and protect? -Maybe for ease let's keep it to a city. Keep it more street level rather than saving the world on a daily basis. How much and what kinds of magic? -Magic exists but is still regulated to the fringes of society. Even with real magic staring people in the face they may think it just some fancy camera trick or stage illusion. What is the tech level of the society? -Again for ease let's say modern day with a twist. There will be some things out there that by using powers will exceed our understanding but it's not the norm. How long have there been super heroes? -I like the idea that there have always been superheroes around in one form or another but they have always tried to keep themselves quiet. Or someone/something has kept them quiet. It's only been the last couple of years that superheros have become well-known and recognized as a real thing. Personally, I am a fan of the street level batman type world. Something along the lines of the Red Hood movie. what do you guys think.
An aside about magic: Sanderson’s First Law of Magics: An author’s ability to solve conflict with magic is DIRECTLY PROPORTIONAL to how well the reader understands said magic. The supernatural exists players are free to use it in some form or other. No effect that the player can control whatsoever may be called "Magic" or use "Magic" as a descriptor. Turn instead to terms like Arcane, Occult, Sorcery, Psionics, Divination, etc. these are all fine! These alternate terms suggest rules, predictability. Magic is by definition what is not understood. "Magic" as a descriptor is not predictable, not controllable. No one that uses what the mundane bystander would call magic calls what they do "magic" when having a serious conversation about what they do to others who also use that same flavor of the supernatural... For example, Sorcerers would discuss with one another the natures of their contracts. Hermetic Wizards would compare notes of their arcane studies. "Magic" in my mind is a derogatory term to someone who understands the supernatural powers they wield.
You forgot to ask, "Do you feel the campaign should be serious business, or would you be ok with a game where the main villain is a shark that's figured out technology?"
i can host one if you guys want. i have one that i have had set up for a while now.

Edited 1381639208
I've been trying to get into a M&amp;M game for a long time now but haven't had any luck. I've considered running a couple but I really don't feel I have the experience to run something. I really want to try play and running the Emerald City Knights series. But any game is good right now.
Mine is a custom campaign based on the Metroid prime 2 Ing Swarm
From experience I would not recommend running a custom setting for a first campaign.
Please tell us more about your game Christian H.?
Yes please do.
I'd be interested...I have the MAM books and have read them, but have never played and would like to.
I'd like to hear your ideas Christian
pl 12 based on a dark force creating a second earth in a seperate dimension. If not stopped the force will eradicate the original earth. It is based on metroid prime 2 with no samus lol. I have hosted other mutants and masterminds campaigns so the system is not foriegn to me.
Sounds fairly interesting. Would you be willing to GM, perchance?
sure
Awesome. Shoot me a message / invite whenever, I'd love to play (schedule permitting).
Agreed, I am fairly interested. How can I help?
SAme here, I'd be interested in playing

Edited 1382100307
ill get the maps today we can start sunday if everyone is up for it
pl 12 no mind control
pm me or skype me long bong von hugen dong for additional rules
pm me if interested so i can get a head count
Is this going to be Sun or Mon because that will make a difference for me?
didnt get enough people to start it sorry
Mutants and Masterminds Third Edition. Mondays Evenings CDT. No-Skype player looking for group. I am officially still looking.
I'm interested, if it's still going to happen!
I think I should start a new thread.