Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Multi skill macro buton help

Edited 1471865967
Pedro B.
Translator
Hello, I find very slowgamer and annoying having to navigate the character sheets in order to find the proper button. I have spend considerable time building macros for my NPC to avoid this, and I would love to get a button to roll any skill on a list. I only GM Pathfinder. I have made many effords to try to do macros that read from the character sheet myself,  but on this one I did not succede. What I have done is A general macro called  skill_list   is the list of skills checks as spelled in the character sheet macros Short version of the macro :  ?{Skill | Acrobatics,Acrobatics-check | Apparise,Apparise-check } An Ability in the PNJ that is just  %{@{character_name}| #skills_list } The problem is that the % forces the command to look for the ability BEFORE the  #skills_list macro is resolved, so it displays an error. The funny thing is that after this the Ability shows in screen the correct text needed inside the curly brackets in order to call the Ability. The output is: No ability was found for %{ Acrobatics,Acrobatics-check | Apparise,Apparise-check } (GM): PNJName | Acrobatics-check Is there any way to bypass this or to implement another command that works as % but after every macro inside the brackets is solved?  

Edited 1471868969
chris b.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
We are building a skill button now in beta, so it should be available in about a week. It would be similar to the attack and spell buttons. Print a list of skills in chat, and the user can then click on one and roll the skill.&nbsp; it could then be dragged to the macro bar so you don't have to open the sheet. Also i use the one here which creates a dropdown query: go to the "all skills query" <a href="https://wiki.roll20.net/Pathfinder_Character_Sheet" rel="nofollow">https://wiki.roll20.net/Pathfinder_Character_Sheet</a>

Edited 1471872813
Scott C.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Try this Pedro: Gah, I'll have to post it when I'm back on my comp. ?{Skills|Acrobatics +@{Acrobatics} | @{Acrobatics-ranks} Ranks,@{PC-whisper} &{template:pf_generic} &nbsp;{{color=@{rolltemplate_color} }} {{header_image=@{header_image-pf_generic} }} {{character_name=@{character_name} }} {{character_id=@{character_id} }} {{name=Acrobatics }} {{Check=[[ @{skill-query} + [[ @{Acrobatics} ]] ]] }}|Appraise +@{Appraise} | @{Appraise-ranks} Ranks,@{PC-whisper} &{template:pf_generic} &nbsp;{{c olor=@{rolltemplate_color} }} {{header_image=@{header_image-pf_generic} }} {{character_name=@{character_name} }} {{character_id=@{character_id} }} {{name=Appraise }} {{Check=[[ @{skill-query} + [[ @{Appraise} ]] ]] }}|Bluff +@{Bluff} | @{Bluff-ranks} Ranks,@{PC-whisper} &{template:pf_generic} &nbsp;{{color=@{rolltemplate_color} }} {{header_image=@{header_image-pf_generic} }} {{character_name=@{character_name} }} {{character_id=@{character_id} }} {{name=Bluff }} {{Check=[[ @{skill-query} + [[ @{Bluff} ]] ]] }}|Climb +@{Climb} | @{Climb-ranks} Ranks,@{PC-whisper} &{template:pf_generic} &nbsp;{{color=@{rolltemplate_color} }} {{header_image=@{header_image-pf_generic} }} {{character_name=@{character_name} }} {{character_id=@{character_id} }} {{name=Climb }} {{Check=[[ @{skill-query} + [[ @{Climb} ]] ]] }}|Craft +@{Craft} | @{Craft-ranks} Ranks,@{PC-whisper} &{template:pf_generic} &nbsp;{{color=@{rolltemplate_color} }} {{header_image=@{header_image-pf_generic} }} {{character_name=@{character_name} }} {{character_id=@{character_id} }} {{name=Craft }} {{Check=[[ @{skill-query} + [[ @{Craft} ]] ]] }}|Diplomacy +@{Diplomacy} | @{Diplomacy-ranks} Ranks,@{PC-whisper} &{template:pf_generic} &nbsp;{{color=@{rolltemplate_color} }} {{header_image=@{header_image-pf_generic} }} {{character_name=@{character_name} }} {{character_id=@{character_id} }} {{name=Diplomacy }} {{Check=[[ @{skill-query} + [[ @{Diplomacy} ]] ]] }}|Disable Device +@{Disable-Device} | @{Disable-Device-ranks} Ranks,@{PC-whisper} &{template:pf_generic} &nbsp;{{color=@{rolltemplate_color} }} {{header_image=@{header_image-pf_generic} }} {{character_name=@{character_name} }} {{character_id=@{character_id} }} {{name=Disable Device }} {{Check=[[ @{skill-query} + [[ @{Disable-Device} ]] ]] }}|Disguise +@{Disguise} | @{Disguise-ranks} Ranks,@{PC-whisper} &{template:pf_generic} &nbsp;{{color=@{rolltemplate_color} }} {{header_image=@{header_image-pf_generic} }} {{character_name=@{character_name} }} {{character_id=@{character_id} }} {{name=Disguise }} {{Check=[[ @{skill-query} + [[ @{Disguise} ]] ]] }}|Escape Artist +@{Escape-Artist} | @{Escape-Artist-ranks} Ranks,@{PC-whisper} &{template:pf_generic} &nbsp;{{color=@{rolltemplate_color} }} {{header_image=@{header_image-pf_generic} }} {{character_name=@{character_name} }} {{character_id=@{character_id} }} {{name=Escape Artist }} {{Check=[[ @{skill-query} + [[ @{Escape-Artist} ]] ]] }}|Fly +@{Fly} | @{Fly-ranks} Ranks,@{PC-whisper} &{template:pf_generic} &nbsp;{{color=@{rolltemplate_color} }} {{header_image=@{header_image-pf_generic} }} {{character_name=@{character_name} }} {{character_id=@{character_id} }} {{name=Fly }} {{Check=[[ @{skill-query} + [[ @{Fly} ]] ]] }}|Handle Animal +@{Handle-Animal} | @{Handle-Animal-ranks} Ranks,@{PC-whisper} &{template:pf_generic} &nbsp;{{color=@{rolltemplate_color} }} {{header_image=@{header_image-pf_generic} }} {{character_name=@{character_name} }} {{character_id=@{character_id} }} {{name=Handle Animal }} {{Check=[[ @{skill-query} + [[ @{Handle-Animal} ]] ]] }}|Heal +@{Heal} | @{Heal-ranks} Ranks,@{PC-whisper} &{template:pf_generic} &nbsp;{{color=@{rolltemplate_color} }} {{header_image=@{header_image-pf_generic} }} {{character_name=@{character_name} }} {{character_id=@{character_id} }} {{name=Heal }} {{Check=[[ @{skill-query} + [[ @{Heal} ]] ]] }}|Intimidate +@{Intimidate} | @{Intimidate-ranks} Ranks,@{PC-whisper} &{template:pf_generic} &nbsp;{{color=@{rolltemplate_color} }} {{header_image=@{header_image-pf_generic} }} {{character_name=@{character_name} }} {{character_id=@{character_id} }} {{name=Intimidate }} {{Check=[[ @{skill-query} + [[ @{Intimidate} ]] ]] }}|Knowledge(Arcana) +@{Knowledge-Arcana} | @{Knowledge-Arcana-ranks} Ranks,@{PC-whisper} &{template:pf_generic} &nbsp;{{color=@{rolltemplate_color} }} {{header_image=@{header_image-pf_generic} }} {{character_name=@{character_name} }} {{character_id=@{character_id} }} {{name=Knowledge(Arcana) }} {{Check=[[ @{skill-query} + [[ @{Knowledge-Arcana} ]] ]] }}|Knowledge(Dungeoneering) +@{Knowledge-Dungeoneering} | @{Knowledge-Dungeoneering-ranks} Ranks,@{PC-whisper} &{template:pf_generic} &nbsp;{{color=@{rolltemplate_color} }} {{header_image=@{header_image-pf_generic} }} {{character_name=@{character_name} }} {{character_id=@{character_id} }} {{name=Knowledge(Dungeoneering) }} {{Check=[[ @{skill-query} + [[ @{Knowledge-Dungeoneering} ]] ]] }}|Knowledge(Engineering) +@{Knowledge-Engineering} | @{Knowledge-Engineering-ranks} Ranks,@{PC-whisper} &{template:pf_generic} &nbsp;{{color=@{rolltemplate_color} }} {{header_image=@{header_image-pf_generic} }} {{character_name=@{character_name} }} {{character_id=@{character_id} }} {{name=Knowledge(Engineering) }} {{Check=[[ @{skill-query} + [[ @{Knowledge-Engineering} ]] ]] }}|Knowledge(Geography) +@{Knowledge-Geography} | @{Knowledge-Geography-ranks} Ranks,@{PC-whisper} &{template:pf_generic} &nbsp;{{color=@{rolltemplate_color} }} {{header_image=@{header_image-pf_generic} }} {{character_name=@{character_name} }} {{character_id=@{character_id} }} {{name=Knowledge(Geography) }} {{Check=[[ @{skill-query} + [[ @{Knowledge-Geography} ]] ]] }}|Knowledge(History) +@{Knowledge-History} | @{Knowledge-History-ranks} Ranks,@{PC-whisper} &{template:pf_generic} &nbsp;{{color=@{rolltemplate_color} }} {{header_image=@{header_image-pf_generic} }} {{character_name=@{character_name} }} {{character_id=@{character_id} }} {{name=Knowledge(History) }} {{Check=[[ @{skill-query} + [[ @{Knowledge-History} ]] ]] }}|Knowledge(Local) +@{Knowledge-Local} | @{Knowledge-Local-ranks} Ranks,@{PC-whisper} &{template:pf_generic} &nbsp;{{color=@{rolltemplate_color} }} {{header_image=@{header_image-pf_generic} }} {{character_name=@{character_name} }} {{character_id=@{character_id} }} {{name=Knowledge(Local) }} {{Check=[[ @{skill-query} + [[ @{Knowledge-Local} ]] ]] }}|Knowledge(Nature) +@{Knowledge-Nature} | @{Knowledge-Nature-ranks} Ranks,@{PC-whisper} &{template:pf_generic} &nbsp;{{color=@{rolltemplate_color} }} {{header_image=@{header_image-pf_generic} }} {{character_name=@{character_name} }} {{character_id=@{character_id} }} {{name=Knowledge(Nature) }} {{Check=[[ @{skill-query} + [[ @{Knowledge-Nature} ]] ]] }}|Knowledge(Nobility) +@{Knowledge-Nobility} | @{Knowledge-Nobility-ranks} Ranks,@{PC-whisper} &{template:pf_generic} &nbsp;{{color=@{rolltemplate_color} }} {{header_image=@{header_image-pf_generic} }} {{character_name=@{character_name} }} {{character_id=@{character_id} }} {{name=Knowledge(Nobility) }} {{Check=[[ @{skill-query} + [[ @{Knowledge-Nobility} ]] ]] }}|Knowledge(Planes) +@{Knowledge-Planes} | @{Knowledge-Planes-ranks} Ranks,@{PC-whisper} &{template:pf_generic} &nbsp;{{color=@{rolltemplate_color} }} {{header_image=@{header_image-pf_generic} }} {{character_name=@{character_name} }} {{character_id=@{character_id} }} {{name=Knowledge(Planes) }} {{Check=[[ @{skill-query} + [[ @{Knowledge-Planes} ]] ]] }}|Knowledge(Religion) +@{Knowledge-Religion} | @{Knowledge-Religion-ranks} Ranks,@{PC-whisper} &{template:pf_generic} &nbsp;{{color=@{rolltemplate_color} }} {{header_image=@{header_image-pf_generic} }} {{character_name=@{character_name} }} {{character_id=@{character_id} }} {{name=Knowledge(Religion) }} {{Check=[[ @{skill-query} + [[ @{Knowledge-Religion} ]] ]] }}|Linguistics +@{Linguistics} | @{Linguistics-ranks} Ranks,@{PC-whisper} &{template:pf_generic} &nbsp;{{color=@{rolltemplate_color} }} {{header_image=@{header_image-pf_generic} }} {{character_name=@{character_name} }} {{character_id=@{character_id} }} {{name=Linguistics }} {{Check=[[ @{skill-query} + [[ @{Linguistics} ]] ]] }}|Perception +@{Perception} | @{Perception-ranks} Ranks,@{PC-whisper} &{template:pf_generic} &nbsp;{{color=@{rolltemplate_color} }} {{header_image=@{header_image-pf_generic} }} {{character_name=@{character_name} }} {{character_id=@{character_id} }} {{name=Perception }} {{Check=[[ @{skill-query} + [[ @{Perception} ]] ]] }}|Perform +@{Perform} | @{Perform-ranks} Ranks,@{PC-whisper} &{template:pf_generic} &nbsp;{{color=@{rolltemplate_color} }} {{header_image=@{header_image-pf_generic} }} {{character_name=@{character_name} }} {{character_id=@{character_id} }} {{name=Perform }} {{Check=[[ @{skill-query} + [[ @{Perform} ]] ]] }}|Profession +@{Profession} | @{Profession-ranks} Ranks,@{PC-whisper} &{template:pf_generic} &nbsp;{{color=@{rolltemplate_color} }} {{header_image=@{header_image-pf_generic} }} {{character_name=@{character_name} }} {{character_id=@{character_id} }} {{name=Profession }} {{Check=[[ @{skill-query} + [[ @{Profession} ]] ]] }}|Ride +@{Ride} | @{Ride-ranks} Ranks,@{PC-whisper} &{template:pf_generic} &nbsp;{{color=@{rolltemplate_color} }} {{header_image=@{header_image-pf_generic} }} {{character_name=@{character_name} }} {{character_id=@{character_id} }} {{name=Ride }} {{Check=[[ @{skill-query} + [[ @{Ride} ]] ]] }}|Sense Motive +@{Sense-Motive} | @{Sense-Motive-ranks} Ranks,@{PC-whisper} &{template:pf_generic} &nbsp;{{color=@{rolltemplate_color} }} {{header_image=@{header_image-pf_generic} }} {{character_name=@{character_name} }} {{character_id=@{character_id} }} {{name=Sense Motive }} {{Check=[[ @{skill-query} + [[ @{Sense-Motive} ]] ]] }}|Sleight of Hand +@{Sleight-of-Hand} | @{Sleight-of-Hand-ranks} Ranks,@{PC-whisper} &{template:pf_generic} &nbsp;{{color=@{rolltemplate_color} }} {{header_image=@{header_image-pf_generic} }} {{character_name=@{character_name} }} {{character_id=@{character_id} }} {{name=Sleight of Hand }} {{Check=[[ @{skill-query} + [[ @{Sleight-of-Hand} ]] ]] }}|Spellcraft +@{Spellcraft} | @{Spellcraft-ranks} Ranks,@{PC-whisper} &{template:pf_generic} &nbsp;{{color=@{rolltemplate_color} }} {{header_image=@{header_image-pf_generic} }} {{character_name=@{character_name} }} {{character_id=@{character_id} }} {{name=Spellcraft }} {{Check=[[ @{skill-query} + [[ @{Spellcraft} ]] ]] }}|Stealth +@{Stealth} | @{Stealth-ranks} Ranks,@{PC-whisper} &{template:pf_generic} &nbsp;{{color=@{rolltemplate_color} }} {{header_image=@{header_image-pf_generic} }} {{character_name=@{character_name} }} {{character_id=@{character_id} }} {{name=Stealth }} {{Check=[[ @{skill-query} + [[ @{Stealth} ]] ]] }}|Survival +@{Survival} | @{Survival-ranks} Ranks,@{PC-whisper} &{template:pf_generic} &nbsp;{{color=@{rolltemplate_color} }} {{header_image=@{header_image-pf_generic} }} {{character_name=@{character_name} }} {{character_id=@{character_id} }} {{name=Survival }} {{Check=[[ @{skill-query} + [[ @{Survival} ]] ]] }}|Swim +@{Swim} | @{Swim-ranks} Ranks,@{PC-whisper} &{template:pf_generic} &nbsp;{{color=@{rolltemplate_color} }} {{header_image=@{header_image-pf_generic} }} {{character_name=@{character_name} }} {{character_id=@{character_id} }} {{name=Swim }} {{Check=[[ @{skill-query} + [[ @{Swim} ]] ]] }}|Use Magic Device +@{Use-Magic-Device} | @{Use-Magic-Device-ranks} Ranks,@{PC-whisper} &{template:pf_generic} &nbsp;{{color=@{rolltemplate_color} }} {{header_image=@{header_image-pf_generic} }} {{character_name=@{character_name} }} {{character_id=@{character_id} }} {{name=Use Magic Device }} {{Check=[[ @{skill-query} + [[ @{Use-Magic-Device} ]] ]] }}} Ok, now that I'm on my computer and can do html replacements by find and replace,&nbsp; here is the macro. I'm not gonna post it directly as it is rather large and is not pasting into code correctly atm. good luck, Scott
Thank you both, I was not expecting a solution so fast. This is exactly what I was looking for, I should study this macros in order to improve my personal ones. Scott's one is not properly working for me though, only the Acrobatics and 0 options appear on the list.
May I recommend you check out the "Skill Checks(Alternate)"&nbsp; example towards the bottom of <a href="https://wiki.roll20.net/Macros_-_Pathfinder_Exampl" rel="nofollow">https://wiki.roll20.net/Macros_-_Pathfinder_Exampl</a>... ?

Edited 1471877914
Pedro B.
Translator
Yes Indeed, this is even better. I am storing this page of macros in browser favourites