Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

[LFP] DnD 4E World Creation [HomeBrew]

Wanting to do a few sessions of World Creation, then do a 4e campaign based upon that world. I have taken Dawn of Worlds as my template and heavily modified it. We will each choose a 4E core Deity to play as. Where we will take turns shaping land, making races, and starting wars.
-Bump- So here are some of the rules I've come up with. First pick a Deity. Deities Avandra: Good Goddess of Change, Luck and Travel. Patron of Halflings. Bahamut: Lawful Good God of Justice, Protection and Nobility. Patron of Dragonborn. Moradin: Lawful Good God of Family, Community and Creation (as in smithin). Patron of Dwarves. Pelor: Good God of Sun, Agriculture and Time. Seasonal God of Summer. Corellon: Unaligned God of Beauty, Art, Magic and the Fey. Seasonal God of the Spring and Patron of Eladrin. Erathis: Unaligned Goddess of Civilization, Inventions and Law. Ioun: Unaligned Goddess of Knowledge, Skill and Prophecy. Kord: Unaligned God of Storms, Battle and Strength. Melora: Unaligned Goddess of Wilderness, Nature and the Sea. Raven Queen: Unaligned Goddess of Death, Fate and Doom. Sehanine: Unaligned Goddess of Illusion, Love and the Moon. Seasonal God of Autumn and Patron of Elves. Asmodeus: Evil God of Tyranny and Domination. Lord of Devils. Bane: Evil God of War and Conquest. Revered by Goblins. Gruumsh: Chaotic Evil God of Slaughter and Destruction. Patron of Orcs. Lolth: Chaotic Evil Goddess of Shadow and Lies. Patron of Drow and spiders. Tharizdun:The Chained God. Tiamat: Evil Goddess of Greed and Envy, Patron of the Chromatic Dragons. Torog: Evil God of the Underdark, Patron of Jailors and Tortuerers. Vecna: Evil God of the Undead and Necromancy. Lord of Secrets. Zehir: Evil God of Darkness and Poison. Favoured Deity of the Yuan-Ti and Patron of Assassins. Each one has certain bonuses and restrictions on gameplay. Avandra: Shape land costs 1 less When creating cities, increase your lowest attribute by 1. Halfling Cities get +1 Population when created. May not make alliances with Zehir and Torog. Bahamut: +1 to Cities Defense Roll. Dragonborn Cities get +1 Population when created. May not make alliances with Tiamat. Moradin: +1 more defense from mountain biomes. Dwarven Cities get +1 Population when created. +1 Population for each adjacent City that shares at least one of the following (Deity, Alignment, Race) May not make alliances with Gruumsh, Orcs, or Asmodeus. Pelor +1 more population from Plains Biomes. When Creating, Shaping, or Extending Plains Biomes, add 1 more Plains Tile. Human Cities get +1 Population when created. May not make alliances with Tharizdun. Corellon When Creating, Shaping, or Extending Forest Biomes, add 1 more Forest Tile. Eladrin Cities get +1 population when created. Make not make alliances with Gruumsh, Bane, Lolth, Orcs, Goblins, or Drow. Erathis Cities Cost 1 less to create MinotaursCities get +1 population when created. Advancing Cities cost 1 less. May not make alliances with Melora Ioun Creating Orders cost 1 less. Advancing Cities cost 1 less. May not make alliances with Vecna. Kord Cities get +1 Mil when created. When fighting or defending on Wet Biomes, Gain 1 extra battle dice. Gain an extra power point for each city defeated. Melora Create, Shape, and Extend Land costs 1 less. When Creating, Shaping, and Extending Land that is Ocean. Add 1 more Ocean Tile. All biomes give +1 Population instead of their normal modifer(s). Raven Queen Every time a City is defeated gain a Power Point. When Creating, Shaping, and Extending Land that is a Cold Biome. Add 1 more of that Tile. Cities created on Cold Biomes gain +1 Population when created. Sehanine Elven and Halfling Cities gain 1 Pop when created. Add 1 to your Population Attribute roll when creating cities. May not make alliances with Drow or Lolth. Asmodeus Cities that have no alliances gain an Extra Gov. Badlands Biomes gain +1 Gov instead of -1 Population. Bane Goblin Orders cost 1 less to create. When attacking gain 1 to all dice rolls, but -1 when defending. Goblin and Bladeing Cities gain 1 Pop when created. Gruumsh Every time you defeat a City gain 1 Power Point. Every time you defeat a city that worships Corellon gain an extra Power Point Orc and Half-Orc cities gain 1 Pop when created. May not make alliances with Cities that worship Sehanine, Corellon, or Moradin. Lolth Align City costs 1 less. Every time you defeat a city that worships Corellon gain an extra Power Point Drow Cities gain 1 Pop when created. May not make alliances with Cities that worship Corellon. Tharizdun When Creating, Shaping, and Extending Land that is a Cold Biome. Add 1 more of that Tile. Orders of Drow and Genasi cost 1 less to create. May not make any alliances except with Chaotic Evil Cities that Worship Tharizdun. Tiamat Every time you defeat a City gain 1 Power Point. Every time you defeat a city that worships Bahamut gain an extra Power Point May not make alliances with Bahamut Cities. Torog Badlands Biomes gain +1 populatin instead of -1. Every time you defeat a city that worships Avandra gain an extra Power Point May only make alliances with Cities that worship Torog, Asmodeus, Lolth, and the Raven Queen. Vecna Every time a City is defeated gain a Power Point. Every time you defeat a city create 1 army from that city. Reverant, Shade, and Vryloka Cities gain 1 Pop when created. Zehir Cities created on Mountain Biomes gain +1 Population Align City costs 1 less. Make not make alliances with Tiamat. Here are all the main races you can create when you want to put races in the game. Races Every race has a favorite biome, when creating cities on this biome, gain +1 POP. Core Races Deva: II None Dragonborn: I None Dwarf: I Mountains Eladrin: I Jungle Elf: I Forest Githzerai: II Jungle Gnome: II Forest Goalith: II Mountains Half-Elf: I Plains or Forest Half-Orc: II Plains or Badlands Halfing: I Plains or Forest Human: I Plains Minotaur: III None Shardmind: III None Shifter: II Forest Tiefling: I None Wilden: III Forest Monster Races Bladeling None Bugbear Any Changeling None Drow Badlands Genasi None Githyanki Jungle Gnolls Savanna Goblins Any Hamadryad Forest Hengeyokai Forest Hobgoblins Any Kalashtar Forest Kenku Forest Kobalds Any Mul Mountains Orc Badlands Pixie Forest Revenant None Satyr Forest Shade None Shadar-Kai Swampland Svirfneblin Forest Thri-Kreen Badlands Vryloka None Warforged Ruins POWERS Each player must keep track of his or her own level of power, or power points. Each round all players roll two six-sided dice and add the sum of their running total power level. Each turn, players may spend these points on powers listed on the table below, or save them for later. Players who end their turn with five or fewer points gain a cumulative +1 point for the next round, up to a maximum of +3. Therefore if Pelor ended his turn with 4 points, he would gain 2D6+1 power points next turn, 2D6+2 the following, and 2D6+3 after that (if he ended with five or fewer each turn). If you don't end with five or fewer you lose the bonus and would have to start it over. After 5 rounds you can pass onto the next age with a majority vote. After 10 rounds you can pass on with just 1 vote. *With Command City and Align City, if they City doesn't worship you it costs 10 more power points to perform this action, unless you have an order present. ** Religious Orders that weren't created by you cost 10 more power points to command, non-religious orders cost 5 more. Create Land: Roll a D12 and create D6 tiles of that type of land, (consult the Create Land chart) the land can be placed anywhere as long as they are all adjacent to each other. This land creation cannot replace other Tiles except Ocean Tiles. * Some biomes are sub-types and don't replace other tiles, but get added together. You could have an Ocean Mountains, a Savanna with a River, Swampland Ruins, or even a Desert with a River and Mountains. Shape Land: Change a single tile of land into another type of your choice. Such as changing a plains into a forest. Extend Land: Create another tile of land that is adjacent to another one, this new land must be the same type as the adjacent one. This land creation can replace other land. Create Race: Create a new race into the world. The race don't have a particular tile they roam in, but are rather “in” the world. Create City: Command a race a build a city. Cities have attribute that effect how them and they must be generated when created. Roll 3d6 4 times and assign them to the cities stats. Which are Military (MIL) Population (POP) Government (GOV) and Religion (REL). Military effects the total number of armies the city can create as well as its defense dice. Population determines its total health, if it reaches 0 the city is destroyed and becomes ruins. Government determines how many actions the city can make when being commanded. Religion determines how easy the city can be taken over by an order. Cities are placed on a single tile and get can get benefits from the tile of land they are placed. Consult the Chart below for benefits. Command City: Commanding a city lets you perform 1 city action. If the city has no actions left, you cannot perform this Power this turn, Actions refresh at the start of a round. Advance City: Increase one of its attributes by 1 point to a max of 20. Create Army: Create an army, when attacked roll an extra damage dice and all armies must be destroyed before damage to the city can be done. Create Order: Create an order of one type (Mil, Gov, Rel) Go to War: Attack another City. Roll a number of battle dice equal to your number of armies. Defending City rolls a number of defending dice equal to its Military Mod + number of armies. Compare highest dice first. For each dice higher destory an army, if lower you lose an army, if equal you destory an army and lose an army. If city has no armies you deal damage to its Population Score instead. If the population score reaches zero the city becomes ruins. Create Alliance: Choose a city that shares one of the following: Alignment, Religion, Race. Make an alliance with this city, You may not attack cities you have alliances with. Break Alliance: Break an alliance. Command Order Infiltrate City City There are three type of orders (Mil, Gov, Rel) Military Orders: Military try to take over a city through power. Roll a single battle dice against the Cities Defense dice (number equal to its Military Mod) If your dice is the highest you take over the city you are successful and your order now has a presence within that city. If equal nothing happens, if lower your order is destoryed. Government Orders: Government orders try to take over a city through spys, assassins, or money. This works the same as military orders except they the city gets a number of defense dice equal to their Government Mod. Religious Orders: Take to take over a city through mass worship. This works the same as military and government orders except the city gets a number of defense dice equal to their Religion Mod. If successful your order gains a presence within the city. Attack another order: May attack another order within the city, each roll a battle dice, and gain modifiers from the list below: The highest dice wins, and the loser is destroyed from the city, if tie, both orders are destroyed. Align City: Alter the Alignment of the city. You must either increase or decrease it, by 1 level. Lawful Good (2) Good (1) Neutral (0) Evil (-1) Chaotic Evil (-2) Event/Catastrophe: You lash out directly against a city, order, or another Deity. Against a city: You deal D6 damage to its Population. Against an Order: you roll a D6+1 against their D6, if you are equal to or higher, you destroy that order from that city. If the order worships you, then you automatically win the roll. Against another Deity: each roll a D6, if you are successful they lose D6 power Points. There is a bit more, but there are in the form of excel spreadsheet snippets and roll20 doesn't like those.
I would be interested in trying this out. Please, pm me with more details or to talk more about it.
Pm Sent!
This sounds pretty darn cool. I like it, and would very much like to join in.
Orginally in Dawn of Worlds there wasn't a limit on how "far" you could attack, baisicly your armies would just cross the expanse of the world and attack. Each round in the ages could be hundreds of years, so it makes sense not to limit them. However I'm thinking of making a penalty system for armies that have to cross certain distances, or terrain (such as a range of mountains). This would be like an ongoing war and 1000's of troops having to march across mountains over the course of a hundred year war turned the tides and wiped them out. My idea is -1 to attack rolls for each 10 squares away. -1 for each mountain range they have to cross -1 for each river or ocean they have to cross. Thoughts and ideas?
Is this text based or will we be using Skype or something like thst
That is a great question. I will have to do text, but we could do a skype group for the rest of the people, and I could listen. But I would not be able to join in with my voice. (Issues with noise at where I'm located)
I'll like to join and is it alright If i use text as well because I don't have a mic
I haven't flushed out all the setting details, but I think that is where I'm leaning towards. So yes, that should be okay.
-BUMP- Been setting displaying cities and marcros. Here is an example of the macro: ?{Powers|Create Land(20),/me Create Land[[20&{tracker:-} ]] /me Create [[d6]] Tiles of [[d12]] Adjacent to each other. [[1]]: Badlands [[2]]: Tundra [[3]]: Snowlands [[4]]: Savanna [[5]]: Forest [[6]]: Jungle [[7]]: Desert [[8]]: Plains [[9]]: Swampland [[10]]: Mountain [[11]]: River [[12]]:Ocean |Shape Land(8),/me Shape Land[[8&{tracker:-} ]] /me Change a single Tile into another type of your choice |Extend Land(5),/me Extend Land[[5&{tracker:-} ]] /me Create another tile of land adjacent to another one of the same type. |Create Race(15),/me Create Race[[15&{tracker:-} ]] /me Create a Race |Create City(3),/me Create City[[3&{tracker:-} ]] /me Create a city with these stats: MIL:[[3d6]] POP:[[3d6]] GOV:[[3d6]] REL:[[3d6]] |Command City(2*),/me Command City[[2&{tracker:-} ]] /me Command a city to perform 1 action. |Command Order(2**),/me Command Order[[2&{tracker:-} ]] /me Command an order. |Align City(3*),/me Align City[[3&{tracker:-} ]] /me Change a Cities Alignment |Event(10),/me Event[[10&{tracker:-} ]] /me Cause an Event. } and here is my picture guide displaying a cities stats:
We've Decided on Thrusday 6pm (CST) as our time for now.
-bump- still need at least 2 more.
-bump-