Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

Certain spell not able to complete its spell slot level adjustment and API script spelltracking bug

"Spiritual Weapon" is not completing or letting me choose a higher spell slot level to cast it at. ALSO, when i have the API script:  5th Edition OGL by Roll20 Companion the actual spell itself is not calculating out the spell slot used.  
Silvyre
Forum Champion
Could you try deleting and recreating the spell?
done that numerous times... still nothing 

Edited 1472495328
Silvyre
Forum Champion
Could you make sure that: 1. Your API Sandbox has not been disabled. 2. You have !spelltracking on 3. Your number of used spell slots is less than your number of total spell slots for a given spell level.
done and done,  even deleted the script and re-applied it and went back into the character sheet and tried out the spell again... same thing.   not tracking the spell used nor giving the option to output at a higher level.  
Silvyre
Forum Champion
Could you please: Take a screenshot spell options on the Spell tab, and Post the output of the spell's Sheet Roll Button. Thank you.
omgosh this may take some time to figure out. lol i'll see what i can do for you haha
Stephen Koontz
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
The higher level casting and API spell slot expenditure are triggering off the damage. I can see why you'd want to designate those before rolling for attack. There are just so few spells that have higher level casting AND an attack roll that it never came up in my testing. I'll add it to my list for my next character sheet pass.
(facepalm) silvyre.... sorry.... my player had it so that he had the option to toggle the "Auto Damage roll: Dont Auto Roll Damage" so when i cast the spell, and hovered over the name of the spell to do damage,  the pop up of the Caster level spell slot window came up,  and completed the spell and successfully took away a spell slot (Spelltracking)  sorry to waste your time on this :( 
Silvyre
Forum Champion
Don't worry about it, I'm glad we figured out what the issue is. I'll mark this as resolved.