Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Multiple Player Pages?

Hi all, is it possible to have duplicate player page bookmarks?  For example if I wanted the players to access two pages?  I tend to use one page for marching order as the group is quite big.   Thanks.
The Aaron
Pro
API Scripter
The player ribbon denotes the page the players are on, not ones they have access to. There isn't a way via the UI to allow players to switch between pages. Here are a few suggested work arounds: Move the player ribbon to the matching order page when it needs to be adjusted.  Add a section to each map that players use to set up their marching order.  Use a handout to track matching order.  With a Pro Subscription, there are some API scripts that could be used. 
Hi Aaron, thanks for the info.  Its not a big deal, can work around it.  Another question.  I have only run two games using roll20 (and in the middle of my second one now) but I can see in my first game that I have a button for the handouts that says "show players": But in my second game I do not get this option, just an edit button: Is there a way to have handouts hidden from my players and then click a button to show it to them?  Or do I need to go in to individual hand-outs each time, click edit, select "all players journal" then ask my players to find it themselves?
The Aaron
Pro
API Scripter
Are you logged in as a GM in the second instance? &nbsp;As GM you should always have the Show to Players button for handouts:&nbsp; <a href="https://wiki.roll20.net/Journal#Show_To_Players_Bu" rel="nofollow">https://wiki.roll20.net/Journal#Show_To_Players_Bu</a>... Also of note: You can also drag and drop a Handout from the Journal tab in the right sidebar onto a player. That player will be given permission to view the Handout, and it will also appear on their screen immediately.
Hi, Yes I am the DM as best I can tell? &nbsp;I see this option when I log in which implies I am the DM: And here is the landing page info:
Silvyre
Forum Champion
Michael M. said: I have only run two games using roll20 (and in the middle of my second one now) but I can see in my first game that I have a button for the handouts that says "show players": But in my second game I do not get this option, just an edit button: Within the second game, disable Window Popouts for Characters if you would like to use the 'Show to Players' functionality.
Gold
Forum Champion
Michael, check on your Settings tab in-game. Do you have "Use window popouts for characters" checkmarked on the second game that has the issue?&nbsp; Window popouts for Journal handouts don't have the "Show To Players" button. Only the non-popout has it. Here are wiki docs for this, though I think some of the terminology may have changed, <a href="https://wiki.roll20.net/Journal#Pop-Out_Button" rel="nofollow">https://wiki.roll20.net/Journal#Pop-Out_Button</a>
Bingo! &nbsp;Thank you all. &nbsp;It looks like this doesn't stop players from making their character sheets popout themselves so I wonder what is the reason for this setting?&nbsp;

Edited 1472741331
Gold
Forum Champion
Michael M. said: Bingo! &nbsp;Thank you all. &nbsp;It looks like this doesn't stop players from making their character sheets popout themselves so I wonder what is the reason for this setting?&nbsp; The reason for the pop-out option is, mainly, players who have a second screen. With the pop-out you can have your Character open on a second window continually, while the main tabletop is fully visible on your main screen. It makes sense to allow a user-by-user choice, since only the individual user knows if they want to have 2 windows. Why does the pop-out not have access to "Show To Players" button? This is an open question. (?) Maybe it's something a popped-out window can't do for some technical reason, or maybe "Show To Players Button On Pop-Outs" could be added to the system, perhaps only a Dev could say for sure. P.S. Silvyre, I didn't mean to answer the same answer, and posted at almost the same time as you yesterday. :)
Thanks for the explanation.&nbsp;